When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Narikaa 42mm PO; black bezel; sexy

hackR

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone tell me if this model is waterproof. By this I mean can I swim in the sea in this watch?

Thanks in advance

There are some additional measures necessary before you can swim with this watch. I will post some technical pics and 'how-to' to make sure it is waterproof this week-end.

In a nutshell:

Remove case back

Remove the crown/ stem

Uncase the movement

Glue/ putty the HEV hole

Case the movement

Grease the two crown seals

Insert the crown/ stem

Grease the case back seal

Put the case back back on

Use a case back tool to thighten the case back

Result? It tested to the max on my tester (6 ATM ) :thumbsupsmileyanim: . So IMO you can even dive with it!

There are some additional measures necessary before you can swim with this watch. I will post some technical pics and 'how-to' to make sure it is waterproof this week-end.

In a nutshell:

Remove case back

Remove the crown/ stem

Uncase the movement

Glue/ putty the HEV hole

Case the movement

Grease the two crown seals

Insert the crown/ stem

Grease the case back seal

Put the case back back on

Use a case back tool to thighten the case back

Result? It tested to the max on my tester (6 ATM ) :thumbsupsmileyanim: . So IMO you can even dive with it!

Thanks for that reply Rolxman...even I can follow that one. I will let you know the results :)

Got one order for dispatch when Reg is back here in the UK complete with rubber strap to suit

Gonna waterproof this one for swim \ dive on holidays later this year

Ps a note on waterproofing as some one has asked

Just got a UPO from Andrew at trusty and paid extra for the Waterproofing work,

Which wasn

just hopped on the crazytrain myself, ordering the combo of both black bezel and orange bezel + a black rubber strap! so now the waiting begins :D:D picking up my long awaited breit SOH from a local watchsmith tomorrow too .... oh sweet emotions...<3 narikaa

just hopped on the crazytrain myself, ordering the combo of both black bezel and orange bezel + a black rubber strap! so now the waiting begins :D:D picking up my long awaited breit SOH from a local watchsmith tomorrow too .... oh sweet emotions...<3 narikaa

Hey, I see we will be in the same train and travelling in the same (first) class... I have the black bezel one, as I told before, and I am willing to grab my orange one and my black strap.

I think I will leave the SS in the black PO and will use the black rubber strap in the orange bezel one... It makes a nice combo, don

Hey, I see we will be in the same train and travelling in the same (first) class... I have the black bezel one, as I told before, and I am willing to grab my orange one and my black strap.

I think I will leave the SS in the black PO and will use the black rubber strap in the orange bezel one... It makes a nice combo, don

hey relox...long time no see?!...

i see you are following my lead...black/white bezel on ss, and orange bezel on black rubber...a great set...

i traded both my 42mm orange and a UPO orange over the past few months...

butttttt - i ordered another 42mm orange --> which should arrive early next week...shipped on 4/26 to US/NY...

R-

hey relox...long time no see?!...

i see you are following my lead...black/white bezel on ss, and orange bezel on black rubber...a great set...

i traded both my 42mm orange and a UPO orange over the past few months...

butttttt - i ordered another 42mm orange --> which should arrive early next week...shipped on 4/26 to US/NY...

R-

Hey, friend.

It