When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RLX Submariner 2008 Supreme Edition 1:1!

rolexconfuse

It's WM9 version 1.

Still an excellent replica / excellent option if you don't want to put $500 on the v2. It's the same base watch minus the superluminova dial, improved pearl, cg's and hollow link bracelet.

You also have to mod the cg's but that's easy. Only the insides need a tiny bit of straightening.

Even I thought long and hard before upgrading to v2 as v1 was really good already.

1.jpg

FYI, WM9 is selling "refurbished" V1/V2 watches for $375. You get a slightly used case (maybe minor swirls) but the V2 dial, hands, bezel insert, and, of course, the super-luminova.

This is a brand new watch with REFURBISHED 2007 Z Submariner watchcase and bracelet from returns or service projects left over. There may be slight cosmetic imperfections on the watchcase and bracelet, for example: scratches. The dial/hands set/bezel insert and crown set are brand new.

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/products/REFURB-...07-Z-SERIAL.htm

I've got one coming.

thanks by-tor, unfortunately I'm not much of a modder, I'm all thumbs, let's put it this way, if the motto was "it's so easy a cave man can do it" I'm still screwed lol.

I'm with you mate. My GMT II CG is hurting like a @#$%% and I dont know what to do with it. Believe it or not, I'm about to order this sub from PT as well. But now I have to rethink because of the CG.

As always, thanks for the info By-Tor

Allergy, you bastard. ^_^ I have a noob with ETA and box on the way from Germany... I guess that ones gonna be on sale on the forum soon if one of these refurb WM9's are available right now. All this great information is really hurting my wallet!

FYI, WM9 is selling "refurbished" V1/V2 watches for $375. You get a slightly used case (maybe minor swirls) but the V2 dial, hands, bezel insert, and, of course, the super-luminova.

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/products/REFURB-...07-Z-SERIAL.htm

I've got one coming.

After some investigation into WM9 (as I am affiliated with their payment processor), I have plunked down 375 USD for a z serial refurb with the v2 upgrades.

Will update this thread with my thoughts once the watch arrives, although I couldn't do By-Tor's thread any more justice, all the info is there (apart from the fact mine is coming from WM9 and his was "upgraded" by Bk)

Thanks again AD for the info. Since I had an itchy trigger finger on a noob with ETA I wasn't quite prepared to pay 500-650 USD for ANOTHER sub, but 375 USD was just low enough for me to play target practice with my MasterCard again. :p

After some investigation into WM9 (as I am affiliated with their payment processor), I have plunked down 375 USD for a z serial refurb with the v2 upgrades.

Will update this thread with my thoughts once the watch arrives, although I couldn't do By-Tor's thread any more justice, all the info is there (apart from the fact mine is coming from WM9 and his was "upgraded" by Bk)

Thanks again AD for the info. Since I had an itchy trigger finger on a noob with ETA I wasn't quite prepared to pay 500-650 USD for ANOTHER sub, but 375 USD was just low enough for me to play target practice with my MasterCard again. :p

I just placed my order for one as well. I also have a BK WM9 V2 w/BK crown on order. When I saw this deal I couldn't pass it up. This one should hold me over while I wait for my BK WM9 V2 to arrive.

George told me the refurbished 2007 Z serial actually has a 2008 v2 case. So it's good because the CGs don't need trimming. But there's a catch. The cases are factory rejects. George asked me if the forums would buy them. I turned him down. I said why not dump them to Mr. Lin in Bangkok. He said Mr. Lin still got those v1.5 that are not moving well. So he came up with the idea of "refurbished". I know I'm not supposed to say everything. But I have to give you all a "buyers beware". These refurbished 2007 Z's have problems like uneven crown guard; crooked tube; bumps and scratches on rehaut, etc. Everything else, e.g. dial, insert, crown, etc are all good v2 stuff. It's a good deal if you put in some work yourself. Uneven crown guards can be fixed by shaving them till they are even; crooked tube might be fixable by reinstalling the tube and screwing it in tightly; bumps and scratches on the rehaut can be polished away.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

there's a catch. The cases are factory rejects... he came up with the idea of "refurbished". I know I'm not supposed to say everything. But I have to give you all a "buyers beware". These refurbished 2007 Z's have problems like uneven crown guard; crooked tube; bumps and scratches on rehaut, etc. Everything else, e.g. dial, insert, crown, etc are all good v2 stuff. It's a good deal if you put in some work yourself. Uneven crown guards can be fixed by shaving them till they are even; crooked tube might be fixable by reinstalling the tube and screwing it in tightly; bumps and scratches on the rehaut can be polished away.

-bk

:thumbdown: That's not what his website says.

I hope I didn't lead anyone astray here.

If I get a goofy one, maybe BK can fix it for me? :) Since we're practically neighbors.

I'm all thumbs when it comes to fixing these kinds of flaws.

Edited by AllergyDoc

I'm in the same boat as AD. By the way what do you understand as to the timing of shipping on these? I thought they were "in stock" but a recent email from WM9 spoke to putting them together and testing first? Was that just stndard boilerplate language? HT

:thumbdown: That's not what his website says.

I hope I didn't lead anyone astray here.

If I get a goofy one, maybe BK can fix it for me? :) Since we're practically neighbors.

I'm all thumbs when it comes to fixing these kinds of flaws.

@AD: sure thing. that's what I'm here for. As to why wm9 website doesn't say the same thing, remember wm9 website addresses and sells to a different audience.

-bk

I keep forgetting.

Clockpilot: I got the same email and was told my watch would arrive on 2/25. I emailed them and asked if I would get notification when it shipped but haven't heard back. A guy recently said he got his a week earlier than he was told.

Where does WM9 ship from?

I keep forgetting.

Clockpilot: I got the same email and was told my watch would arrive on 2/25. I emailed them and asked if I would get notification when it shipped but haven't heard back. A guy recently said he got his a week earlier than he was told.

Where does WM9 ship from?

I sent an email as well asking about the shipment date and have not received an answer yet. Wish I would have known about the problems with the watch before spending the money but I guess I can send it to BK to have it fixed.

George told me the refurbished 2007 Z serial actually has a 2008 v2 case. So it's good because the CGs don't need trimming. But there's a catch. The cases are factory rejects. George asked me if the forums would buy them. I turned him down. I said why not dump them to Mr. Lin in Bangkok. He said Mr. Lin still got those v1.5 that are not moving well. So he came up with the idea of "refurbished". I know I'm not supposed to say everything. But I have to give you all a "buyers beware". These refurbished 2007 Z's have problems like uneven crown guard; crooked tube; bumps and scratches on rehaut, etc. Everything else, e.g. dial, insert, crown, etc are all good v2 stuff. It's a good deal if you put in some work yourself. Uneven crown guards can be fixed by shaving them till they are even; crooked tube might be fixable by reinstalling the tube and screwing it in tightly; bumps and scratches on the rehaut can be polished away.

-bk

Thanks for the head's up BK. I guess by the money it costs for the watch & then have someone mode it to address the issues, one may as well buy the BK WM9 v2.

-bk

wow! useful info!

... bk: A man of the community.. not a dealer... :) You are definitely on our side my friend! :group:

Guys, I think I'm doing the right thing to let you all know what the Refurbished Z actually is. It's better for you to know what you're getting before going ahead. There's one member who ordered one of these and saw my post and cancelled his order. I wish I have posted about the Refurbished Z earlier because this member has just cost wm9 $30 for the credit card charge cancellation fee. George isn't happy about the fee incurred. But I told him that's better than the member got the watch, saw the flaws and THEN demanded a refund. That would cost even more money to George. So this is a good deal if you're handy. Just don't set the wrong expectation and cost George to lose money pls.

Thanks.

-bk

I just wrote George and begged him not to give me one with a funky tube or jacked up rehaut. I hope its not too late. A few case scratches are not gonna kill me as I'll probably put them on there myself...this watch is going to be used. However, a messed up rehaut is gonna [censored] me off something fierce, I'm not trying to take the watch apart if I can help it. <_<

Thanks bk, I should've went with my original impulse and PMed you instead, but the budget was tight and it sounded like a good deal....