When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A posting for By-Tor and other Rush fans

Fidestro

I don't know what the release schedule is for this movie worldwide, but here in the states a movie will be released next week called "I Love You Man" starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segel. It is a Judd Apatow movie. Judd directed Knocked Up and The 40 Year Old Virgin, etc. Jason Segel is the guy who showed his manhood in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Rudd has been in a ton of movies.

Anyway in this movie they are apparently huge Rush fans and they cover Limelight and their version of it is on the soundtrack. I found it posted online already at a blog and thought that some Rush fans may want to listen. Please realize that this is a comedy movie however. The address to copy and paste and change the hxxp to http is:

hxxp://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/03/exclusive-jason-segel-and-paul-rudd.html

That was actually a OK performance. Thanks... I gotta check out this movie. :)

Check these small kids. They're not bad, either:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

This is the real thing:

">

Man... I didn't realize how many Rush cover bands there are on YouTube... hundreds. These were definitely the prettiest ones I found. :tu: (the dumbass, braindead director keeps turning the camera away of the blonde though).

">

I have that Toronto show on DVD. That was the show they did to promote Canadian tourism in the aftermath of the SARS scare.

Yep. Rush, AC/DC and the Stones.

And poor Justin Timberlake opening. According to reports he was booed and got bottles, eggs (among other things) thrown at him.

He had a lot of guts to show up there though.

acdcrush.jpg

I didn't even know Rush was a part of that (i live in Toronto),everyone went to see AC/DC but the Stones was the headliner,after AC/DC rocked the place and the Stones came out,people were already heading home... :lol:

Ya Timberlake came out with his gay routine and took a beating,this is AC/DC country... B)

Edited by Dave123

I didn't even know Rush was a part of that (i live in Toronto),everyone went to see AC/DC but the Stones was the headliner,after AC/DC rocked the place and the Stones came out,people were already heading home... :lol:

Ahh piss of Dave... we both know you were there to see Justin Timberlake.

Ahh [censored] of Dave... we both know you were there to see Justin Timberlake.

He was in the front row flashing his bling at Justin. That was why Justin got beaned with so much trash, the light from Dave reflected into his eyes and he could not see what was coming for him.

Bigtime Rush fan myself. I played Bass (Rickenbacker 4001) & Keyboards in a Rush Cover Band "Vital Signs" (cough) 20 years ago. I also had some written correspondence with Neil circa Hold Your Fire tour.

I saw the preview for the movie, now I have to see it!

Although old news for X-Box/PS3 gamers. Wii owners with Rock Band 2 can now download the entire "Moving Pictures" album and Working Man. The game comes with The Trees. These are original no-cover versions. So IF you want to play along to your favorite Rush Tunes, check it out. There are two "The Who" songs on there as well (since we seem to have some Who fans here).

-Ronin

I will date myself a bit here, but my first Rush concert was way back on the "All the World's a Stage" tour in 1977. I believe Angel opened up for them.

God I feel old right now ... :D

I first saw them in August of 77. A Farewell to Kings was released the next week, but in Toronto we got to hear all the new tunes a week early. Awesome show!

My first Rush show was 1994 in my NY trip. Saw Pink Floyd back in 1989 too (Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, first tour without Waters). Those are still the 2 best rock shows I've ever seen.

I was there at MSG. They had a double date but I only saw the first show.

gardenm.jpg

I'd love to see Dave Matthews Band (I'm a huge fan). Amazing live band but they're completely unknown in Europe. :bangin:

Hey 2005, you're a Eddie fan... check this out. You'd probably like it... Alex plays very "Eddiesque" guitar solo in this. It's some kind of bootleg recording (Palace of Auburn Hills, Michigan 1994) but pretty good quality (someone apparently had a video camera in the front row). Analog Kid is a genius of a song.

">

Turn the Page is another song that has amazing guitar work and overall playing. A Show of Hands live (Replay DVD) is Rush in their prime, imho. They were still in their early 30's and the band was playing sharp as a razor.

">

I saw RUSH with .38 Special at the Cow Palace in San Francisco on March 14 and 15 1980.

Me and a bunch of buddies rented a U-Haul truck, got a keg and a bunch of bean bag chairs and drove from Sacramento to SF for the weekend shows. We slept in the back of the U-Haul. It was AWESOME!! :drunk::bad:

BTW - What the hell...is Geddy doing his laundry in the Limelight video?!?! :D

Permanent Waves Tour 1980 was the first time I saw the band live.

Also if you have a copy of Neil Peart's "Road Show". The cover photo-- That was taken at Red Rocks Amphitheater. I was there, and am one of the dots about 23 rows back. :D

-Ronin

Also if you have a copy of Neil Peart's "Road Show". The cover photo-- That was taken at Red Rocks Amphitheater. I was there, and am one of the dots about 23 rows back. :D

-Ronin

I don't have the book, but is it this photo?

babymiddlefinger.jpg

That looks like a great place. U2 has a live DVD from the Red Rocks. I wish Rush had recorded the S&A tour DVD there as well. But for some reason all their live videos are from Europe.

Hey RoninQ,

do you have the Replay DVD? A Show Of Hands performance from Birmingham, NEC (1989) is spectacular! The picture quality isn't as good as it could be (the video is from VHS era) but that setlist and performance... well what can I say. From rock musicians only King Crimson in their prime (ok maybe Zappa's band too) have performed at the same level (imho).

They're still an amazing live band... one of the best, but not at the same level as they were back in HYF tour. Just imho.

Marathon is perfection.

">

Prime Mover has to be one of the best prog/synth/power pop-songs ever recorded.

">

@By-Tor - yep I have the Replay DVD re-release. I agree the Show of Hands tour really stands out. The opening bass riff to Prime Mover is a personal favorite. I was however disappointed with the "Rush in Rio" DVD and CD. They were fine, but the audio recording quality does not seem up to par. I still need to pick up the Snakes and Arrows DVD.

@mjmurphy926 - Great place to get married.

-Ronin