When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Starting to get nervous about a watch repair by a modder on another forum

rogerthat

I have having a watch serviced by a known modder on another forumk.

He has been a gentlemen with great communication so I have nothing but positives to say and he will remain nameless but

I am starting to get worried that my watch may be in big trouble.

I got an email on the 14th of this month.

In that email he stated that my watch is fully serviced, running and after the night on the winder will be good to go.

He will email me the total tomorrow and should be able to ship the watch out that day as well.

There was a minor detail left to do but it seemed like a quick fix and was unrelated to the movement.

I was amazed how quickly he did the work from receipt of the watch in his shop and was quite excited that everything seemed to go well.

I think he had the watch in his shop for 1 week onlly, maybe 1 1/2 weeks.

Since then: no communication.

I have not paid yet so I know it was not shipped.

I would not be upset if he emailed me and said "it was not keeping accurate time so he looked at it and saw I needed X part and that could be a couple of weeks, or something similar"

I know watch repair takes time and you need to have patience in this hobby the time is not the worry.

Just the lack of any correspondence since the last email is strange.

I emailed twice to inquire that maybe an email from him went into my spam or maybe he thought I had the total and was waiting on me to make payment, it all is very strange.

I don't want to bug him and [censored] him off, I know that he is around.

I would assume he would want to get the watch out of his shop and get paid as soon as possible.

Would you send more emails, try to get in touch in other ways or just sit back and wait for word.

My fear is that my watch went bad and he cannot repair it, just strange that I would not get an email stating any updates.

Please edit your title and post.

Anyone who reads this will only assume that you are referring to me or vaccum. Since your not referring to me (and probably not vaccum), why post this on RWG? especially without saying exactly who you are talking about?

These types of posts are very misleading with innuendo and no names, terms like "well known modder" etc, a lot of people dont' read past the title or first few lines of your post and they will ASSume things that are not correct.

If the modder makes his home on another forum, then you should be posting your complaint on that other forum.

If you want to vent here on RWG, you owe it to everyone to change your title and intro to clearly identify who you are talking about.

RG

Before revealing the person's name, I would privately contact 1 of the mods on the board this person habits & see what they recommend. I can see little to be gained (other than inflaming things) by publicizing these things in the public forums. At least, not until you have exhausted all other non-public options.

Please edit your title and post.

Anyone who reads this will only assume that you are referring to me or vaccum. Since your not referring to me (and probably not vaccum), why post this on RWG? especially without saying exactly who you are talking about?

These types of posts are very misleading with innuendo and no names, terms like "well known modder" etc, a lot of people dont' read past the title or first few lines of your post and they will ASSume things that are not correct.

If the modder makes his home on another forum, then you should be posting your complaint on that other forum.

If you want to vent here on RWG, you owe it to everyone to change your title and intro to clearly identify who you are talking about.

RG

+1

If he's highly regarded in that forum that you should address this issue in the other forum. Nothing much we can do here but give our 2 cents worth of advice.

And that's worth exactly 2 cents.

Am interested to find out who it is so that we can make better decisions when having our watches modded

Yes, sorry for the confusion, thank you for editing the post topic heading.

Been away for a few days so I did not see the activity on this post until today.

Watchdog I did not mean any harm to you by the post.

I can understand that others could infer that and that was not my intent, so please accept my apologizes.

I was really just probing for advise to see how other members would communicate or attempt to communicate with the person in question.

Since I have not been scammed and the timeframe is still within reason I felt it un-called for to name a modder and hurt their reputation but of course my intent was not to insult Vac or Watchdog, 2 RWG modders that I have never had an issue with and are not the party in question here.

The modder could be someone unrelated to rep watches the question is really just do you find the all of a sudden drop of communication strange and would you be concerned and attempt contact another way other than emailing?

I know the respected modders here like Watchdog and Vac do not want to be bothered with constant status inquiries and the like and I am mindful of that and normally a patient person.