When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seagull movement WM9

klocklind1

Interesting, it sure looks like it to me. George refers to it as the KU-92. whatever that means- he doesn't say ETA or swiss in his description. Of course, if the movement were serviced by George's watchmaker, I would assume that it would be a very reliable movement.

What are these being advertiased as by WM9, did he not say that they were 2892/2 at some point??

At this point, he is referring to it as 'based on the 2892-A2' which is OK w/ me, assuming he services the movement. He throws a few other terms in there like 'customized' which looks to be bull, but a serviced Seagull movt ought to do fine.

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/products/parts/eta2892-a2.htm

That other article from watchuseek on the 2836 comparison with the eta/hangzhou/seagull movements which we saw earlier this week (from ajoesmith) indicated even w/o service, these chinese movements could last as long as 18 years. That's certainly longer than I expected, but I think most of us around here realize that the days of getting eta movts are numbered, so we're going to have to start using the clones sooner or later.

The movement inside my yachtie is indeed the seagull and for the last 3 weeks since arrival has kept excellent time. No real complaints about it being used in these watches.

Did you ever post pics of your yachtie? If not, pics of the WM9 are always welcome. Ubi's pictures were good, but it's nice to see these in different light, etc. Over at the gen rolex forums, those guys continually post pictures of genuine watches that all look the same, so it won't be overkill here!

I have that seagull in my Aqua Terra and i find it works very well, Ziggy has however seen a few problems with this one, but i belive that thoase problems come from assembly and dirt, this movement can be bought from www. cousinsuk.com for

Did you ever post pics of your yachtie? If not, pics of the WM9 are always welcome. Ubi's pictures were good, but it's nice to see these in different light, etc. Over at the gen rolex forums, those guys continually post pictures of genuine watches that all look the same, so it won't be overkill here!

I cannot as yet post pics as my camera got damaged coming back from holiday at the New Year and getting another is not yet a priority but will do eventually.