When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2nd Gen FGD Pre-A 002 Dial

fishgodeep

Evening All.

I received the first lumed prototype 2nd Gen dial this week and I'm fairly pleased with the results despite the delay.

I think this is a case of the best things coming to those that wait!!

I have to give credit to the maker as despite this taking much more "trial and error" than originally expected, the have not submitted a test dial to me until they have achieved these good results. At least they are not fobbing me off with shoddy work which gives great confidence.

These have been fine mesh screen printed 6 TIMES with pure Super Luminova C3 (from the Japanese maker not Tritec) so the lume is pretty amazing and whilst not correct for a Pre-A watch , it is very pleasing to look at as a BNIB Pre-A look!

The next stage is to try and achieve an accurate ivory aged tritium patina to the lume colour and then print another prototype

This time all the dials will be matt varnished with a super fine mist to reduce the metallic sheen of the dial base.

I am also planning to have these professionally mounted onto a 0.4mm base ETA dial with feet - sourced from ETA.

I'd welcome your comments and any indication of lume colour preferences as I may get some more done in this C3 as well as aged patina.

Cheers

FGD

P1020966.jpg

P1020967.jpg

P1020969.jpg

P1020970.jpg

P1020973.jpg

P1020974.jpg

P1020975.jpg

P1020976.jpg

P1020978.jpg

P1020979.jpg

P1020981.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that aged Tritium looks would be awesome and the dial feet would help a lot!! Looking forward to seeing what comes out. I've got one of your V1 dials with The Zigmeister now doing his handy work with the lume, but it would be nice to see out of the box lume and dial feet. Thanks for all your hard work FGD.

I'm a complete n00b but is there lume missing in the corners of a bunch of the ticks? the 1 in "12", the 1, the 2, the 5, 7 and 11?

Is it supposed to be this way, or is it a "first coat" sorta thing that will be addressed?

Your work looks fantastic and I am in no way trying to slight it, just trying to educate myself.

Mark

Simply beautiful!!!! I am stunned and very proud to own one of your beautiful vintageized dials in my 202a I recently purchased from Leg of Speed

111-177 next please!!!!!!! I'd love to see our bro outhero Little Hero