When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone see this gem?

Shundi

Shundi, never seen this before, thanks.

It's a great video of a stunning movt. It's a groundbreaking approach to the traditional rotor, it's great to have a see-through case back with a movt without a rotor that interrupt the view. Even they made an original design for the balance adjustment.

Carl F Bucherer has beautiful elegant designs, I really love the Patravi TravelTec GMT, but at a reatil price of US$ 10,900 and only could wait for a good rep sometime in the future. :)

TT_0010620083301_big_02.jpg

Longines 340/350 had an outer ring gear 40+ years ago except it ran on a central bearing. I have owned a few and they were Ok.

Still have one in a mystery dial watch similar to this one:

http://www.bostonprivatejewelers.com/item.asp?itemid=2330

The Longines 340:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi...mp;Longines_340

Imagine how much it will cost to get a CB movement repaired since the parts are exclusive to CB.

I can imagine $2000 rotors...just because they can. :shock:

That is why they make stuff like this.

Cool video, but this movement to me looks like its main function is to give shock absorption to the rotor?

Say a shock happens half way around the rotors turn, so.. the rotor doesnt make a full rotation and may miss out on a single wind, is this a major problem?

I thought it was not shocks to the rotor but shocks and disturbances to mainspring that causes problems and timekeeping inaccuracies. Seems like a bit of a 'lets put a suspension system on it just to say its got one' marketing gimmick to me. But what do I know!

Cool video, but this movement to me looks like its main function is to give shock absorption to the rotor?

Say a shock happens half way around the rotors turn, so.. the rotor doesnt make a full rotation and may miss out on a single wind, is this a major problem?

I thought it was not shocks to the rotor but shocks and disturbances to mainspring that causes problems and timekeeping inaccuracies. Seems like a bit of a 'lets put a suspension system on it just to say its got one' marketing gimmick to me. But what do I know!

Good points. It looks like there's also a system on the balance to make sure that the beat, etc aren't knocked out of line by a shock. As to the rotor- a rotor doesn't need to make a full rotation in order to send power to the mainspring- when the rotor rotates it moves gearing throughout its rotation so even if it moves halfway in one direction and then stops and goes the other way, etc with a bi-directional winding system there's still a net benefit.