When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims.

trailboss

The inter-fora Bushfire appeal raffle and auction.

f-wildfires-aus-cp-584.jpg

As anyone who has not been hiding in a cave for the last week knows by now there has been a natural disaster of an almost unimaginable size occurred here in Australia. The bush fires in Victoria have taken the lives of 181 people from newborns to the elderly. Seven thousand have been rendered totally homeless. There are now 1831 homes totally destroyed, countless more families have lost their outbuildings and their livelihoods. Graziers have no stock or feed for winter and many businesses have been razed to the ground taking an as yet untold number of jobs with them.

Here's your chance to help!

With the blessing of the various admin teams I am running a monster raffle to aid the victims of this tragedy. This is running over rwg.cc, replica-watch-guide.net , replica-watch.info. and repgeeks.

All monies raised will go direct to the official Australian Red Cross bushfire victims appeal fund. Thru the generosity of members from all the fora I have some nice little prizes to give away.

A Rolex single red Sub, PVD from Fakemaster

WildfireRaffle1.jpg

Two prizes of one Noobmariner each from Eurotimez, One black and one LV (green bezel)

noobmariner-green-713-1.jpg

This is as good as a noob gets folks. Complete with Eurotimez famous QC.

A Rolex Date Just from your friend and mine WBK Time. Nice watch!

Australia003.jpg

Thanks Wacko! WBKs on a short break ATM and a better pic will be forth comming upon his return.

A Movado Museum handwind from an anonymous donor.

Movado01-1.jpg

This one's growing on me! Then again, I like Rodo Sintras :)

A Neonode N2 cell phone from jmarin.72 Mint condition complete with box and all acc.

More info HERE and HERE These things are Da Bomb folks!

details.jpg

This is a handy pick up for the dedicated poster. A Logitech diNovo Edge re-chargeable wireless keyboard/mouse thanks to Whoosh70.

470.1.0.jpg

Folks, these have a RRP of 139GBP! Thats 197USD! Possibily THE greatest key board money can

buy. Appart from being a great KB it's a work of art!

Two crystal AR jobs in Chieftang's next AR run (two separate prizes of one AR job each, one of which will be a prize for the book buyers draw.)

av-722.jpg

Two hand made wooden pens from the hands of RWIs token female AHW676. One on the book buyers list, the other in the general prize list.

rP1040841.jpg

Sample only, yours may differ.

And another one from Wacko Bird Keeper

Australia011.jpg

A rather tasty Mont Blanc, just for a change.

And even more pens! These two from Graman at RWG1.1. Handmade by his dad. One in Jarrah and one in Olive wood.

DSC04037.jpg

Thanks mate!

Now here's a prize money just can't buy. A set of Opperation Iraqi Freedom patches! You guys are lucky I'm honest :) I'd just about kill for these. Many thanks to SFA437 over at RepGeeks for donateing these.

100_1472.jpg

A set of watchmakers tools from an anonymous donor.

ToolKit.jpg

Two sets of two dress shirts from Kenberg (two separate prizes of two shirts each, one of which will be a prize in the book buyers draw)

These are the Paul Smiths. Note:all four are to suit a 15.5" neck. If they don't fit they'll make great gifts!

ps1001ei7.jpg

The 2 Armani's

ash038zb2.jpg

In addition to the above there are three auctions being run at www.rwg.cc the proceeds of which will go to the Red Cross fund.

Auction one: The last ever FXandy strap. This is the very last strap FXandy will ever make so this is your last chance to own one of the best.

DSC00841.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/support-tragedy-Austr-t92009.html

Auction two: A brand new BCE V2 un-worn, donated by Lanikai

Link and pic to be added on start of auction.

Auction three: A genuine Detroit Lions NFL jersey, the real deal donated by Patinga. "Hello Sports Fans!!! Up for bid is a Detroit Lions Mitchell & Ness autographed Barry Sanders Jersey. This is the top of the line jersey with sewn on numbers and letters. It was signed in person by Barry during his 2004 induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It comes with the Induction program and the bag from the Hall of Fame. This is a tremendous and rare piece I am donating to help our friends in Australia.

THE AUCTION IS HERE

Jersey.jpg

How will it work?

Simple, tickets are five dollars each (the min donation at the Red Cross site) that's five dollars Australian or as of last night 3.29USD, 2.28GBP or 2.54EUR Go here: Australian Red Cross and make your donation via any credit card and you will receive an E-receipt. Email the E-receipt (or a cut and paste thereof) to ozfirefund@yahoo.com This will be filed and the correct number of tickets will be issued. Your numbers will be emailed to you.

Buyers of five or more tickets will go into the book buyers draw.

The Draw.

Due to the multi prize nature of the raffle the usual method of using a state lottery is difficult so the draw will be conducted here in Queensland by an official, probably the local police sergeant. The draw will be videod and the video posted on my photo bucket site for verification by anyone wishing to do so.

The book buyers draw will happen first. One ticket per book from each of the book buyers will be used in this draw and then ALL these tickets (inc the two winners) will be added to the rest of the tickets and the remaining prizes drawn in the order above. There for: if you buy between five and nine tickets you have one chance in the book buyers draw, ten to fourteen, two chances, fifteen to nineteen, three chances etc.

Winners will be announced on all forums involved and notified by email and/or PM. The link to the video of the draw will be posted at this time. Prizes will be posted by the donor of the prize. The winners of the AR jobs are responsible for contacting Chieftang to arrange their work. Contact details will be provided with their notification of winning.

Anyone who promised something I have forgotten about please PM me, the last 24hrs have been flat out. Likewise anyone wanting to add a prize to the raffle or an auction please get in touch. In the interest of full transparency my mobile phone number is available upon request.

So come on folk, let's make a real difference in lives that have been torn apart.

_45457907_damage_ge466.jpg

Many thanks to all who have donated prizes and helped out with organising this.

Regards, Col Miles.

Edited by trailboss

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be giving the shirts as one of each so you can chose to one wear depending on your watch!

Please edit the pic in when you get it Ken. I won't be able to.

Yep, thats a one of a kind FM special there. I love the shine on that PVD. So deep you could allmost dive into it!

Thanks to the pair of you BTW. :thumbs:

Col.

Edited by trailboss

A little background, for those members, who are wondering what this is all about.

Trailboss, (Col) has been a member of all these forums for a few years now.

As it happens he lives just "up the road" from me (about 200kms), and we had an opportunity to get together recently.

That meeting was an absolute pleasure; a nicer bloke you would ever hope to meet.

Whilst chatting about all matters horological, he mentioned he also captained his local CFA. ( Country Fire Authority) brigade.

When the devastating blazes recently broke out in Victoria, it appeared his group may have been needed to back up the local brigades, who were so desperately tired, in Victoria.

Thankfully, the slack has been taken up by firefighters from closer neighboring states, so Cols' group, whilst still on alert, appear to be remaining here in Queensland.

Earlier this week, he commenced discussions with ourselves, his "home" forum RWG.net, and RWI, with regards to raising some "horological" funds, to aid the victims in Victoria.

And so this plan was hatched.

He has worked tirelessly to put this all together, (including a CFA call out at 3.30 am last night), and you now see the offerings of this labor of love.

We all, (Col included) were concerned, with how to deal with the transfer of funds. Transfers through bank accounts, accessability to Credit Card facilities, whether we should enlist Pay Pal, to offer transparent accounting and the like. He finally came up with this ingenious plan, to have the funds paid directly to the authorised Red Cross Bush Fire Relief fund, and to use the e- receipts, as the tickets to the raffle. Foolproof, we trust!

On behalf of the Admin team, here at RWG, I ask all of our members and supporters, to give a long hard thought, to contributing, just a little something, to this most worthwhile cause.

Who knows, you may also be lucky enough to win one of the great prizes, we have here.

Our thanks also to the prize donators, we know we have a pretty special group around us, and this effort only reinforces this.

Thanks again for the effort Col.... and come on one and all, dig deep, and let's show what a dedicated bunch of watch lovers can do.

Please, anyone with any queries whatsoever, just contact any one of your admin team.

Offshore

I would like to personally thank all the prize donors as well,the admin team and all the RWG family for this great

opportunity they give us to contribute with everything we can.

Especially for us,the EU located members who are way far from this country and any possible way of helping,ithis is a great way to help this beautiful land and all the people who have been affected by this tragedy get back on their feet again.

THANK YOU GUYS

John

Just to set the record straight, I'm actualy third officer and a crew leader (in charge of a fire unit), equipment officer and one of the training team. I also captain the brigade team that competes in the firefighter games and lead the "away team" that provides the bodies for interstate and long didtance task forces.

Up here in sunny Queensland we are the Rural Fires division of the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS) and have slightly different responsibilities to those in the CFA in Victoria and South Australia.

Not so many of our folk are trained as structural firefighters as this is undertaken by the Auxillery (part time and paid as opposed to the volenteers of the RFB) arm of the QFRS (another involvement of mine).

I cannot express how great a feeling it was when allmost all asked responded right away with "what do you need?" when asked to contribute to this undertaking. Just knowing that folk all over the world truly care about what happens "Down Under" makes the pain of the last few days that little bit more bareable.

Give what you can, no more. I am painfully aware of how tight things are for people ATM. Thanks everyone.

Col.

Edited by trailboss

I just want to say how touching it is to read all the effort that has gone into helping our fellow man. As I said in the other thread I have already given a sizeable amount to the cause in addition to my annual disaster allotment worldwide, so I won't be going the RWG route myself. But I write here to help in urging anyone reading this to please help them out. A lot of people don't give because they are afraid the amount will be and insult or something for being too small. I know, I used to be one of them. No amount is too small - even five or ten dollars can a feed an entire homeless family for a day, so noone here should feel that even the smallest donation is not extremely worthwhile. So please give as much as you possibly can - and it will also give you great personal reward in the end which is immeasurable as well.

NOTE: when mailing your e-recipt please include your forum name and the forum you are from so I know who is who. This is rwg.cc There are two RWGs remember!

Also, it's a good idea to post here to tell me you have donated. That way I'll remember to chk the mail box! :)

Thanks , Col.

Edited by trailboss

I just recived an email from Chris at Eurotimez with even more reason to enter! I'll let him tell it.

Hi Col,

Sounds like a great project

Sure I can donate 2 noobmariner watches with asian DG 2813, one Black and one green.

Which I already have in stock in UK.

I'm sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the forum for months, simply because I working day/night on this new-webstore which I hope to launch soon.

Just let me know where the two addresses and I'll have it arranged for you.

So there you go! I'll get this added to the main post ASAP along with pics.

A huge thankyou to Chris for a most generous adition to the prize pool!!!!!

Stay tuned for some exicting news from Chris very soon!

Col.

Whilst it hasn't officially been announced, Col and I have been talking about the finish date for this raffle.

May I suggest we set it at 2400 hrs AEDT, next Sunday 22nd February 2009.

I'm sure Col will chime in here, and advise, if he has other plans!

Offshore

Sounds good to me OS. Iwe ain't struck oil by then it's time to stop boreing :)

Col.

Hi Col.

Just following your advice about posting here.

I donated yesterday (Sunday) and sent you a Red Cross Receipt (pdf) and an email message thanking you and everyone else who has put so much work into this raffle. I included my RWG name but need to add here that I'm a member of RWG.cc.

As my RWG name suggests I'm a motorcycle rider and my Ducati Club here in Melbourne is also organising a similar type of raffle.

It's very encouraging to see the way ordinary citizens - without government help (or interference) are able to organise themselves and make really effective contributions to sections of the community in dire need.

I live about 30 minutes south of the fires. It's now 7.45 on Monday morning and for the eighth day in a row the sky outside is blood red. I know several people from Kinglake who have lost homes, jobs and family. I teach here in Melbourne and in just one of my senior classes, one student has lost three adult friends of the family and three children under ten.

So once again, thank you Col and Offshore, and all members who have donated so generously of their time and resources. It is very much appreciated.

Ducatista.

Melbourne, Victoria.

NOTE: when mailing your e-recipt please include your forum name and the forum you are from so I know who is who. This is rwg.cc There are two RWGs remember!

Also, it's a good idea to post here to tell me you have donated. That way I'll remember to chk the mail box! :)

Thanks , Col.