When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Rep List

lanikai

with all the hours put into reviews and macro images ... I don't know why I didn't catalogue a list and pics before !

Everyone say's our pics are better to view the rep than the makers pics..

so why not compile a list with images of the best reps from 08 to present ?

with the photo contest coming up and the upgrade/referral lottery winding down.. I could do a little everyday..

it would be something that Noobs could refer to instantly ..I mean reading and researching is all good... but remember when you were new.. sure you read.. and then got more confused ..if you could view a pic and a list of what we thought were the best reps.. I think it would save time and I'm sure the Noob would appreciate it..

Especially in this economy ... one rep may mean a lot to a Noob and may be the only one that is bought for a long time.

Anyway.. some reps that come to mind would be the SOH ... BR02-94 ..... WM9 sub ....etc.

thoughts ??

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea, with all of the killer pics that will be coming from the photo contest we should have plenty of reference materials. I could never figure out why the dealers always seem to have the worst photos. What would be even better than just compiling a list of super reps would be to document all the reps and then have a section where people could rate the rep on different aspects (quality of construction, accuracy to gen, movement, etc) and then leave comments (sort of like feedback on Amazon). Then the community would be in essence be deciding on what reps are super reps.

Great idea, with all of the killer pics that will be coming from the photo contest we should have plenty of reference materials. I could never figure out why the dealers always seem to have the worst photos. What would be even better than just compiling a list of super reps would be to document all the reps and then have a section where people could rate the rep on different aspects (quality of construction, accuracy to gen, movement, etc) and then leave comments (sort of like feedback on Amazon). Then the community would be in essence be deciding on what reps are super reps.

Good input IM !!

with all the images taken over time and hours we spend taking the images.. we whould reaolly compile a more comprehensive "booklet" if you want to call it that of information..

Our Own RWG Rep. Ratings .... it would be a total waste for us not to do this.. and just keep building on it..

OK.. your "IN" .. another committee has been founded !! ;)

keep the comments coming and after the other 100 "things to do list" .. we'll commence with this one too.

we can simplify things so a "star" rating system can be done only on the top reps.. ie. Noob factory AP's sec. @12, Nardins... etc.

the Noob factory is rising above the other makers ...

this should cut down on time spent reading and Noobs buying reps that others normally wouldn't ... elevating RWG to the cutting edge even more.. B)

Aloha

L

with all the hours put into reviews and macro images ... I don't know why I didn't catalogue a list and pics before !

Everyone say's our pics are better to view the rep than the makers pics..

so why not compile a list with images of the best reps from 08 to present ?

with the photo contest coming up and the upgrade/referral lottery winding down.. I could do a little everyday..

it would be something that Noobs could refer to instantly ..I mean reading and researching is all good... but remember when you were new.. sure you read.. and then got more confused ..if you could view a pic and a list of what we thought were the best reps.. I think it would save time and I'm sure the Noob would appreciate it..

Especially in this economy ... one rep may mean a lot to a Noob and may be the only one that is bought for a long time.

Anyway.. some reps that come to mind would be the SOH ... BR02-94 ..... WM9 sub ....etc.

thoughts ??

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Thanks..sounds good!...im a newb so this will be helpful

So a watch version of "Hot or Not" ;)

that's good P .... maybe that'll be our title.. or NOT... :p

eyecon82 Posted Today, 05:26 PM

Thanks..sounds good!...im a newb so this will be helpful

OK.. let me ask you eyecon82 .. B)

how confused were you after reading everything... did you know exactly what you wanted?

Or were you like me... short attention span theater :rolleyes:

and would this make you hang around longer rather than say .. F.I. .. this is too much energy..? (reading for day's).. as we are of the personalities.. of gotta have one now..

that's good P .... maybe that'll be our title.. or NOT... :p

OK.. let me ask you eyecon82 .. B)

how confused were you after reading everything... did you know exactly what you wanted?

Or were you like me... short attention span theater :rolleyes:

and would this make you hang around longer rather than say .. F.I. .. this is too much energy..? (reading for day's).. as we are of the personalities.. of gotta have one now..

what I really get frustrated is everyone showing off their watches, but no one is telling us where they go it from...so I propose that we should include this with each super rep

1. name of super rep

2. picture of it

3. where you can get it from. Including dealer name or website and possible link

4. If there's a review up, a link to that

what do you think?

what I really get frustrated is everyone showing off their watches, but no one is telling us where they go it from...so I propose that we should include this with each super rep

1. name of super rep

2. picture of it

3. where you can get it from. Including dealer name or website and possible link

4. If there's a review up, a link to that

what do you think?

basically: .. all the new releases are available from the "factory" dealers.. meaning they are directly connected to the makers:

Perfect Clones

Trusty time

Precious Time

Kings Watch

there may be other dealers too that can source the new releases.... so you need to inquire with the dealer "you" feel comfortable with..

sticking with the dealer that you are comfortable with will be rewarding not only for the dealer but for you too.. we're not here to favour any one dealer.. so you need to ask "your" dealer of choice.. regardiong the rep.

all the "trusted" dealers here, are here because the forum allows them to do business ... that keeps scammers away and the purchases for you of our valued reps safe..

this site is all about keeping this hobby safe and you protected.. it is an "undergroung" hobby so stay with the delaers here and you will not regret it..

aloha

L

edit add: you will see post of upcoming releases.. or the factory delaers have "upcoming" releases on their sites... put their sites on your fav list.. check and check the brand sections daily and you will see posts by members of exciting upcoming releases.. ie. the Breitling SA Blacksteel sometime this year... etc.

so you need to check in and browse the sections

I think this is a good idea but to make it really work efficiently, these pictures, rep-ratings and great stuff like onzenuub's list of reviews (plus the actual reviews themselves) should all be moved to a separate "Rep-Review" section.

In my humble opinion we should keep RWG simple and not multiply the sub forums.

But your suggestions are interresting too ChubbChubb.

Maybe the real shortcut would be a single sticky in Introduction that would give these informations about super reps.

But, of course, as said before, it needs a "Thread manager" to keep it up to date

Also, for a watch to qualify in that thread, there must be a global agreement about it.

This a great idea. A sort of meta-analysis of all the info scattered here.

A Zagat's guide to Replica's so to speak.

Would be a great incentive for new members to donate to get access to this info.....and would cut down on the countless "Who has the best (insert watch name)?" threads"

Great idea. This should have been done ages ago. May I submit the Discovery and the Timewalker for inclusion?

Col.

why Col... didn't you know you'll be involved in this project.. we can make it a combined RWG/RWG1 or RWG1/RWG project.. kinda like lookin in the mirror isn't it... B)

If I can make another suggestion: the best "noob" reps list in addition to the super reps. Many noobs, myself included, start of with a much cheaper watch than the super reps, especially given the state of the economy. Not everyone wants, or has the capacity, to drop $300 - $400 on a rep as a first step into the hobby. There are no current reviews aggregated in one place for the lower-priced reps, even though many of them would make noobs who are not sticklers for accuracy quite happy. I'm waiting for my first rep, a "low rent" one, and it took a lot of work to figure out what to get.

If I can make another suggestion: the best "noob" reps list in addition to the super reps. Many noobs, myself included, start of with a much cheaper watch than the super reps, especially given the state of the economy. Not everyone wants, or has the capacity, to drop $300 - $400 on a rep as a first step into the hobby. There are no current reviews aggregated in one place for the lower-priced reps, even though many of them would make noobs who are not sticklers for accuracy quite happy. I'm waiting for my first rep, a "low rent" one, and it took a lot of work to figure out what to get.

this is a good suggestion bc ! .. and we certainly can take it under advisement.. we'll need a crew ... so we'll start assembling one shortly..

Everyones input is valued no matter Noob or Vet.. it's the only way we can see what's happening in the mind set of all members .

sometimes we forget what it's like to start out in this hobby.. and now with the reps being so much more accurate and pricey alternatives are welcomed..

Cheers

L

Thnx, now i dont have to spend days inhere anymore. Just give me a link to the best sub, maybe just a 1-click shop?

Sorry but couldnt resist the irony. But my point is that let the n00bs (me) spend some time here reading, learning, discovering and finaly finding the ultimate rep (im still looking though). If we dont buy the best rep right away we havent read enough anyhow right? ;)

my2c

I'd recommend the UN Maxi Marine Diver Chrono and the DeWitt Academia as well.

both are a must on the list..

But as BC has stated and brought up a very good point it's not only the super reps but also the reps that are known as "good bang for the buck" although with flaws .... a rep that is cool enough to suggest for the price and accuracy.. but not necessarily a super rep.

This list will take time to compile as we want to include both must have SR's and the very good reps for Noobs checking out the water .. so to speak..

I'll be putting a crew together soon !!! B)

@Slask... to each his own.. it is by far more rewarding to really get into this hobby .. ergo sooner or later get into movements and a lot of members have taken the TZ course and become very accomplished amatuer horologist ..

it's what fits your wants and needs.. :)