When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that twisted! :p

However, still correct lol, km is a meausre of distance and therefore cannot be driven by a person, one can drive FOR a km but not a km itself.

THANK YOU I AM A WINNER!!!!

hahahahaha!

good luck to the twisted mofo who comes up with the OTHER correct answer lol.

Thought HTML was a no-go on RWG for the general membership.

That is absolutely correct. However, I'm clever. :D

I have the same code in my Avatar.

I wrote a php application that returns a jpeg (basically piping a random jpeg from a directory) and changed my web server to run any file ending in .jpeg (not .jpg) as a PHP application. This forum sees the jpeg as a picture and has no problems with that. It's got the right mime type and everything. It is, to all intents and purposes, a jpeg. The hard bit is configuring the web server to force clients not to cache it, otherwise they load one version and it stays in their cache.

Ari and Charles took turns driving on a round trip using the same route both ways. Ari drove the first 40 km and then Charles drove the rest of the way. Ari started to drive on the return trip and then Charles drove the last 50km. Which of the two drove more km and how many more did he drive?

Must be 20 km that charles drove more.

When the route is e.g. 140km long, Ari drove 40 km and Charles 100 km. On the way back Charles drove 50 km and Ari 90 km. So Charles drove 150 km and Ari drove 130 km. This works with every distance... ;)

Edited by melvin.x

And he's humble :yu:

Oh yes I am. Most of the time... ;)

And to prove that, here´s a short and easy one for you:

A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

The one full of dead lions.

The one full of dead lions.

As I said. Short and easy. I think this is a new record. The RIGHT answer in 1 minute including typing. :Jumpy:

Well done Pugwash. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

OK one more...

John has ten bags of coins which all look alike. One of the bags is filled with replica coins. All the genuine coins weigh 10 grams each and all the fake coins weigh 20 grams each. Each of the ten bags contain 20 coins. Using a scale which measures in grams, how would John be able to determine which bag contains the fake coins with only one weighing?

Edited by melvin.x

John has ten bags of coins which all look alike. One of the bags is filled with replica coins. All the genuine coins weigh 10 grams each and all the fake coins weigh 20 grams each. Each of the ten bags contain 20 coins. Using a scale which measures in grams, how would John be able to determine which bag contains the fake coins with only one weighing?

By standing on the scales and throwing the bags into the corner of the room one by one. :D

It doesn't really matter which one he weighs, he will know the rep coins just by lifting up the bags one at a time.

Ken

Edit.........or a twist on Puggy's idea, put them all on the scales and take them off one at a time.

By standing on the scales and throwing the bags into the corner of the room one by one. :D

This is a very good idea but not the correct answer that I am searching for. At least he has not a scale for persons and concerning that he throws the bags after each other he would have made ten weighings.

The same for Ken. Lifting up the bags one at a time would be also ten weighings only without the scale...

So. TRY AGAIN... :bleh:

This is a very good idea but not the correct answer that I am searching for. At least he has not a scale for persons and concerning that he throws the bags after each other he would have made ten weighings.

The same for Ken. Lifting up the bags one at a time would be also ten weighings only without the scale...

So. TRY AGAIN... :bleh:

Put all bags on the scale. John surely can not put all 10 bags at once on the scale but one by one. By observing the weight change (400gm for the fake), John can detect the bad one.

Take one coin from one bag, two from the next, etc.

This took you a few minutes longer but finally you got it RIGHT ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And here´s the complete solution to explain for those who did not get it:

John has to number all of the bags from one to ten. Then he takes one coin from the bag numbered one, two coins from the bag numbered two, three coins from the bag numbered three, etc. He then puts all of these coins on the scale. From this one weighing he is able to determine which bag contains the fake coins. For example, if all the coins were real, the total weight would be 550 grams. If the bag numbered six contained the fake coins, the total weight would be 610 grams - ten extra grams for each fake coin. If the bag numbered two contained the fake coins, the total weight would be 570 gram

This is the last one for me today before I got to bed...

The dead body of John Smith, the famous American writer, lay slumped across his hotel room desk. His hand lay near an empty bottle of sleeping pills. A suicide note lay on the desk. "It's so strange," said the bellhop, "as I was carrying Mr. Smith´s bags he was talking excitedly about being in England. As a matter of fact, he said this was the first time he had ever been out of the U.S., and he was planning to write his next novel with London as the setting." The detective looked at the note. It read: "I have lost my will to live. My work has received all the honour it deserves. My writing was the centre of my life, but in retrospect, I suppose they're just trashy novels. As the colour fades from my eyes, I can only hope for a better life in the next world." Based on this, the detective concluded: "I'm sure Mr. Smith was murdered." Why?