When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer date fix....?

i may be mistaken, but i thought lello took on a breitling datewheel at some point in time....

deltatahoe

You're right, but he didn't make navi wheels. The font is the same other then the single numerals, which aren't rotaed on lello DW-s.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started to make a custom date ring which closely resembles the Breitling original for the navitimer.

Obviously this is crap - I couldn't help but rush so I could show you this as the font needs changing anyway but it's proof of concept. The font I have used is the closest I could find and it is better than what the reps currently carry. Note the proper orientation for the single digits. The size is correct and the spacing is perfect.

Good start. Pull through! ;)

i may be mistaken, but i thought lello took on a breitling datewheel at some point in time....

deltatahoe

Thanks for the heads up. Lello does do a date wheel but it is inaccurate for the navitimer (as yodap noted - thanks yodap). The font face is correct though. I need to know what font this is.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/redirect.php?url...t_apr_08966.jpg

Edited by knmwt15000

I'm prepared to try it out on my legende.... :bangin:

Just point me to a date wheel, don't care if it's not a perfect font match, it will pass 99% of inspections.

You already have the perfect DW for the MBL. The one the movement currently uses. You take out that one from the movement, install a wrong font DW, and place your CURRENT DW on the top of the wrong one with the mentioned. This is the perfect mod for the MBL, with correct datefont.

Greetz.

please somebody do it, this really bothers me with my legende.

It's great that people are responding to this but It's not a case of one person doing it. We need to do this as a community. Finding out which font it is requires all of us to spend some time trawling the interwebs. Lets get this done together.

:good:

You already have the perfect DW for the MBL. The one the movement currently uses. You take out that one from the movement, install a wrong font DW, and place your CURRENT DW on the top of the wrong one with the mentioned. This is the perfect mod for the MBL, with correct datefont.

Greetz.

Great, so all I need is the following:

1x "incorrect" date wheel- any suggested source, someone mentioned lello above?

1x sutiable spacer ring, may have to improvise here and might also have to semi-glue it with something sticky but not impossible to remove.

This will be the hard part so any suggestions will be really appriciated....

Also, has anyone estimated the clearance ? We can't have the new DW rubbing agains the back of the face.

Thanks...

Edited by Raymo

Looking at the image below the issue seem to be the thickness of the new DW.

It will need to be thin enough, even thinner than the top plate of the mod.

I have not seen a DW, but it looks to be a plastic sheet stuck on top of a metal ring.

If the plastic insert could be removed, then it might be strong enough to support itself on top of a spacer ring.

Anyone familiar enough with a DW to know if this is the case?

Tri-compax mod:

369_a7750341.png

It's not my pic but I can't remember whom it belongs to?

Raymo - Glad to see more enthusiasm on this!

One problem is it turns out that the image above, originally from Yodap, is from the old 21600 beat A7750 and is not likely the one in your watch. As yet we don't have an image of the front of the current tricompax a7750. It would be great if you could get your hands and face off and snap us a pic.

That goes for the rest of you guys - if anybody has a pic of their navitimer with the hands and face removed it would be of serious use to this project

cheers

I also need recommendations on best hand remover...?

http://www.tztoolshop.com/FB_Catalog_Hand_Removers.html

I use a set like the top set on that page in conjunction with a thin peice of polythene, in one of francisos posts he has a good photo of how he does it and i do it the same way.

Great project, long overdue, would love to add it to my Navi.

The closest font I have come across is in Microsoft Word, called Eurostile, it's not 100%, but it's close, the width may need to be slightly adjusted.

:)

You're a superstar :1a: This font is very close and features on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurostile and accordingly is very similar to microgramma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microgramma which is also very close. Close enough in fact to use I think. Cudos to you. I couldn't find it because I don't have Eurostile on my pc. you couldn't post the font file of the eurostile could you?

Wow guys! If you can indeed pull this off they will sing songs and tell stories in your names for generations of rep fanatics to come.

If it is indeed possible it will be the hardest of hardcore mods ever. And with any luck the factories will take notice! I think you will find that the font is unique to Brietling so the only way to get it exactly correct would be to buy a Navi MVT and do a high res scan of the datewheel, reasemble and sell.

Col.