When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sometimes I'm just disgusted...

By-Tor

Pay attention to these details:

- Pretty much perfect crystal / rehaut appearace: Only WM9 can match this.

- Even the '5 seconds ticks are thicker (as per gen)

- Crown guards are 95% accurate without any mods. Well I could have taken a bit off of the insides but I didn't bother.

- Thin long GMT hand with correct shape.

- Very good dial

- Small date mag (like on gen GMT & ExpII).

- Almost perfect bezel & bezel numbers

The etched crystal crown is oversized and I'm not fully satisfied with the SELs but I guess they're ok.

Yeah, white dial is impossible (unless you have the old case). This has been beaten to death... unfortunately the white rep dials are all bad. That's why I'm kinda "promoting" the black version to people who like ExpII... this is almost equally nice (just imho). :)

Eurotimez and bklm1234 can source this exact model.

I am kind of hesitant about this watch after hearing the horror stories of it stopping so frequently and stuff... does this version not have these flaws? I just hate the thought of spending 200+ on a watch that is probably going to stop in 6 months :-(((

I am kind of hesitant about this watch after hearing the horror stories of it stopping so frequently and stuff... does this version not have these flaws? I just hate the thought of spending 200+ on a watch that is probably going to stop in 6 months :-(((

Who told you "horror stories" about the ETA WHS?

Tell him to p*ss off and continue with his homework. Based on my experiences ETA WHS very reliable movement. The only potential problems are badly installed hands. Some people have experienced "lagging" GMT hand, but "stopping frequently" isn't synonymous with this movement.

Don't mix up the CHS (bad reliability) with reliable WHS which uses only one 2x larger extra gear for the 24h hand. I've owned 10-15 of these in the past 4 years and never, ever had one single problem.

Apparently this myth dies hard.

PS: My white Explorer franken has CHS. Perhaps you thought this one had too? I will never again buy a CHS movement (unless it's the real Rolex 3185)... the hand stack doesn't bother me one bit.

I don't have account at Eurotimez' site. Please save the pics and share them through a photohost site.

I dunno if this can be said publicly, but I talked to Chris about 6 months ago and he wanted to make a white Noob Explorer II with correct hour markers. There were some difficulties. Haven't talked to him in ages so I have no idea whether he abandoned the project or not.

This black ExpII came from him so I know he can source the best ones.

Ah... those are the same old factory photos that Angus used. Markers look good in the pictures because it's possible to take a photo from a favorable angle and make them appear black. If Chris' source hasn't made any changes I believe the same old problem still exists. Why don't you ask him?

Boy, if Chris could come up with the white dial Exp II with the black surrounds it would be out of sight- he could sell a gazillion of them.

I agree. And besides, that'd be exactly the kind of dealer activity that we would love to see on RWG.

It's a shame that he doesn't frequent the forums anymore. We all loved his enthusiasm.

...when I think about how little attention this extremely nice and accurate rep gets. :tu:

Dear By-Tor

I hear you ,,,,,,, it is a magnificent Rep indeed ,

But it seems that is a human nature to desire what we do not have or available to us ;)

By all means the white dial EXII is classy but the black dialed one is more versatile.

I was having a discussion with one of the most elegantly and sophisticatedly dressed men I know , and he chose the Black EXPII over the White dial !!!! his reasons :

The black will look good on you