When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Bracelets: A Bit Cheap.... Am I Right?

ryaku

I have seen 2 omega, both eta version (Aqua terra and Po) and i can say bracelets are a bit cheap.

They're so light they look made of plastic, absolutely nothing to do with Tag Link bracelet quality (far better).

I'm curious to know your impression over Speedmaster and seamaster profess. bracelets. Do u agree with me?

Cheers :)

Actually I think the Omega bracelets are pretty well regarded. I've purchased 4 omegas, a speedmaster, a bond-style seamaster, a regular seamaster, and a po. Two were in the $200 range, the other two were about $100. I thought all of the bracelets were quite good, but the inexpensive ones had crappy clasps. The clasps on the more expensive ones were excelllent.

The bracelet of my 4th gen Trusty PO is one of the best I've experienced - smooth, heavy, beautifully constructed.

Old school SMP perfect quality and feel!

You had also a 4th Gen PO. How about its bracelet? :)

The bracelet of my 4th gen Trusty PO is one of the best I've experienced - smooth, heavy, beautifully constructed.

:blink:

I've the same watch but i totally disagree.

You should see the bracelet of the new Tag Link. :)

Actually I think the Omega bracelets are pretty well regarded. I've purchased 4 omegas, a speedmaster, a bond-style seamaster, a regular seamaster, and a po. Two were in the $200 range, the other two were about $100. I thought all of the bracelets were quite good, but the inexpensive ones had crappy clasps. The clasps on the more expensive ones were excelllent.

I don't know, probabily i'm too exigent. :g:

Do u agree with me?

No.

Clean them up, polish them with car wax (so you won't remove the brushed finish) and oil them properly and there's a world of difference. And what Rolexman said: "old SMP rep" has almost perfect bracelet.

I have seen 2 omega, both eta version (Aqua terra and Po) and i can say bracelets are a bit cheap.

They're so light they look made of plastic, absolutely nothing to do with Tag Link bracelet quality (far better).

I'm curious to know your impression over Speedmaster and seamaster profess. bracelets. Do u agree with me?

yes, i do. i think they look nice, but feel a bit cheap compared to the Tag link and kirum bracelets

Damn, you all agree... i'm surely wrong but i still can't understand how you could consider a good bracelet the one with the Po. :huh:

From pics speedys and old seamasters seem to have very goos looking and solid bracelets...differnt case for POs and aqua terra. They are LIGHT.

I'm so disappointed that i'm gonna buy a leather strap. :p

Maybe my first replica, Tag Link Chrono, made me too esigent. :g:

Damn, you all agree... i'm surely wrong but i still can't understand how you could consider a good bracelet the one with the Po. :huh:

From pics speedys and old seamasters seem to have very goos looking and solid bracelets...differnt case for POs and aqua terra. They are LIGHT.

I'm so disappointed that i'm gonna buy a leather strap. :p

Maybe my first replica, Tag Link Chrono, made me too esigent. :g:

Yeah, I think the bracelet in TAG Link Chrono is excellent. One of the watch best bracelets ever (rep or gen) and it's better than in 4th Gen PO... but not as good (imho) as the Seamaster "Bond" bracelet which is the best and most comfortable watch bracelet I've ever had.

But wait until you get your first Rolex with hollow link band. I'm sure you come here and tell us all how crap it feels. I've grown to like it though... nothing wrong with it. But it's very flimsy.

Yeah, I think the bracelet in TAG Link Chrono is excellent. One of the watch best bracelets ever (rep or gen) and it's better than in 4th Gen PO... but not as good (imho) as the Seamaster "Bond" bracelet which is the best and most comfortable watch bracelet I've ever had.

Oh man.. i'm getting it :)

NO.

I have the old good rep version Seamaster and the bracelet is SUPERB quality...

THESE bracelets are the BEST on any rep!!

I do have the TAG chrono on order, I am glad to hear that the new TAG

is as good as these. We will see.

I'm sure of that, unfortunately i have no omega with those bracelets. :huh:

I could replace my PO bracelet with one of em. :)

I'm sure of that, unfortunately i have no omega with those bracelets. :huh:

I could replace my PO bracelet with one of em. :)

From what I see in pictures the latest TAG links models are that high-quality that the Omega SMP belongs to. Those Links models have excellent hands (crisp cut from sheets of perfect metal), and dials... and cases. I wish I was more into the LINK design--but I'm not.

There are slightly lower grades of everything available, the trick is to avoid those. I'm waiting to receive my SMP, and can't wait.

I've owned a gen Speedy and the Venus 175 Speedy rep, and both have had good bracelets and clasps (the gen speedy had the more confusing slide clasp like the old school constellation).

But I concur, Omega vs Rolex, no comparison with the bracelets (in real life).

From what I see in pictures the latest TAG links models are that high-quality that the Omega SMP belongs to. Those Links models have excellent hands (crisp cut from sheets of perfect metal), and dials... and cases. I wish I was more into the LINK design--but I'm not.

There are slightly lower grades of everything available, the trick is to avoid those. I'm waiting to receive my SMP, and can't wait.

I've owned a gen Speedy and the Venus 175 Speedy rep, and both have had good bracelets and clasps (the gen speedy had the more confusing slide clasp like the old school constellation).

But I concur, Omega vs Rolex, no comparison with the bracelets (in real life).

You have had a genuine so you will be able, as soon as you get your new SMP, to compare genuine with replica bracelet.

Please don't forget to update this thread with your opinion.

What a pity you can't appreciate Tag Link, it's a real masterpiece in replicas standards. :mellow:

I think the bracelet on the 4th gen PO is constructed pretty much the same as the genuine... they both feel cheap (like the new hollow Oyster bracelet from Rolex)!

If you think the Link's bracelet's well constructed and heavy?... try the new Bentley GT

Edited by Rolexman

I own both the po and the tag link, and the link is far and away the better bracelet. The po has alot of sharp edges and is a bit cheap feeling on the design of the clasp. It has good weight to it but the link is so much smoother and the clasp is beautiful. It has a very tight feel whereas it feels as if the po may come unclasped while i am wearing it. The tag is such a beauty of a rep i will probably buy a few just in case they stop making them. I was not the biggest tag fan but this watch really has won me over. Solid in every aspect and we will just have to see how the 7750 holds up over time.