When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

Ah, hint taken....I should probably let you know the answer, eh?

Well you both get honorary correct answers for having a go, but the 'correct' answer is neither platypus nor squirrel.

Here's another one to keep you busy:

During the war, there was a bridge connecting Germany and Switzerland, and on the German side, there was a sentry tower with a guard in it. He would come out every three minutes like clockwork to check on the bridge, and he had orders to turn back anyone who tried to get into Germany, and shoot anyone trying to escape without a pass. There was a woman who desperately needed to get into Switzerland, and she knew she didn't have time to get a pass. It would take her at least six minutes to cross the bridge, but she managed to do it. How?

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name of the next animal starts with a letter two after the last letter of the previous animal and has one more letter.

Of course!....................Doh :(

Imagine you are in a room, no doors windows or anything, how do you get out?

How did I get in? ;)

Ken :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Name that Magician

While I have a few people working their brains at figuring out another brain-teaser of mine, which you can find here: (RWC Off Topic Brain Teaser from Codammanus)I was invited here to give it a go. I must warn you, that I am a bit rusty since I last came up with THESE, so I ask that you bear with me. It's been a while. If the answer is difficult--good. If it's EZPZ, well....I told ya so.

Here's a story about a magician. Can you figure out his name?

The Magician

There once was a magician who could make things, really anything, appear out of nowhere. He was good. Buildings, people, watches even, he could make it materialize.

Right before your eyes.

One day someone asked a question: How do you do that? (Not the first time he was asked this).

He said, :

Edited by Codammanus-2014

um, maybe i'm missing something, but my guess = jesus.

reasons why:

-"god to some, but out of you I have come" -- born of the virgin mary

-"too many lines to trace from where i am from" -- long lineage (matthew 1:1-17)

-"just know without you, i wouldn't exist" -- again, born of man?

-"outpacing my counterpart on coveted lists" -- maybe reference to muhammed? not sure about this line

-"my family tree puts me akin to lies" -- some shady folks in jesus' lineage

-"engaged in courtrooms plenty, even summarized" -- jesus was sentenced to death in court

-"and sadly the nature of too many lives" -- ??

-"refuge from boredom, and boredom itself" -- ??

-"mimicking me can be bad for your health" -- don't take the lord's name in vain

-"i will be here just as long as you are." -- immortal

-"your inseparable vehicle, to go off afar." -- maybe a holy spirit reference?

deltatahoe

I was wondering about that.

Is it a picture or a word or something. I was trying to figure it out, but I didn't know if there was anything to figure. Then I forgot.

What am I looking for? I'll get it.

I thought to myself "You think too much. Sometimes 'a whale is just a whale."

Edited by Codammanus-2014

hmmm... this may be completely off the mark, but it seems that a lot of these lines would add up to someone speaking about themself, upon seeing their image in the mirror - 'magician'

There once was a magician who could make things, really anything, appear out of nowhere. He was good. Buildings, people, watches even, he could make it materialize.

or - 'good' :D

Edited by b16a2

That is a semi-acceptable answer,

However,

You have missed an important line that does not fit "imagination"

You should have the word I have in mind once you figure that line out.

That's pretty much it though. Just one line missing (The same one Pugwash missed)