When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So, my watchmaker who is Awesome! and has helped many a friend here

Justasgood

"I really appreciate the work you have done on my house as well as my parents' and I am aware that you sold off most all of your collection to pay some bills.

I have this old put together watch that I want you to take. It is not a gift, but it is yours. Pay me whenever you can. No time limit, no interest. It ain't much, but I serviced it and it keeps great time."

Now mind you, I have no expectations and I am already being Stubborn as I am prone to be in not wanting to persue this conversation......but a wise man or two said I should just accept the generosity of others and be glad that they care enough to make the gesture.

So I wait.....and wait......and wait.....then he appears out of the back and hands me.......ooops, I gotta take this call....hold on

well anyway, it doesn't have the correct band.............it has been worn by a firefighter and has been through 6 house fires.......and well, gosh, I am kinda at a loss for words.......so I'll use numbers................................1.....................................6..

I guess now you want pics right?

Oh wait... I know. He hands you the ultimate icon of all watchdom, the one, the only....

The Watch

LOL....I should be so lucky....

Lol, you stinker, you have half the forum sitting on this topic waiting with bated breath!! In fact I think Nanuq may have just passed out from holding his breath!!! lol

Typical, the pics come just as I post!! Sweeeeet bud, you sure have a friend there!!

Unexpected generosity like this just leaves you speechless. There are no words... I've experienced it several times, and others here have written about it. It's hugely humbling, and inspiring. What an amazing gesture!

And an answer to your question: yes, that watch is incredibly rare. There will never be another one like it in your life.

Unexpected generosity like this just leaves you speechless. There are no words... I've experienced it several times, and others here have written about it. It's hugely humbling, and inspiring. What an amazing gesture!

And an answer to your question: yes, that watch is incredibly rare. There will never be another one like it in your life.

Amen brother!

Some times when things dont seam to be going well at all, wonderfull things happen, I think i would habe been in tears, but that is just me. I think it would be hard to ever NOT wear that watch.

Big groc tears were flowing and it hasn't left my wrist....except the 1/2 dozen times to change and re-change the insert :D

All right.... don't you remember that Christmas morning when you were 8? You got that cool chemistry set, and had to keep mixing, and mixing and mixing the chemicals, until BLAM!!! ....and the cat was no more.

Best to just wear the thing for awhile........