When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how good aree you all.. fake...or gen..game

nmsraider

-YM is dead givaway with thin seconds hand and dial is certainly not PT

-It would not surprise me if the Gucci was gen since it is a costume piece - but it looks fake anyway so I hope it is a rep

As for the other two, older Rolex gens and reps are tough since they change them so much over the years. I couldn't commit to either without more pics.

The gold on both of them can sometimes look like bad plating but can also be just because it is soft and/or has been subjected to varied polish jobs over the years.

The end links fit terrible on the Day Date and the bracelet edges are tough because they looked polished in sections and should be brushed. Although there looks to be a pink gold clasp on it which may or may not be correct depending on the year. The T dial dates it to before 1998 and I don't think they started with the rose gold clasps until later. So the bracelet at least might be rep but the head could still be gen.

So I suppose if I were playing it safe I would say the two gold watches are gens and the other two are reps - with the reservation that the Gucci and anything like that is always going to look like a rep, but it could very likely be gen.

PS: Yellow gold doesn't always age well. Of course now Rolex has really refined alloys with platinum on them for holding color really well but the didn't always. A lot of older gold watches take on a brownish green cast which can sometimes make gen watches look fake - especially if the softness is pitted. I have seen a lot of older DJ's and DD's locally that I would thought were fakes until I found out they were gens.

I got a PM with the right answers OP...when are you gonna clue everyone in!?

sorry for the delay had a all day sesion yesterday and feel a bit worse for wear today :cry:

Answers

Gucci = Gen

Rolex dd = gen

rolex dj = gen

rolex yacht master = $20 cheapo from my holiday to tenerife last year from 'lucky lucky men'