When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's the Accuracy of your watches (specify movements)

mobile11

Out of curiosity, what is the accuracy of different movements... I know it probably varies from each individual, but is there any statistical data available, or an industry measure (f.e. average and standard deviation)... or if none of that is available, what is the accuracy of your watches:

Here are mine

Rep: Concord C1

Asia Copy Eta Valgranes A07.211 - 28800bph: about 30 seconds too fast/day

Rep: JaegerLeCoultre Rep Tourbillon

Seagull tourbillon hand-winding movement: about 15 seconds too slow/day

Gen: Omega Seamaster

Quartz Movement: about 2 seconds off/day

I am particularly interested in whether gen ETA movements are more accurate then clones. Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Gen: Omega Seamaster

Quartz Movement: about 2 seconds off/day

That...can't be right if it's quartz...

Quartz should be off by like 1 second per month at the max..

FWIW My gen seamaster 1120 movements are -+2 seconds per day, my seamaster with the 2500 movement is off by -+3 seconds per day, my rollies with calibre 3135 movements are off by between -+ 3-5 seconds per day and my vintages are off by as little as -+1 to -+ 50

I've got a DSN 089 Asian 7750GMT that gains about 2 seconds a day.

This is probably going to get me slaughtered lol, but how does one actually check the accuracy of the watch? Is it by checking it against another clock at say 10pm at night and then work out that it is losing/gaining x amount of seconds, or is there equipment to test it?

This is probably going to get me slaughtered lol, but how does one actually check the accuracy of the watch? Is it by checking it against another clock at say 10pm at night and then work out that it is losing/gaining x amount of seconds, or is there equipment to test it?

You can use a vibrograph (expensive option) and test in 5 positions at various temperatures...or what most people do...set it to a computer using an atomic clock site...and then check it the next day after wearing it.

You can use a vibrograph (expensive option) and test in 5 positions at various temperatures...or what most people do...set it to a computer using an atomic clock site...and then check it the next day after wearing it.

thanks for the heads up toad! :good:

Hi

The one I have been wearing last 8 days, ETA 2678 (WM9 ver 2 etc) is stable +4 a day when used for "deskdiving" and ordinary outdoor activities.

I have some ETAs, a couple of Asian 21J, some 6497 (one or maybe two of them Swiss), a couple of A7750 and a couple of Omega Gens. They all - more or less - runs -5/+8 sec when I wear them. Accurate enough for my use.

I do not keep detailed records of Accuracy. As far as I see this I am not able to point out that one particular movement is more accurate than the other. Guess - for my watches at my level of focus of the issue - it is more questions of keeping them clean, oiled and decent adjusted than questions of mechanical accuracy. Probably with exceptions for the Omegas, which I hope (price considered) may be adjusted to more accuracy than the CN and ETA movements.

well i must say that my asain movement watches are more accurate than my ETA watches... go figure.

These are all aproximate. Im not that anal when it comes to accuracy but i do notice that sometimes i compare the time to my blackberry and my watch will be 2 or 3 minutes off after a few weeks. These are the watches i wear the most.

Franken 1680 sub 2846 ETA (serviced) - accurate about +2 sec per day.

Super Avenger Asian7750 - Accurate maybe +2 sec per day with no adjustment at all. very impressed with this watch.

Modded 6.75 serviced A7750 - Seems accurate but dont wear it that much.

Super sea-dweller ETA - gains about 5 min a week

GEN Breitling BCE - needs adjustment AGAIN, gains about 2-3 min a day

modded pam127 Asian 6497 - accurate within a few seconds a day.

modded 16610 with ETA - loses about 10 sec per day

SO basicly i am having better luck lately with asian copy movements... and oh yeah my new DSSD with copy ETA is running about +3 seconds out of the box and feels very good when setting the time and manual winding. Forget buying ETA especially when it comes to non-chronograph watches... go for the Asian copy when you can. They feel very solid and keep excellent time so why spend more?

Those are some awesome replies..thanks so much.

I think it's time to remeasure my Quartz... because the last time I measured it was years ago and looks like I got it wrong.

Only thing I know is, it stays accurate... for very very long times... and in fact the 2 sec. per day is not possible from that point of view....

And to think of all the wasted time to check your time... :p

Check against computer clock at home then at work and also against "atomic" set clocks we have at work.

From reps, the Asian 7750 movements have been the most accurate for me (generally).

A21J's are funny. They can be spot on accurate, running in COSC standards or even +/- 60 secs. I have lots of good experiences of the cheap A21J's and wouldn't mind purchasing more of them. Right now I don't have one though.

For some reason I never got into the whole accuracy thing... it's pretty meaningless if you have 5-10 watches that you rotate every day.

I tend to wear them a couple weeks at a time... so my current C1 - with a Asia Copy Eta Valgranes A07.211 is about -40 seconds a day.

That means in 9 days I am losing 6 minutes which is the difference between making a bus or missing it. I am still more a newbie, but my question is can the accuracy of these watches be adjusted... and if so who would do it? and how is it done - just out of curiosity? I am in the US.

all of pams I own have asian 6497 mvmts and all of them are pretty unaccurate (few mins/day + or -) but I dont care, I set the time on them every morning. On the other hand Omega PO with swiss 2848 runs perfectly, I tend to set its time only after few days off wrist when it stops running :)

Sometimes I wonder why so many of you keeps intel about watches accuracy?

It stats to feel like a men ego competition simillar to "mine is bigger than yours" :D

my br02 asain clone is +3-5 seconds a day

my noobmariner dg2813 is -10 to +5 a day

my exp I swiss eta is +/- 1 second a day

my exp II swiss eta is +/- 5 seconds a day

my UPO Swiss eta is +11 a day

my INGE swiss eta is +15 a day

my citizen eco diver japan quartz is spot on

I use my iphone to check time. just make sure that you dont have it auto update the time fromthe cell towers. here, tmobile towers are not in sync with ATT towers. I set it manually via atomic and check it every week.

my br02 asain clone is +3-5 seconds a day

my noobmariner dg2813 is -10 to +5 a day

my exp I swiss eta is +/- 1 second a day

my exp II swiss eta is +/- 5 seconds a day

my UPO Swiss eta is +11 a day

my INGE swiss eta is +15 a day

my citizen eco diver japan quartz is spot on

I use my iphone to check time. just make sure that you dont have it auto update the time fromthe cell towers. here, tmobile towers are not in sync with ATT towers. I set it manually via atomic and check it every week.

omg!! dude seriously, stop checking your watches accuracy, it may be addictive!! B)