When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 29 Luminor GMT - ETA 2893-2

fishgodeep

Here's the missing piece from my collection that has been one of the most challenging to complete.

I went about it the wrong way - sourcing each part individually only for Ziggy to discover (to his frustration) that not everything would fit together properly.

This one took a few goes to get right and I have to thank Ziggy for his patience and commitment to achieve the finished result!!

Specs and Build

ETA 2893-2 sourced by Ziggy

Rep Case set and Spacer - from 2836-2 version

Best dial I could find - sourced from prestige watch co.

Davidsen hands stack

Lello Datewheel

Chieftang cyclops

Kruzer OEM Auto crown

OEM Black gator strap on OEM brushed tang buckle

Work Done

Dial and hands re-lumed in C3 Superluminova

Datewheel installed

OEM Crown installed - tube modified.

Cylclops installed

Watch built and regulated

I finished the CG myself (Lever pin , tighten , polish etc)

It is one of my favourite PAM's and probably my next gen purchase (if ever the cash was spare) - it's either this or a 23 as I really like the cleanliness of the dials coupled with the explorer style bezel. It makes for another classic Panerai model and IMHO a future neo-vintage ...especially 23.

The true functional GMT complicatoon is far more useful than I expected and this has become a popular choice for work.

Thanks to the master Ziggy , all the participants ,without whom some of the mods would not have been possible and a salute to all the GMT Pams out there that inspired me !!

Enjoy

FGD

P1030102.jpg

P1030108.jpg

P1030107.jpg

P1030109.jpg

P1030110.jpg

P1030112.jpg

P1030114.jpg

:clap: Another winner. Love the Lumi dial.

What, in particular, did you like about the prestige watch dial?

Thanks D & all...mainly the crisp bold dial text and satin finish on the tuxedo stripes.....still the hour markers should be closer into the centre of the dial and I haven't seen a version with this corrected ?

FGD

Ive been wondering about what lume would be good to match the look of the original tritium, too. Looks great

If you wanted to capture the look of the A or early B series T-Dial?

Real Tritium or Ziggys Vintage Tritium lume are the options

Well this one was certainly not without it's quirks and issues...

It only proves once again, that what works on one watch, is meaningless towards another when it comes to upgrades or parts swaps...there is no consistency or rules and this watch proved it - 3 times no less.

Too bad I didn't get frequent flyer miles for this one, I could be on a beach down south right about now :)

RG

Thanks D & all...mainly the crisp bold dial text and satin finish on the tuxedo stripes.....still the hour markers should be closer into the centre of the dial and I haven't seen a version with this corrected ?

FGD

Hi Simon, lovely watch - same spec as mine. BTW, the position of the hour markers is 100% correct for the B series 'L' dial watches. The 'T' and 'L' dials were different in that respect, because the T version was laid out within a much tighter circle. I have good pics of a gen 029B if you wish.

Hi Simon, lovely watch - same spec as mine. BTW, the position of the hour markers is 100% correct for the B series 'L' dial watches. The 'T' and 'L' dials were different in that respect, because the T version was laid out within a much tighter circle. I have good pics of a gen 029B if you wish.

Good to hear from you T ...and as always your wisdom on these matters is much appreciated.

In this case I'm chuffed to bits as it's the only thing I figured couldn't be corrected , but now..no need!!!

Cheers

FGD