When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The view from my office window today

FxrAndy

what you can see is the view from my office, looking onto the 400m track with a rugby field in the middle, great when a match is on as i can watch it from the warm, the person you can see is a Phisical training instructor and what he is doing is clearing a 400m track of 8 inches of snow in Minus 8 degrees celcius!

DSC01191.jpg

What made me laugh that he was doing it on his own with a snow shovel and not just the inside lane but 3 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How i love the Army!

Young kids don't know how easy they have it. Back in my day, we had to clear off 4' of snow with our toothbrushes and barefoot, 10 minutes before we woke up. ;)

You had feet? Sheer luxury. Our father took our feet when we were born, and pawned them to pay the mortgage for the box we lived in. In the middle of the high street. Under 4' of snow. Snow, or as it was referred; 'dinner'.

You had feet? Sheer luxury. Our father took our feet when we were born, and pawned them to pay the mortgage for the box we lived in. In the middle of the high street. Under 4' of snow. Snow, or as it was referred; 'dinner'.

LUXURY! Ay...we dreamed of having a box...and if only I could have had 4' of snow to call my own.

Back in my day, we had to walk to across the country over to the ocean in order to bring back the water in the pockets of our trousers. We'd then spend all night in our wet trousers outside until they froze and we had enough ice that we could make the snow in order to have something to shovel. And did we have shovels? No...we had to use the backs of our hands.

LUXURY! Ay...we dreamed of having a box...and if only I could have had 4' of snow to call my own.

Back in my day, we had to walk to across the country over to the ocean in order to bring back the water in the pockets of our trousers. We'd then spend all night in our wet trousers outside until they froze and we had enough ice that we could make the snow in order to have something to shovel. And did we have shovels? No...we had to use the backs of our hands.

Methinks we have hijacked Andy's thread :D

Of course in my day we didn't have threads we made our pants from dried weeds. ;)

Ken

OMG I laughed. Hard.