When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO Volacano with a matching horn back strap

apollo22

Let me share with you all a story about the strap......

Last week I got a call from my younger brother who was away on business trip in Hong Kong, and the purpose of the call was to help him run a very important errand - to buy a lottery ticket. For years he never misses a single draw but since he is away he needed someone to help him.

Well, luck has it that he hit the first prize that very evening and won himself a couple of tens of thousands. I am not going to tell you how much but it's definitely enough to buy 2 genuine ROO Rubberclads.

I called him in Hong Kong and told him the news and he thought I was pulling his leg until he returned to his hotel room and checked the lottery results on the internet. He then called me back to thank me and asked me what I want as a reward.

He returned from his business trip on Monday evening and presented me with this GEN AP hornback strap, as I handled over to him his winning lottery ticket.

He got a friend in Hong Kong to help him source it, and paid about US$550.

OK, now to answer a few questions about the watch........

1) I bought it from King.

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=1807

2) It does not have any lume, not on the hands, not on the numbers. And as far as I know the GEN also does not have any lume.

3) I fitted the GEN AP strap using the stock rep links that came with the watch (the watch originally came with rubber straps) and it fits perfectly. No need for any aftermarket conversion kits.

4) I reuse the clasp that originally came with the rubber strap. It fits perfectly.

5) The strap is stunning, and the workmanship superb. To me it is the ultimate hornback strap to fit your ROO. I am not sure if I would pay US$550 for it, but it's one of the best gift I ever received.

Here are a few more shots as requested.

AP1.jpg

AP17.jpg

AP16.jpg

AP15.jpg

AP14.jpg

AP13.jpg

AP12.jpg

AP11.jpg

• 4 months later...
Guest Sql_pl

Beautiful combo!

I started to really like this watch but realised they didn't do good job with getting the orange on dial/tachy right, it should not be so metalic/shiny:

VolcanoHBstrap2.jpg

pictureqdk.jpg