When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer 2000 Chronograph

Ok...so I had a chance to purchase some old TAG Heuer parts and I thought i would put together a nice watch, here's the result.

I picked up a Used case with dial, since being a watchmaker, I'm able to pick up parts cheaper, so i bought genuine Hour + Minute hands and also bought a ETA 251.262 movement which came with subseconds hands and 2 split timing hands (seconds and minutes)

So I put it all together and ordered a Rep bracelet to go with the case, the rep bracelet is from SILIX (thanks) it doesnt actually fit that well but i will get them to fit better when i have time to do them up.

What do you guys think?

picture of the watch in progress

92438-28015.jpg

end result

92438-28016.jpg

thanks for viewing!

Looks very nice!

Is that an automatic movement?? Haven't heard of that one and the subdial spacing is quite different from autos I've seen.

its an ETA Quartz movement - same as the one they put in the TAG HEUER Quartz Chronograph. This is how it works:

the subdials run like this: 10 o'clock subdial counts hours; 2 o'clock subdial counts 1/10 of a second: 6 o'clock subdial is a running seconds.

the center hands run like this: hour hand per usual; minute hand per usual; primary center seconds hand counts seconds when stopwatch is in use; secondary center minute hand counts minutes when stopwatch is in use.

Altogther the watch has 7 hands. Hope this clears it up =)

What do I think? I think it looks fantastic!

It looks like it uses the same case/bracelet combination as the Aquagraph and Aquaracer 2000 Chrono.

Mmm, I love it...