When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Narikaa 42mm PO; black bezel; sexy

hackR

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope anyone can give us a piece of advice on how to do such a thing without *hurting* our dear POs. A video would be worth of our applause.

relox

Relox, well, I have changed many of my springbars on the Seikos and other and most were easy. I had a cheap Chinese made springbar depresser thing but it was useless. One day I observed my old watchmaker and he used a small pocket pen knife blade!!! So that is what I use now! haha!

As for installing the bracelet, I used the same but had to first: fit the bottom springbar into its hole in the lug, carefully at the same time as holding the end link into position square on between the lug because there is no loose tolerance otherwise. Then the top springbar tip is depressed with the small thin blade and carefully not to scratch the lug side.....after 10 mins of trying to hold the end link flush into the space with the left fingers, the small knife blade presses down the springbar tip until it slides under the top lug, simultaneously with the left fingers applying pressure sidewards so that the springbar top will catch into the top lug hole! hahaha!

m_topSAK.jpg

bracelet backview...

headandbracelet.jpg

Orange 42mm version with a grey NATO . This model I ordered originally with the orange leather strap, which was easy to remove...

largerdialview.jpg

it's been a good week...

i received a Longine Olympic series chrono and today a white dial A.Lange&Sohne Lange1...the Longine is fun and Lange1 is amazing...

but alas, it will be a few more days to wait for my Thailand mailed package containing my Orange bezel'd PO and a VC Malte Retrograd...seriously, how nice a package to open with those two watches in there?!....it's tough to wait, but all good things come with time...

nice pix, guys!...love my black bezel PO and can't wait for the orange one!...

R-

@tmeister: Thank you very much for your help. Now I know (I think I know) how to do the dirty job when my watch arrives. If I do it quickly, I can take it for a walk that same day... :D

The NATO strap looks amazing with the orange bezel PO. Good choice! I think I will have to get my orange version too, because most of you have both of them and a great advantage when maching your watch and your clothes. ;-) Now I understand why women have so many ear rings, shoes,... to match each situation and dress... :D

See you,

@tmeister: Thank you very much for your help. Now I know (I think I know) how to do the dirty job when my watch arrives. If I do it quickly, I can take it for a walk that same day... :D

The NATO strap looks amazing with the orange bezel PO. Good choice! I think I will have to get my orange version too, because most of you have both of them and a great advantage when maching your watch and your clothes. ;-) Now I understand why women have so many ear rings, shoes,... to match each situation and dress... :D

See you,

Relox,

Depending if your POs come installed with either Bracelet or other, take care in removing the bracelet. There is a small cutout for depressing the springbar but a small bladed tip will likely not fit into the slot to press the springbar down. Watchmakers usually have the right tool for this - or you can invest in buying a good quality one - so you have the 2 choices, do it yourself or take it in and have it done by a trusted watchmaker. A springbar tool usually has 2 sized ends or even some come with removal ends for other widths. Sometimes I try a pithing pin I kept from high school days Science! hahaha!

have to say mine ranks up there with many of my seikos.....which is saying alot......!!!

I was in two minds about pulling the trigger on this watch, but you have just conviced me. Good work Tmeister...

I think i might try it on a 20mm Maratac Elite strap with either black or white stiching.

It has been over six months since my last purchase so I can't wait to get hands on this.

I was in two minds about pulling the trigger on this watch, but you have just conviced me. Good work Tmeister...

I think i might try it on a 20mm Maratac Elite strap with either black or white stiching.

It has been over six months since my last purchase so I can't wait to get hands on this.

thanks....I haven't tried the Elites but only use the Milspecs. Seen the Elites and they look good.

As for the 42mm POs, please do your reading about them and the 4 generations, so you know what you are getting in advance.

Just happens my friend bought the really good ones in China whilst there on business. Mine has AR, sapphire crystal, and I believe the ETA clone or DG4813 movement I am led to believe. The black version seems to have more AR blue coating than the orange bezel one, which run a bit slower...could use slight adjustment as it runs 60 seconds slower in 9 hours or so...(no real big deal to me).

The bracelet will stay on the black model. I just installed the orange strap which I had originally ordered with the orange version and kinda like it now...no so loud as when I first wore it hahaha! Fresh photos today of it..

wristtopview.jpg

foldingdeployant.jpg

In this photo, the strap is orange but the camera metered the caseback only...

caseback2strap.jpg

claspview.jpg

I don't know what that means :huh:

But it comes with buckle and spring bars, if that relates to your question?

The end of the rep Seamaster rubber usually has a little metal nubbin on the part that meets the watch which does not allow fitting to PO's....as in the pic.

22022009254.jpg

Hi,

where is Narikaa? i emailed him and PMed him on sunday. Still no reply? I guess he's busy. But other people seem to be in contact with him and i have seen him online on this forum yesterday. Is he taking orders at the mo? im in the UK. I wonder if he's in the UK at the mo, does anyonme know? Also does he carry extra stock when in the UK?

Thanks