When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vancouver Edition SMP

importr

What do you peeps think of this?

To celebrate the Vancouver games, Omega will release this special edition SMP. The differences being the white dial and a red bezel. The caseback has the games' logo aswell as the olympic logo.

Is this something that would sell, or is it just another Colamariner style marketing excess?

http://www.fhs.hk/Current/omega_vancouver_en.htm

Omega LOVES limited editions....they sell amazingly well in the Asian markets and they pull out all the stops to push the LE's

"With respect to watches and jewellery, where turnover rose to 4,796 million (+1.8%), operating profit registered a decline of 10% to 828 million. This can be attributed mainly to the substantial and exceptional marketing investments incurred for the Beijing Olympic Games."

From a summary of Swatch's annual report (http://www.fhs.ch/en/news/news.php?id=687)

Im actually building a White Seamaster (same as the bond 2531 - but dial is white). The insert should be silver as the gen, but cant source one. Therefore, Im using a blue insert. Once finished, Ill post some pics.

Vancouver? It should have a pot leaf on there somewhere. LOL. Just kidding. (I'm from Vancouver BTW)

I'm sure someone will buy it, but personally I think it is damn ugly.

either that or a couple of semi automatics or some handguns. lol (yeah, I'm from Vancouver too, and no, I wouldn't get one). I've seen one in person and it does look rather nice, though.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Did you check with OFrei ??? I recall seeing a silver SMP bezel insert on their site awhile back when I was looking for a PO bezel insert.

Im actually building a White Seamaster (same as the bond 2531 - but dial is white). The insert should be silver as the gen, but cant source one. Therefore, Im using a blue insert. Once finished, Ill post some pics.

I look forward to those pics Trip!