When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ExactWatches Full Gold Submariner Review!

Clerek

Well this is my first review, but I really wanted to do this because I am stuck. I really want to believe this is a good Replica but I can't help but think it is kinda junky. For the past year and a half, I have been ordering everything from King, but recently became curious about the quality of the SCAMMER websites (exactreplica, hotreplica, etc.).

I ended up getting one from Jeff at ExactWatches.com. I didn't have the highest hopes for these, but $75 for a full 18k submariner I couldn't pass it up. It was shipped via EMS and it took an average amount of time to get to me.

When I opened it up I was kind of surprised how good it looked. The gold was real and didn't look like copper, which I was half expecting it to look. The Rep had all the correct markings on it although the etching at the six o'clock wasn't as visible as in the pictures, but nevertheless it WAS there. The sticker on the back felt like a lick and stick sticker, but added the authentic look. The bezel wasn't dead on but that has never been something I have been to worried about, especially it being a Rep. The pearl was decent looking to the casual looker, but if anyone who knows anything about Rolex was to look closer at it, it would be a dead give away. The blue of the bezel was a really nice bright blue, while the face is a darker and deeper blue that overall gives it a really nice authentic look. The Lume is terrible! I tested it in my bathroom (which doesn't have any windows), and it was barely visible. Kinda disappointing, but a good excuse to do some modding! The bracelet is kinda cheap-o, and i am a little stumped on that. It really isn't comfortable at all! The edges are too sharp and if wearing all day, it can really cut into your wrist. I really want to round off the corners to make it a little more comfortable, but am worried that it is just gold plating, and it will expose a not so pretty color. It is also really firm and doesn't like to take shape. I haven't taken it in to get water tested but will be doing that soon, as well as opening the case and taking more pictures as soon as I can pick up a decent tool kit...

Okay so now I need suggestions!

Do you think I could round the edges off without exposing anything? What about the bracelet? Any suggestions on loosening it up? What are you general thoughts on the Replica? Any experience with ExactWatches.com? Tips? Any idea where to get a decent set of watch tools for under $50?

Thanks so much and look forward to ANY criticism, and suggestions!

Your new and obsessed friend,

-Ricardo

DSCF0916.jpg

DSCF0917.jpg

DSCF0918.jpg

DSCF0919.jpg

DSCF0920.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

DSCF0924.jpg

DSCF0928.jpg

DSCF0929.jpg

DSCF0931.jpg

DSCF0933.jpg

DSCF0934.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

Sorry to offend, but why do I have a feeling this guy is the mastermind behind exactwatches, just create a new account just to scam someone?

The last thing I remember, when I was new to reps, I nearly fell into exactwatches scam... and one watch is way higher than $75

Edited by repfreak

I'm not really promoting exactwatches.com at all. I am trying to decide if this is junk. In fact as i said in my post, I love King, and have been one of her customers for a while now, so if i am anyone at all I am king, with suddenly awesome english! No I am just a guy that was doubtful of exactwatches. I even tried canceling my order but oddly enough i couldn't do that. There is a huge difference between exact and king or silix (whom i have used in the past as well). I didn't even get into the customer support in my post. Customer support was non existent. I tried calling the number on their website to try to cancel my order but no matter what time i called I never got an answer. So finally i replied to the confirmation email telling them i wanted to cancel, and that i put a disputed charge on my card. Here is the whole correspondence.

> On Feb 26, 2009, at 1:23 AM, Customer support Exquisite Store

> <exq1support@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Ricardo D Flores

>

> Thank you for your purchase of Code: RX333 - Desc: Rolex Sports Models

> - Submariner Full 18k Gold - Full 18K Gold Blue Dial Blue Bezel Men -

> Qty: 1

> Code: XBV003 - Desc: Bvlgari - Assioma Chronograph - Bvlgari Assioma

> Chronograph With White Dial Men - Qty: 1

> ...

>

> We have successfully processed your order.

>

> We hope you enjoy the items that you have purchased.

>

> We deeply appreciate your business and hope to hear from you soon.

>

> Your order ID is: EX31371

>

> Total Charges: 179.25

>

> Statement on your credit card would appear as GREATESTREPLICA

>

> If you have any questions regarding your order, please do not hesitate

> to reply me with questions, such that we may be able to resolve any

> issues as swiftly as possible.

>

> Your item(s) will be shipped and you should expect them within 8 - 10

> business days.

>

> Thank you and best regards!

>

> Customer Support"

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Flores" <rdflores@ymail.com>

> To: "Customer support Exquisite Store" <exq1support@gmail.com>

> Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:01 PM

> Subject: Re: Your EX31371 Order

>

>

> Yeah is there any tracking information I can have?

>

> -Rick

> On Mar 2, 2009, at 3:20 AM, "Customer Support, Exact"

> <exactwatchez@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> Hi,

>

> Thanks for your e-mail.

>

> Your order has been successfully processed and shipped to:

>

> Ricardo D Flores

> United States

>

>

> Please allow approximately 8-12 working days for delivery.

>

> However, as shipment is via registered air mail (to avoid customs), there

> is no tracking number per se, but there is delivery confirmation, so you

> can rest assured that delivery is both safe and secure.

>

> Please do let me know upon receipt, and thanks for your kind patience in

> the meantime,

>

> Best regards,

>

> Jeff

>

> Customer Support

To: "Customer Support, Exact" <exactwatchez@gmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:46 AM

Subject: Re: Your EX31371 Order

> I actually would like to cancel my order. Your reputation is very very

> poor and would like to cancel. I put in a disputed charge on my card and

> would like you to reverse the charges.

>

> Thank you

> -Rick

>

Hi,

Thanks for your email and inquiry. Please call your card company to remove

the dispute IMMEDIATELY.

Your item was tracked to be delivered -

Label/Receipt Number: EE06 1315 065C N

Your item was delivered at 10:46 AM on March 6, 2009 in

SPOKANE, WA 99223. The item was signed for by R FLORES.

Please confirm receipt, and please do not hesitate to email me if you have

any questions.

Best regards,

Jeff

Customer Support

I am not with exactwatches and i am not trying to persuade you to buy from exactwatches, I am just telling you of my experience with them. LET ME BE CLEAR! I will never buy from them again! and I would strongly suggest other people to take my experience with them to heart before they order from him. There are lots of reputable dealers on this website and i KNEW i was dealing with someone not so reputable. I was just curious of the quality and for 75 bucks, hell i thought it was a good deal. Please tell me what you think about the Replica? I am really curious about it and would honestly appreciate some insight into that!

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am not trying to diss what anyone said. I can understand how it feels to try to be scammed. But notice i am not trying to get you to deal with Exact, i am just letting the world know of MY experience. Which i will never again repeat!!!

Looking forward to more criticism,

-Ricardo

Ricardo,

Have you purchased any other full gold rolex models?

I want to buy the full gold GMT II 50th Anniversary but have not been able to find any reviews.

Thanks

NO i haven't but i did just order a seadweller v2 from king that should be hear sometime next week. It is stainless steel here are pics.

1193153945186013808.jpg

I do LOVE the GMT II full gold Reps and do hope to pick one up soon! PM me when you actually do get one, I would love to see it!

-Ricardo

this guy joined this forum two weeks ago,

and his first post was a review?!

does sound fishy!

but who are we to say that? time will tell

Is this all people are going to comment about? I want to know what you think about the watch? I really want to mod the bracelet but am worried the cheap-o gold is only plating and will show through...

Any thoughts about that?

-Ricardo

Hi sorry, I didnt meant to doubt you but it just sounded so strange that your first post is a review on exactwatches. 100% its gold plated for $75... Its highly unlikely, if you think its solid gold for USD$75?

Then again, I am glad at least you can get at least something but from scam website, most of the people there dont even get anything...

Edited by repfreak

Is this all people are going to comment about? I want to know what you think about the watch? I really want to mod the bracelet but am worried the cheap-o gold is only plating and will show through...

Any thoughts about that?

-Ricardo

sorry about that, dont get me wrong but its our job to try to protect the rest of the members here, because like i said, it was ur first post and nobody knows u!

not a warm welcome i know, but ull become overprotective like the rest of us in the near future!!

im not that much of an expert on rolexes, but im sure ull find what u need in no time

cheers!

One swipe with a Cape Cod cloth and the plating is gone and you want to grind the bracelet? :rofl:

Exactwatches sucks ass and you smell fishy! There I said it...

do you think it would be worth it to get another bracelet for it? I guess the face isn't bad, but because it IS cheap ass gold plating, would it not match the face with a new bracelet?

-Ricardo

Exactwatches sucks ass and you smell fishy! There I said it...

:boxing:

give him a break guys!!

Clerek, u made a terrible mistake by writing a review as a first post, not to mention that its about a suspicious dealer

sorry we're just bein territorial here :bb: human nature!

the best thing to do right now is to go to the introduction forum and IDENTIFY YOUR SELF! before seeking further help on whatever it is u want

although i never did that :doh:

do you think it would be worth it to get another bracelet for it? I guess the face isn't bad, but because it IS cheap ass gold plating, would it not match the face with a new bracelet?

-Ricardo

Don't spend anything trying to improve that Sub, trust me, it is not worth it :rolleyes:

Buy a noob Submariner from one of our trusted dealers ^_^

Don't spend anything trying to improve that Sub, trust me, it is not worth it :rolleyes:

Buy a noob Submariner from one of our trusted dealers ^_^

Well I usually order from king, and actually have a sea dweller coming, but i have always wanted a submariner. I didn't get lucky this round and think i am going to try to sell it to my brother, who really doesn't know any better and likes it because it is gold and says rolex, for cheap. Too bad i can't get a noobmariner anymore! I so would have loved one of those!

Thanks for the input guys! I guess i have to learn somewhere.

Thanks!

-Ricardo

Actually I think this is the perfect watch to practice your watchmaker skills. Nothing to really screw up here.

And I have to disagree with Mickey here: Any change will improve this ...thingummy. :p

Yours kindly

Valerian

Actually I think this is the perfect watch to practice your watchmaker skills. Nothing to really screw up here.

And I have to disagree with Mickey here: Any change will improve this ...thingummy. :p

Yours kindly

Valerian

Ever heard the old saying, no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd :p:lol:

You went shopping at a dump and you bought rubbish.

If you are going to try modding for the first time then you have the perfect watch for it because if you damage it, it wont matter.

However you may be in for a surprise when you try to fit quality parts to that sub.

Ken

I didn't get lucky this round and think i am going to try to sell it to my brother

If my brother tried to sell a rep like this to me, I would definitely kick his arse. :D

Seriously: Welcome to the forums.

Just forget that piece of junk and get a decent Sub from the forum members/dealers. Hunting the watch is half of the fun.

Good luck!

Too bad i can't get a noobmariner anymore! I so would have loved one of those!

Where do you guys get the idea you can't get a Noob anymore??????

I am realy tireing of hearing this BS. Real noobs are indeed still available. Try Chris at Eurotimez. He stocks the full Noobfactory range. Others can prob list further dealers who stock the real thing. Daytona4me at RWI can source them as well. A lot of dealers stock crap and claim they are Noobs but this doesn't meen thsy can not be sourced if you know whome to ask.

Regards, Col.

PS: Oh, and welcome to RWG!