When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where did you buy your replica watch?

Monstermash

Hey all,

This is my first post after a friend recommended this site. I have been looking at many of the threads here and have seen many fine examples of replica watches.

My question is where is everyone buying them from? Are you sourcing from online stores? Do you have someone in your local area who sells them? What kind of quality do you get from your source?

The reason for my questions is I live within driving distance of New York city (about 3 hours) and I have someone there who I have been buying replicas from for years and have always had great luck with those I've bought from him. I have tried buying from others but they never seem to be the same quality. I do buy several "extras" from him while I'm there to sell to friends who always seem astonished by the quality. I have even showed some of them to the sales rep at my local Tourneau and he either can't tell the difference or just doesn't mention it to me.

So are there varying degrees of quality that are available from the online stores? Have you been happy with your purchase?

Hi MM and welcome to RWG :)

I think before you start chasing that elusive rep you should pull up and easy chair and start reading through our forum, you will soon begin to realise that you have landed in replica paradise. ;)

Ken

Hi MM and welcome to RWG :)

I think before you start chasing that elusive rep you should pull up and easy chair and start reading through our forum, you will soon begin to realise that you have landed in replica paradise. ;)

Ken

Thanks Ken but I already own about 10. :p

I was just wondering if you all had the same kind fo luck finding good quality reps.

MM

welcome to the forum. since you have 10 reps then it should be safe to theorize that you are knowledegable of this "hobby"

where do i get my reps from or from whom: a couple of sources

1. private member sales on the 3 forums (rwg1.1 no longer has a member sales area but you can post that a interesting thread for a watch sale is over at _____ forum.

2. i prefer dealing and buying from dealers or individuals in CONUS. so my CONUS dealer is WBK on RWI and RG. i have read and deard great things for Supper Mirrors or Sead on RG only bought from him once and that rep is long gone to another "rep collector"

3. if i have to order from China, Far East, and the such i'll use Josh of perfect clones or Tony of watcheden, rolex2you, lawrence of house of souvenirs

4. EU/UK dealers Narikaa and Homer

guess it all depends on your tastes and needs. i just don't like the wait time from China. :)

would like to hear your take of your thread question and see some of the reps you currently have inyour collection

Prince458

Welcome to RWG. Having ten or a hundred and ten reps is one thing. To know and realy appreciate this hobby is something compleatly different. There is many aspects to this genre. The most common question asked here is " where can I buy the best ??? whatever. Thats the easy part. I would take Kens advice and pull up thet easy chair, get comfey. There is much to learn. Good luck :) Mike

would like to hear your take of your thread question and see some of the reps you currently have inyour collection

Prince458

My take on the question is pretty easy. I do not buy a replica I can't see first. and by "see" I'm referring to holding it in my hand and/or trying it on to see how it looks and to see the quality.

I have been buying and selling replicas for about 10 years on and off and one I've come to realize is they are not all the same. I have connection in New York city that I've had very good luck with. It's worth the 3 hour + drive to see him as it allows me to see everything in person before I buy it. I have supplied many of my friends with replica watches and I wouldn't be happy if something I sold them broke in a week. So purchasing from an online source is really not an option.

Furthermore, the online sources I've seen are way over priced.

I don't have a ton of pics of my watches but here are my two newest.

Omega Planet Ocean

Omega001.jpg

Omega003.jpg

Panerai Power reserve

PaneraiPowerreserve.jpg

4. EU/UK dealers Narikaa and Homer

You just forgot to mention Precious Time aka PT who's one of the most trusted and high quality dealers! My purchase from him was a sheer delight in terms of communication and delivery ;) I would definitely recommend him prince458 especially within EU!

My take on the question is pretty easy. I do not buy a replica I can't see first. and by "see" I'm referring to holding it in my hand and/or trying it on to see how it looks and to see the quality.

I have been buying and selling replicas for about 10 years on and off and one I've come to realize is they are not all the same. I have connection in New York city that I've had very good luck with. It's worth the 3 hour + drive to see him as it allows me to see everything in person before I buy it. I have supplied many of my friends with replica watches and I wouldn't be happy if something I sold them broke in a week. So purchasing from an online source is really not an option.

Furthermore, the online sources I've seen are way over priced.

So if i got the point you want to meet the dealer?? I don't know if what you ask is something easy.... :unsure: But bear in mind that with most of our trusted dealers you don't have to see them in person to pick up a GREAT watch...They know their job and what they send over your place is exactly what you have in mind! I think that's the way transactions are made! Correct me if i'm wrong...You don't always have the chance to meet the dealer and in my opinion sometimes you don't need to if you trust him :)

Edited by nasosn

Monstermash...in reguards to online being overpriced, out of curiosity how much did you shell out for the PO chrono you have pictured?

I have always had good luck with our dealers and even better luck buying from members of this and other boards. I realize that buying online you can not hold it in your hands but almost every rep available has been bought and reviewed in one way or another by a member here. While I can not hold the rep in my hands I can view their pics, see what their opinion is as far as build quality is and go from there. If I buy a rep and it stops working in 2 weeks, having held it in my hands prior to buying I would not really have been able to tell that it was going to stop sooner rather than later anyways.

I would love nothing more than to have a dealer within driving distance but I don't see that happening anytime soon. FOr that matter I would just be happy to find a dealer in the CONUS who keeps their stock in the CONUS. It would save me money on shipping and I would be able to get my package in 2 days.

Monstermash...in reguards to online being overpriced, out of curiosity how much did you shell out for the PO chrono you have pictured?

I buy from him wholesale. The price was $85. But keep in mind I usually purchase 10+ everytime I go and see him. I've seen this exact watch being sold on almost every online store for $200+.

My point wasn't that I want to meet the dealer. It was more of I don't feel safe buying from anyone without being able to see the product.

When I first started buying reps I really had no idea what I was looking at or that there was even different qualities. After buying a few that were not very good and a few that were better I started to see the difference.

In Chinatown in NYC the is a replica watch dealer literally every ten feet. They sell them in stores, on the sidewalk, out of briefcases, and some people just walk around with them in their pockets. It's pretty funny to see actually.

Most of the stuff available is complete junk but I have found one guy that sells really nice stuff and I have been buying from him for a few years now. He has the swiss reps as well and although they are a little more expensive they are still much cheaper than any of the ones I've seen available on line. I have a Rolex Sub and a Louis Vuitton in the swiss versions. I've had the Sub for over 4 years and the LV for about 3 years and I couldn't be happier with them. I wore the Sub almost every day up until last summer when I accidentally broke off the marker on the bezel. Duh-OH!

I am currently wearing the Panerai as my everyday watch. The rest of the list is as follows:

Omega Seamaster PO

Rolex Sub SS/Black

Breitling Bentley Chrono

Bell and Ross BR02 carbon Fiber (although I'm selling it because I don't like the way it fits me)

Louis Vuitton Regate

Omega Seamaster James Bond

Cartier Ballon Bleu

IWC Big Pilot

Franck Muller Tourbillon SS white face (just sold it to a friend)

I buy from him wholesale. The price was $85. But keep in mind I usually purchase 10+ everytime I go and see him. I've seen this exact watch being sold on almost every online store for $200+.

My point wasn't that I want to meet the dealer. It was more of I don't feel safe buying from anyone without being able to see the product.

When I first started buying reps I really had no idea what I was looking at or that there was even different qualities. After buying a few that were not very good and a few that were better I started to see the difference.

In Chinatown in NYC the is a replica watch dealer literally every ten feet. They sell them in stores, on the sidewalk, out of briefcases, and some people just walk around with them in their pockets. It's pretty funny to see actually.

Most of the stuff available is complete junk but I have found one guy that sells really nice stuff and I have been buying from him for a few years now. He has the swiss reps as well and although they are a little more expensive they are still much cheaper than any of the ones I've seen available on line. I have a Rolex Sub and a Louis Vuitton in the swiss versions. I've had the Sub for over 4 years and the LV for about 3 years and I couldn't be happier with them. I wore the Sub almost every day up until last summer when I accidentally broke off the marker on the bezel. Duh-OH!

I am currently wearing the Panerai as my everyday watch. The rest of the list is as follows:

Omega Seamaster PO

Rolex Sub SS/Black

Breitling Bentley Chrono

Bell and Ross BR02 carbon Fiber (although I'm selling it because I don't like the way it fits me)

Louis Vuitton Regate

Omega Seamaster James Bond

Cartier Ballon Bleu

IWC Big Pilot

Franck Muller Tourbillon SS white face (just sold it to a friend)

hey monstermash if you don't mind me asking who is your dealer in NYC?

If PO Quartz Jap chrono than 85$ price is ok...

Offtop:

I dunno example for myself I am really dont like watch that are with quartz but originally version that is not quartz useing .. I feel myself sux when I wear knowing it is not what it is needs to be in originally .. So I prefer swiss movements , 7750 asian chrono or other good asian auto movements thought I do not like much 21J..

Offtop:

I dunno example for myself I am really dont like watch that are with quartz but originally version that is not quartz useing .. I feel myself sux when I wear knowing it is not what it is needs to be in originally .. So I prefer swiss movements , 7750 asian chrono or other good asian auto movements thought I do not like much 21J..

Well you may think the price is just ok but it sells online everywhere for $200 +. Also, I have yet to see an asian auto that everything works IE the stopwatch etc. Unless of course it sells for considerably more money.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of quartz either, which is why all my other watches are automatics.

Yeah the quartz version can be found all over iOffer for $85, including shipping.

Monster I think you are comparing your quartz to the mechanical version our dealers are selling which is why you are seeing the big price difference.

Well you may think the price is just ok but it sells online everywhere for $200 +. Also, I have yet to see an asian auto that everything works IE the stopwatch etc. Unless of course it sells for considerably more money.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of quartz either, which is why all my other watches are automatics.

PO Chrono Quartz:

$60.00 - http://www.ioffer.com/i/omega-ocean-plant-...r-band-31233856

$74.00 - http://www.ioffer.com/i/Omega-Planet-Ocean...-Black-80290821

$55.00 - http://www.ioffer.com/i/OMEGA-PLANT-OCEAN-...K-FACE-26038001

It goes on from there.

Also do some reading on this board a bit, you will be surprised the amount of watches that contain the Asian copy of an ETA 7750 in which all stopwatch functions work just like the genuine article, granted the A7750 powered watches will usually run $200+ but you get what you are paying for. You can't compare an $85 quartz to a $200+ A7750 powered watch.

Why iOffer we have dealers on these boards that sell quartz for the same price point.

And MM you can forget about meeting any of the dealers, they are not about to take chances like that.

Ken

Freddy has already posted here.. so you may want to take a look in time.... at his collection of Vintage Rolexes.. a lot of them are frankens and he is "one" of the most versed Rolex members here !! and has the receipts to prove it..

Take your time... there are many reviews and pics and answers to all your Q's... we are also going to be holding a raffle for the new PO chrono with correct sub dial spacing ..

You have entered into a glorious obsession that has no end B) .. and you may in time .. consider upgrading your membership to supporter status.. it will cost you liteally a few dollars a month .. and is a donation to aid in the daily uusage of the forum.. this is not a "for profit" community and as such we need everyones support...

you will find that every member here will give you all they know .. (and believe me, that in and of itself is worth more than the upgrade).. your money will not be wasted with this info... most of us have spent $$$$$$ to gain this knowledge through mistakes that we will not allow you to make.. you will not find more knowledge on ANY forum genuine or rep !!!

so take advantage of all of our info..

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani