When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old RWG

bluespower

Gran last logged in yesterday. Will he be turning up here ? I don't really know if it's him doing all the stuff he's been accused of. Let's hope not!

:starwars:

post-178-1142805238.gif

post-178-1142805264.gif

We all have to remember that the old site was our home for a long time for some members, a short time for others.

To be quite honest, If blade was around, we'd all still be over there.

I'm not sure if blade paid for the server space monthly, or paid by the month, but I do know however that a certain person who donated enough per month to pay the bills has oficially quit donating ;)

Someone had mistakenly said that the server was paid up thru sometime in 2007. I hate to say it but Blade is looking worse and worse. And everyone who bailed us lucky beneficiaries out are looking better and better.

With that in mind, may I suggest (since I am not a Mod or Admin) that everyone who is intending on hanging around here quite a bit pay up for a year membership. If you can afford a rep you can afford the membership. :D

Someone had mistakenly said that the server was paid up thru sometime in 2007. I hate to say it but Blade is looking worse and worse. And everyone who bailed us lucky beneficiaries out are looking better and better.

With that in mind, may I suggest (since I am not a Mod or Admin) that everyone who is intending on hanging around here quite a bit pay up for a year membership. If you can afford a rep you can afford the membership. :D

Well said kruzer.

There are basically two costs with running a web site.

1. The domain name (WWW.whatever.com)

2. The monthly cost to the internet service provider (Where the site is physically located)

The domain name is paid up till 2007, meaning that blade will own that website name at least till 2007, but who knows about the ISP.... I don't think you can pay in advance for and ISP, because the costs vary depending on what kind of plan you have. If you exceed your monthly bandwidth for example, your costs will be higher.

Been reading Slayers posts over there regarding Gran...What is that all about?? He sounds so passionate that I wonder if he is Gran???? Damn, no matter what happened it doesn't mean you should delete and change posts. Those words do not belong to him. JMHO

Gpuck B)

• 1 year later...

Like the NRA says, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." Know what I mean? RWG I, II, or MCLXII--doesn't matter, if the folks mentioned above are actively posting, it ain't going to be sweetness and light. Some people just aren't happy unless they're stirring up some 8th grade [censored], and they tend to congregate where 8th grade [censored] is allowed to be stirred. Better there than here is what I think.

Sadly Jonnyboy no longer posts there. Only two appearances in the last few months. Like many others the [censored] he took finally drove him away. I hope that he is reincarnated here or at TRC with some new Name. He was the greatest. Some of the oldtimers still make a daily appearance.

It truly is like Deja Vu all over again. May we rest in peace.

It's actually pretty peaceful there these days....like a visit to a sleepy little town - where Demsey is the mayor and Clive the Chief of Police (or is it the other way around?) and a few other well-intentioned old-timers do their best to aid and protect the noobies...anyway, it's where many of us came from before we arrived here....I think that's called the Alma Mater.

We won't talk about who the father was....too embarrasing for many (especially for those who were too happy to syncopate along in his wake before turning on him for....some of the same [censored] some of the dealers here are being put through the grinder for!

It's funny how history repeats itself....

For those new enough not to know the full story (if anyone will ever know the full story) I should add that one big difference between the two boards is that this one is run by the more or less invisible hand of Admin - and a more honest, devoted and conscientious individual would be hard to find.

Come to think of it, the moderators are a pretty decent bunch as well....