When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comex A vintage reproduction

pauluk

here's the lowdown;

MBW 1665 case, crown guards re-worked inside and out, case tube hole drilled and tapped for the genuine case tube, spring bar holes re-drilled to fit genuine, beveled edges and I kept the sides flat as its easy to polish them to a rounded shape, genuine crown, bezel has been polished and a genuine luminova insert fitted, the insert fitted as it should a new improvement as the first mbw I done the insert dropped into place giving you a flat look this one has the correct angle, case back has the comex stlye numbers engraved and I have polished the marking's by hand to give a more spread out appearance, the crystal is a genuine t39 the latest flat type I decided against the clarks as I sat it next to a genuine dome crystal and it is not the same, the dial is a genuine rolex dial that has been reprinted, I am happy with the dial but the coronet is not correct, the hands are genuine tudor 79090 submariner and they are the same as the sea dwellers, the date disc is a Stilty sample so many thanks to him as the bigger numbers and the flat three's finish the watch off great, all the numbers line up perfect so his hard work is paying off, the movement is an eta 2846 21 jewel non hacking and that was the sealed pack model so that keeps perfect time, the bracelet is a genuine rolex 93150 with the correct 585 end pieces, I have worked on the eta date wheel and also the dial seat to make the hands sit at the right height, I am sorry I did not do a blow by blow account of this build I just do not have the time, glad you like it.