When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling for a small wrist - suggestion

zzipy

I would recommend sticking to teh watches in the Navitimer/Windrider families. The Navitimer itself is a nice watch, and the Chronomat is too. They are among the less bulky looking Breitlings out there and should look more at home on your wrist.

How about the Breitling Colt?

BCOLT001B.jpg

BCOLT001B - Breitling Colt 39mm White - Jap Working Chron

$128.00

MOVEMENT: Jap Working Chronograph Quartz with Date

CASE DIAMETER: 39mm

THICKNESS: 13mm

DIAL COLOR: White Dial with Stick markers and Blue Subdials

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

FRONT GLASS: Syn. Sapphire Glass

BACK GLASS: Solid SS Case Back with insignia

BEZEL: Uni-directional Bezel (60 clicks)

HACK MOVEMENT:

CLASP TYPE: Deployant Buckle with insignia

DATE INDICATOR: At 4:30

GMT HAND:

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant

Working Chronograph Movement (Jap Quartz)

Information posted for reference only and not a recommendation to purchase this particular watch.

I think it's more important to look for a style and function that fits you personally before considering size. There's only a few mm's different between most of their cases, so looking for a style you like would be a first step. Next, I'd probably consider one that have a dial color that compliments your skin color. This will help the watch blend more with your wrist and the size won't be as much of an issue. Long sleeves will fix this issue all together. :)

DATORA. JUST 42,5MM DIAMETER. And really cool. Also fits perfectly under a sleeve or dressshirt: perfect for work and business suit....

And if other... try a big (fat) aftermarket strap. the thicker the strap, the better it fits on a small wrist as well. Gunny straps also makes a nice Breitling strap. Bought it for my Black Steel.

Cheers.

Not sure how much this will help....

I have a 6 3/4" wrist. The SOSF wears fine, I am wearing a 45.5mm UPO right now just fine. I can't imagine the 1/2" would make that much of a difference. If I were you I would go for the SOSF or if you think that is too big @ 44mm there is always the Chronomat Evo at 42.5mm

One thing that you will have to consider with Breits on small wrists is that the rubber and leather straps will be too big (both gen and rep). I have a 6.75" wrist an grudgingly have to punch an extra hole in every Breit strap I get. With a 6.25" wrist you'll need to punch at least three extra holes (or one hole far away from the others). You might want to stick with a SS bracelet which can be adjusted for a small wrist.

Btw, have you tried the Super Avenger? Kidding, go with a Navitimer, perfect size and weight for you.

One thing that you will have to consider with Breits on small wrists is that the rubber and leather straps will be too big (both gen and rep). I have a 6.75" wrist an grudgingly have to punch an extra hole in every Breit strap I get. With a 6.25" wrist you'll need to punch at least three extra holes (or one hole far away from the others). You might want to stick with a SS bracelet which can be adjusted for a small wrist.

Btw, have you tried the Super Avenger? Kidding, go with a Navitimer, perfect size and weight for you.

Yes indeed. So if you want a leather strap, getting a custom strap from Pete (gunny straps) or Aaron is a good way to go. Then you can tell them exactly which size you need and where to punch the holes.

underneath I got from vintagerstraps for panerai. It can be a guideline to find the right size:

6.0" - 6.5" = 120/75cm

6.6" - 6.9" = 125/75

7.0" - 7.5" = 130/80

7.6" - 7.9" = 135/85

8.0" - 8.5" = 140/90

8.5" - 9.0" = 150/100

Thats strange, my wrist is the same size as yours and I never had to punch any extra holes. On my SOSF with either rep or gen rubber I use the second to last hole and it fits pretty good, I would prefer a little tighter but the very last hole is too tight. Same thing on my rep leather strap for the SOSF, second to last hole fits perfect.

I find the extra hole issue misleading also. I have a wrist size of 6.5" and fully expected to punch extra holes into the Blacksteels rubber strap. Upon receipt of the watch, I was very happy to find it fitted lovely on the last hole.

I have a black faced BCE on a brown leather BOB strap, i find this combination very classy and the colour combo makes it feel smaller. This watch at 42.5mm would be my recommendation. Although beware that diameter isnt everything, most of the Breitlings are rather tall, the BCE is around 16-17mm thick?

Regards.

I have a 6.5'' wrist.

Best Breitling strap is the OR.

No need to cut extra holes. This strap adjusts way down.

I wear it with the Heritage. For a big watch, the lug configuration on the BSOH

makes this 45 mm watch fit like most 42's. Best of the best strap/case combo's.