When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me narrow down my next purchase

grilly

Alright guys. I've spent hours upon hours reading this board. I've checked out all the photos, read all the supporter reviews, viewed all the weekend wrist check posts, and now I'm ready to buy a real super rep.

I'm looking for a watch that is classy enough to rock with a suit, but also sporty enough to wear with some short or jeans and a polo shirt. I'm looking for watch that has a nice bracelet, but buying a separate black croc or leather strap to wear with a suit or sportcoat if I want to go there. I like the diver look and am not really into Rollies or Pams.

My problem is that I've bought a couple of regular POs from members here. I like both of them alot, but there not "UPO"s. I feel like I'm missing something. I also really like the SFSO and am thinking very seriously about ordering a ETA one from Andrew, but I've never been a big Brietling guy until I joined her and saw some the great things some of you guys have done with them. I also am really loving the IWC aquatimer from Andrew.

I need help. I feel like I've view so much information from here and I have so many different directions I can go that it's holding me back. I thought I would throw this out there as I know that you guys won't lead me wrong.

Please forgive me if I sound like a complete noob here, I'm still learning the ropes around here. ;)

This kind of question is pretty difficult to answer as well all have our personal tastes. It's like asking "what kind of girlfriend should I choose... blonde, brunette, fat, skinny, fit, etc."

Whatever works for someone, might not work for someone else.

I have written articles of over 40 reps... most of them are high quality "super reps". Check my section (link in my signature), maybe you could get some ideas.

Good luck!

Here's what you do.

Look around.

Read some great reviews ;)

Buy yourself a watch.

Decide you want something else, buy that.

Decide you want something else, buy that....

etc...

etc...

Eventually you'll have all the bases covered!

Alright guys. I've spent hours upon hours reading this board. I've checked out all the photos, read all the supporter reviews, viewed all the weekend wrist check posts, and now I'm ready to buy a real super rep.

I'm looking for a watch that is classy enough to rock with a suit, but also sporty enough to wear with some short or jeans and a polo shirt. I'm looking for watch that has a nice bracelet, but buying a separate black croc or leather strap to wear with a suit or sportcoat if I want to go there. I like the diver look and am not really into Rollies or Pams.

My problem is that I've bought a couple of regular POs from members here. I like both of them alot, but there not "UPO"s. I feel like I'm missing something. I also really like the SFSO and am thinking very seriously about ordering a ETA one from Andrew, but I've never been a big Brietling guy until I joined her and saw some the great things some of you guys have done with them. I also am really loving the IWC aquatimer from Andrew.

I need help. I feel like I've view so much information from here and I have so many different directions I can go that it's holding me back. I thought I would throw this out there as I know that you guys won't lead me wrong.

Please forgive me if I sound like a complete noob here, I'm still learning the ropes around here. ;)

Omega Planet Ocean. Or some would probably argue that you could get a breitling or an AP offshore. It's all a matter of personal preference. I like the omega PO with orange bezel myself.

Omega Planet Ocean. Or some would probably argue that you could get a breitling or an AP offshore. It's all a matter of personal preference. I like the omega PO with orange bezel myself.

I've been really close to going UPO black dial orange numerals. I have the 42mm black PO that is my beater as we speak. I know these watches are pretty cheap reps and the 21j is mostly junk, but honestly, I'm not sure how much more pleased I could be with a UPO. Other than crappy lume and the slightly misaligned bezel, I love this watch. I guess I'm easier to satisfy than most other members here. I do know that I want a ETA movement this time around.

I've really been feeling the SFSO with the blue face. Since I've joined here it seems I've been noticing Brietlings everywhere. I also like the black croc look on the Brietling better than the rubber look on the UPO. I haven't seen a lot of UPOs with leather straps.

I appreciate the comments and after reading the post again, I do sound a little vague, but I guess I'm down to really the UPO orange numerals or a SFSO with the blue face. I read the comparison of the UPO to the SFSO and I'm just torn on which way to go first.

I appreciate the comments and after reading the post again, I do sound a little vague, but I guess I'm down to really the UPO orange numerals or a SFSO with the blue face. I read the comparison of the UPO to the SFSO and I'm just torn on which way to go first.

I suggest you go with the SFSO. It's 2 millimeters smaller and (imho) way more impressive watch/rep.

UPO lacks the 2x AR coating. And it doesn't look that balanced on the wrist. Rubber strap helps though... with bracelet it's a "hockey puck". It has nothing to do with wrist size, either... it just doen't look right (imho). I don't mean "right" that way... it's very accurate replica. When I wrote that review I was still in a "honeymoon" with UPO, but I sold it after I realized how much more I liked the 42mm version.

On the other hand Breitling Steelfish is simply amazing. Despite being huge it's still "compact" (if you catch my drift).

I have the UPO with orange numerals and orange bezel and love it. I also think that the SFSO is a very cool watch and will probably be my next purchase. It sounds to me like the SFSO will work best for your needs, suit on Friday, BBQ on Sat. Good Luck and whatever you decide let us know with some pics!

My first modern rep was the UPO. I loved the size. Then I bought a SMP 2255.80. Now I appreciate watches that are a little smaller in size - 40-42mm. I don't seem to bang them off everything in sight even though it is only a few mm size difference.

what about AP ROO? black dial SS with black leather. Pretty sporty and classy at the same time.

AP ROO is nice, but not my type of wrist gear. I'm not really feeling that look with the screws or lugs around the dial.

Hi there,

Choose one.

1. PAM 111

DSC00401.jpg

2. UPO

P2220073.jpg

3. Breitling Skyland

DSC00377.jpg

You can't go wrong with anyone of these watches as your first major rep.

Cheers

Siesta181

I like the Skyland, in fact it's right up there with the SFSO for me, but I just am a little terrified of the size. I don't have small wrists, but not really bit either.

I guess this means you prefer the Skyland to the SFSO?

By the way, just got a quote on SFSO and an extra leather strap from a dealer. $441 shipped to Texas. Yikes!

That's damn near two UPOs.

Can you pick it up with the clone ETA movement for less? The Heritage is around 275 shipped (if I recall)

Here's what you do.

Look around.

Read some great reviews ;)

Buy yourself a watch.

Decide you want something else, buy that.

Decide you want something else, buy that....

etc...

etc...

Eventually you'll have all the bases covered!

Yep....this is what I was afraid of.

I've been really close to going UPO black dial orange numerals. I have the 42mm black PO that is my beater as we speak. I know these watches are pretty cheap reps and the 21j is mostly junk, but honestly, I'm not sure how much more pleased I could be with a UPO. Other than crappy lume and the slightly misaligned bezel, I love this watch. I guess I'm easier to satisfy than most other members here. I do know that I want a ETA movement this time around.

I've really been feeling the SFSO with the blue face. Since I've joined here it seems I've been noticing Brietlings everywhere. I also like the black croc look on the Brietling better than the rubber look on the UPO. I haven't seen a lot of UPOs with leather straps.

My 42mm is Swiss, but I agree the lume isn't that good. Not only does it not glow very well but it also tends to fall off on the 42mm model. If you already have a PO might want to get something different. Some prefer the black bezel one over the orange. I think the orange is pretty and the black is just kinda utility but that is just my opinion.

Well that's perfectly ok that it is vague. When I made my first rep purchase, it took me several months to figure out what I want because even if you are buying a real rolex it is the same thing, there are tons and tons of choices. Rolex will build you whatever watch you want, and likewise replica manufacturers offer hundreds if not thousands of different clones.

Right now I'm not even sure what my next purchase would be. I think I really just need to get my PO re-lumed before I buy another watch. I was going to buy 3 rolexes, one was a fantasy watch, one was a blue dial TOG and I forgot what the other one was. Somehow I kind of admire omega replicas a bit more especially since the swiss movement in the replica is made by the same company that owns omega. It's just too bad that you don't get a power reserve as an option on a replica, would be nice to have 48 hour power reserve on a rep omega.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I finally decided on a V3 Skyland from a fellow member. I'll be sure to update with some pics when it arrives.

Now I've moved on to finding the right straps for it. Man this hobby, or addiction depending on how you look at it, is becoming quite expensive.

The Skyland is an amazing rep. If you're worried about the size...go work out and bulk up. :)

Really...wear it on rubber, or leather (non-deployment) and it's presence is much more subdued. It is an amazing watch. I was a little hesitant getting it...but man...blown away when it arrived...even with the faulty lume dots on mine. It gets a lot of wrist time. It's thick though...and hard to get under shirt cuffs sometime...but that just means it's "out there" for all to see.

It probably gets the most compliments out of my collection.