When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the most and least comfortable watch you own?

RobbieG

A different topic to start the day on the East Coast. I was thinking about a certain watch I love to look at but because of the design of the case back and my wrist shape or something it is hard to get comfortable on the wrist with any adjustment. So without further delay here are my two:

The most comfortable would have to be the DJ (but the Ti Aquatimer is a close runner-up):

DJ13.jpg

The least comfortable, and in fact the only uncomfortable piece in my current collection is the PO (but I will still try not to let it bother me as she looks so good):

PO1-1.jpg

I'm with you on the PO can be a bit uncomfortable...the 45mm not the 42mm

for me the most comfortable is my IWC 3707 gst titanium

Yeah, I can't imagine the 45.5MM - the 42MM is uncomfortable enough. And yes, obviously the GST and the Ti AT are similar. The nice flat back and the feather weight coupled with the bracelet design make for one comfortable watch. It was a close toss upo between the AT and the DJ for me and the DJ just won by a nose - er - crown...

Yeah, I can't imagine the 45.5MM - the 42MM is uncomfortable enough. And yes, obviously the GST and the Ti AT are similar. The nice flat back and the feather weight coupled with the bracelet design make for one comfortable watch. It was a close toss upo between the AT and the DJ for me and the DJ just won by a nose - er - crown...

gotta disagree with you on the 42mm. it wears very comfortable on me...same as the seamaster chrono..both are perfect sizes for me

I'll play :)

Talking purely comfort, with visual aesthetics playing absolutely no part whatsoever, these are mine...

My most comfortable watch, is the one I built yesterday... On the NATO strap, it weight next to nothing, and I can't even tell it's on my arm.

DSCN0687.jpg

Okay, so it looks like junk, but, it's pretty easy to read, and the lume is phenomenal for a rep :good:

My least comfortable, is this clone of a Suunto Vector:

DSCN0685.jpg

The strap is really stiff at the sides, so it doesn't conform to my wrist, it just presses against the bones <_<

With regards bracelets, I'd say that the most comfortable is the Omega X-33 on the bracelet.

DSCN0581.jpg

While Oyster bracelets are comfortable because they completely encase your wrist, this kind of Omega bracelet is comfortable because it only makes contact with your wrist at the high points of the links, so it's minimal contact. Also, having a quartz movement, the watch is much lighter than say a 42mm Planet Ocean. With the Planet Oceans, by comparison with the X-33, I would definitely say that it is the weight of the watch which makes the bracelet uncomfortable, not the bracelet itself...

I wont keep a watch if it doesnt have at least a minimal amount of comfort. my comfy order is as follows (most comfy to least)

A Tie for first between my

EXP I on nato or bracelet

DSCF2417.jpg

DSCF2449.jpg

and my Citizens Ti ECOdiver

DSCN1111.jpg

then my EXP II

DSCN8342.jpg

then my UPO on bracelet

DSCN1000.jpg

then my inge

DSCN8754.jpg

then my UPO on rubber or nato

DSCN7439.jpg

DSCN1416.jpg

then my Noob

DSCN0015.jpg

Great thread idea. thanks RobbieG

Least comfortable large watch 45 PO

close runner up stowa prodiver with bracelet (wieghts in about 1 pound)

most comfortable large watch Doxa 750

most comfortable overall any 41mm seamaster and the 42mm PO just behind it a bit. I'm guessing the ti seamaster would be the ulta comfortable watch....still not sure why I don't own it.

Most comfortable: PAM 111H

Least comfortable: Rolex Submariner 16610.

I am surprised that you find the Planet Ocean uncomfortable to wear, even in 42mm. One reason I fell in love with the PO is the fact that it is so much more comfortable to wear than the Submariner.

This just confirms my suspicions perfectly and why I did the thread. I would put a gun to my head and bet almost anything that anyone would say a 16610 was more comfortable than any PAM hands down and yet you don't. And yes, the PO is WAY less comfortable than a Sub with either the rubber or bracelet for me. I guess everyone's wrist is different regardless of size.

This just confirms my suspicions perfectly and why I did the thread. I would put a gun to my head and bet almost anything that anyone would say a 16610 was more comfortable than any PAM hands down and yet you don't. And yes, the PO is WAY less comfortable than a Sub with either the rubber or bracelet for me. I guess everyone's wrist is different regardless of size.

That's what she said last night ;)

Of note here might also be this: For me, if a watch is on the larger side - 42MM+ - I find that flatter backs work best for my wrist shape. I have very littel fat or muscle right at the joint where I where them so the top of my wrist is quite flat. For that reason, the PO is bad because it has a lumpy engraved caseback. The MMD and AT are quite flat even though fairly thick and for me, that makes for the most comfort. The DJ bracelet is very supple and the inner clasp is smooth as well, but in that case, I realize much of the comfort comes from the smaller size. In these pics you can see the flattness of the MMD and AT pretty well...

UN11r.jpg

Aquatimer2r.jpg

Most comfortable:

TGMT3.jpg

Followed closely by this one:

picotwrist1.jpg

Really, any of the 36-40mm rollies are very comfy.

Least is this one:

Graham%201.jpg

But I still wear it as often as possible! :)

Followed by this one:

BBK%20023.jpg

Big Bang King. I need "inbetweener" holes punched. I wear this one less now that I have the Deep Sea.

I'm surprised noone else has mentioned this one but my most comfortable watch is my trusty SMP.

dscn0396ny5.jpg

My most uncomfortable watch was probably my Skyland purely down to it's size and weight!

most comfortable is the Corum ACC 48 ti, even though is 48mm it wears really comfortable...it sits well on my wrist and being made from titanium weights just enough :

f_wristshot1m_8b5a5c6.jpg

while the least comfortable is this russian diver, huuuuuuuge watch...I believe it's 65-75mm w crown :

f_Diverm_565d8d2.jpg

while the least comfortable is this russian diver, huuuuuuuge watch...I believe it's 65-75mm w crown :

f_Diverm_565d8d2.jpg

Is that a periscope on the side of that thing !!!!???? :o

Guest SliceMaster

Most comfortable must be my GMT II Vintage

nyasoliga006uu1.jpg

Closely followed by my Explorer II

bilwristies019he6.jpg

And worst is without any dought this Chrono Avenger /UTC its way to topheavy and just moves around on my wrist all the time

It will be sold very soon so keep your eyes open if you want it

dscn0278mn7.jpg