When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

There are 3 black hats and 2 white hats. You and two others each have one of the 5 hats. You can all see what colour hats the others are wearing, but not your own. Everyone wants to be the first to work out the colour of their own hat. You can see one of them is wearing a black hat and the other a white hat.

How can you tell what colour yours is? :yeah:

There are 5 hats 3 black and 2 white. If one of the other guys is wearing a white hat, then look at the 2 spare hats, if one is white you MUST be wearing a black hat, if they are both black you must be wearing a white hat.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i don't see anywhere in the question where it says you're not allowed to ask one of the others what hat you have on, not to mention you would have to see it when you are putting it on.

Hints for mine........................well it not a serious question.

Ken

Well, if you can take the hat off and look or ask the others, then it would not be good question for you guys. :bangin:

Come on, you can not ask others or send any signal and you can not take the hat off to see. :whistling:

There are 5 hats 3 black and 2 white. If one of the other guys is wearing a white hat, then look at the 2 spare hats, if one is white you MUST be wearing a black hat, if they are both black you must be wearing a white hat.

There is only one answer. No if clauses. :bleh:

Hint: Everyone wants to be the first to answer it correctly. :yeah:

Wow wow wow wow. I am gonna pull a puggy here, and demand to be crowned winner for giving the CORRECT answer.

There must be 2 spare hats, therefore depending upon the colour of the spare hats, you can determine the colour of your own. No if's, no but's, no maybe's this is CORRECT lol.

Wow wow wow wow. I am gonna pull a puggy here, and demand to be crowned winner for giving the CORRECT answer.

There must be 2 spare hats, therefore depending upon the colour of the spare hats, you can determine the colour of your own. No if's, no but's, no maybe's this is CORRECT lol.

That'd be too easy for you. :thumbdown:

No, you can not see the spare hats.

Yeah but Chris if we didn't see our own hat being put on what makes you think we can see the spare hats :bleh:

Ken

The fact that noone said you couldn't see the spare hats.

Ok then if everyone is trying to be first then everyone will guess what colour hat they have on. If you are wearing a white hat then the person wearing the black hat will say black, as that is the only possibility. If there is hesitancy and noone KNOWS what colour hat they have on then you must be wearing black, as it is the only option where NOONE would KNOW what they are wearing.

You would see a black and a white.

The person wearing black would see a black and a white

the person wearing white would see a black and a black

Hence none of you would KNOW what colour of hat you have on.

So if you are wering black then noone knows what colour they are wearing, hence upon the hesitancy you can assume you are wearing a black hat.

If you are wearing a white hat then, the person wearing a black hat KNOWS HE MUST be wearing black.

The fact that noone said you couldn't see the spare hats.

Ok then if everyone is trying to be first then everyone will guess what colour hat they have on. If you are wearing a white hat then the person wearing the black hat will say black, as that is the only possibility. If there is hesitancy and noone KNOWS what colour hat they have on then you must be wearing black, as it is the only option where NOONE would KNOW what they are wearing.

You would see a black and a white.

The person wearing black would see a black and a white

the person wearing white would see a black and a black

Hence none of you would KNOW what colour of hat you have on.

So if you are wering black then noone knows what colour they are wearing, hence upon the hesitancy you can assume you are wearing a black hat.

If you are wearing a white hat then, the person wearing a black hat KNOWS HE MUST be wearing black.

Perfect! since Edge answered correctly first. Winner!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Haven't got a bloody clue lol.

How bout he owned 3 hens and 3 roosters, the are all randy little buggers and have copulated to make little baby hens, hence the 3 tiers, all different families lol - WRONG!!

How about he owns all the hens, and the roosters are imposters as it's a HEN HOUSE - WRONG!!

lol haven't got a clue on this one, prolly really simple.

Glad you liked it :D

I thought I was in for a stoning for a while there :blink:

Ken ;)

:D Don't worry Ken. I did not quite get the point there since English isn't my first.

Anyway, Keep them coming. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BTW, I came across some questions, which I do not have/ know answers. What to try them?

There is an island of monks where everyone has either brown eyes or red eyes. Monks who have red eyes are cursed, and are supposed to commit suicide at midnight. However, no one ever talks about what color eyes they have, because the monks have a vow of silence. Also, there are no reflective surfaces on the whole island. Thus, no one knows their own eye color; they can only see the eye colors of other people, and not say anything about them. Life goes on, with brown-eyed monks and red-eyed monks living happily together in peace, and no one ever committing suicide. Then one day a tourist visits the island monastery, and, not knowing that he's not supposed to talk about eyes, he states the observation "At least one of you has red eyes." Having acquired this new information, something dramatic happens among the monks.

What happens? :g: