When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brussels annual Get Together, the 2009 V1.0.

Stephane

Brussels annual GTG, 2009 V1.0

Hello all,

Andy, our master of ceremony and my self would like to set up the 2009 Brussels GTG.

This thread is only for gauging interest and to propose a first date option: may 22/23.

What we want to organise?

An afternoon and evening at my place on the Saturday 23rd.

The place isn't a castle but large enough to host 20 persons as we did in 2008.

And, which is nice, it would be way cheaper than going else where.

It would be a walking dinner/wines/alcohol in the evening and snacks/beers/soft drinks in the afternoon.

At that period of the year we might even enjoy the garden

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great start...the heart of the group is going to join I'm sure...

For members who feel shy, no need to worry, we do want to know you and if we never met before, please join...now!

IMPORTANT

Just in case: you know how difficult it is to set a date that suits everyone, right?

But, if you really want to attend and are 100% NOT FREE on those 22/23 of may, feel free to post you favourire dates.

I would recommend after though as Belgium's weather can be pretty awfull before :(

Would love to make the meet, but unfortunately the date lands in the middle of my exams. I think they finish in June.

This would mean a delay of about 6 weeks which in my opinion is a bit much to ask. If there is enough interest maybe we could do another meeting later in the summer (anytime between end of June and beginning of September?)

For all UK based members thinking of going to this brilliant GTG. I have checked Eurostar timetable and prices and travelling out on the Saturday morning from London in the morning (it takes less than 2 hours to get to Brussells) and returning on Sunday afternoon costs

Seems like the Brussels GTG is the largest and most glamorous, man this is like the "Pro Bowl" of Rep gatherings ..

can't wait to see your pics of everyones timepieces again B)

As Rob said...you must come Lani.

Take a TGV from where you are :rofl:

Oh my god, I wish we had space shuttles :drinks:

Count me in Stephane. The last GTG in Brussells was awesome and I can't wait. I am thinking of using the Eurostar so any other UK based members who want to share a ride then PM me and we can start the party on the train!!

Rob

Nice man, I'm already lookin forward to talkin with you about your job :) :)

Edit: Yes, please everyone state if you bring your wifes/girlfriends (Andy I suppose you are bringing your wife again?), then I will also arrange some female company with me, and I don't have to fear that everyone is hitting on my girl, like last time haha :p

Edited by slay

Mensch... One of the best stay ever in Europe for me. This GTG gave a very very very very very very good impression on me and at the same time the chemistry is definitely there. Made new friends and seriously had a lot of fun. Things happen when serious watch collectors (or just someone else interested to learn) gather. Stephane is/will be a good host for all of you.

When timing is right, I may consider flying to Europe again. I assume this GTG is going to be in near future so due to my school commitment I will not be able to attend.

For Germany based members, you can consider what I did last time. Do yourself car pooling and room sharing (if not comfortable, just take the whole room).

I will miss you guys and girls :(

PS PS: Will do a webcam if you Skype me on the day. I will try to arrange similar one in Singapore. We can do webcast/conference. I may get a pass for 1-2 hours webcast (gotta start the server running).

Hi guys, it seems to be a 80% IN for my wife and i. Just to be sure that professionnals travels are not at this time, but sounds good B);)

C'est le week-end de l'ascension ;)

I'm 99% in for ONLY saturday( MY FIRST GTC )

Can i bring my gf with me( if she isnt the only girl )

But i only need a place for the dogs to stays

Sure of course why not...!!!

Mensch... One of the best stay ever in Europe for me. This GTG gave a very very very very very very good impression on me and at the same time the chemistry is definitely there. Made new friends and seriously had a lot of fun. Things happen when serious watch collectors (or just someone else interested to learn) gather. Stephane is/will be a good host for all of you.

When timing is right, I may consider flying to Europe again. I assume this GTG is going to be in near future so due to my school commitment I will not be able to attend.

For Germany based members, you can consider what I did last time. Do yourself car pooling and room sharing (if not comfortable, just take the whole room).

I will miss you guys and girls :(

PS PS: Will do a webcam if you Skype me on the day. I will try to arrange similar one in Singapore. We can do webcast/conference. I may get a pass for 1-2 hours webcast (gotta start the server running).

Hey Taka...that would be great!

Hey Stephane, will there be any contracts to sign? ;)

Lots of :D