When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An offer from my wife.........Will you accept?

rckh

Ray

In my humble opinion..

Your wife's dislike of the rep hobby has nothing to do with watches.. reps.. real or not

it has everything to do with it being "All" important to YOU..

it could be model trains... vintage pens..no matter

what she is saying is that it is more important to you than she is..

I am not an expert in the female mind.. cause it is so abstract to me.. all men for that matter..

but what women want is..

NO COMPETITION

I mean.. look at how excited and obsessed we are when it comes to our (I was going to say Love).. but then that would explain the way she feels about your hobby :lol:

Women cannot come right out and say how they feel.. that would be to easy for us..

because we are supposed to know how they feel without them saying anything..

but because we (men) have not fully evolved in the evolutionary cycle yet... even if we are able to walk upright.. :unsure:

so in my humble opinion .. you are setting yourself up .. BIG TIME

because as creatures of habit... MAN want's most what he cannot have (or seemingly cannot have) .. once we have it.. we yearn for the next adventure.... then we move on to the next HUNT...

what if you were to say something like this...

"Baby... there is nothing that I would want more than my Daytona.. but I would rather have you and less expensive watches..

because you are my only love and watches come second,.. but if you want to get it for me.. up to you.. I'll just stay with my cheaper reps"!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BAM!! Daytona .... and you keep your hobby... as your nose grows longer.... :1a:

and most of all.. ya cannot leave us ma man.. we'd miss ya tooo much.. :angry:

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lani.... Smooth operator.

The better half will nonetheless see through this and still fall for it. Sweeeet.... Gonna use this when my better half starts complaining again... She might be 4000 miles away but she knows.... she knows.

Cheers

siesta181

the better half will not see through it.. because that is what they "want" to hear..

sound corny.. of course..

but women will not get to the point.. they will talk .. ALL AROUND ..... the real subject..

they will talk apples and oranges and mean ... onions.. and we are supposed to know

example..

we men go shopping.. we know what we want and need.. go in.... KILL IT.. leave~

Women go to a dozen stores.. fast hands will go through every garment and not buy a single thing.. they are "gather`ers"

We are hunters..

Women just want to be "heard" and not given "Solutions"

we cut to the chase and find a solution to the problem.... Women don't want this, they just want to ... "TALK"

drives me nutz.. :p

why complain .. and do nothing about it.. sheesh... !!!! B)

Can't live with em... Can't kill em... jus joking :p

Agree.....Maybe I should talk with her rather than make my own decision.

Raymond

Sometimes its the hardest thing to do with my wife (like having my teeth pulled), but honest dialog between partners is the only thing that keeps people together since you can't really know what a person is truly thinking unless you talk to them about it. You've gotten a lot of easy-way-out or sneaky suggestions from the members, but P4GTR said it best.....

None of us know your situation enough to be truly helpful,................................
B)

Sometimes its the hardest thing to do with my wife (like having my teeth pulled), but honest dialog between partners is the only thing that keeps people together since you can't really know what a person is truly thinking unless you talk to them about it. You've gotten a lot of easy-way-out or sneaky suggestions from the members, but P4GTR said it best.....

B)

Sorry O. .. I'm not trying to be "sneaky" or .. find.... easy out way's ..

I myself would not take any offer that has "conditions" attached.. as what I do .. when I do things .. are purely "unconditional" and without "hostage" taking..

it's the age old dialogue between the opposite genders that I am always mindful of..

would you rahter be "right" or "happy together"

a lot of times it's a give and take ...

I'm not ever saying to not be "honest".. but at times it's good to make everything a win win ... "honesty without compassion" ..can be brutality..

I didn't mean to portray a "devient" way to approach a relationship..

so if I offended anyone.. my humble apoplories.. to you all.

R

Ray these are just replica watches...Worthless and meaningless outside of these forums.

As for the comments about a gen losing its appeal over time..For me it is the reps that have lost all appeal and I wear my gens all of the time these days.

A genuine Rolex is a treasure and something that will hold its financial value over time so it is a no brainer really.

+ 1!

Cud not say it better myself!

Laz

Sorry O. .. I'm not trying to be "sneaky" or .. find.... easy out way's ..

Hey Lani, not really aimed at you or anybody in particular so yer' ears shouldn't be that warm! We all have our own ways in how we attempt to interact with women. You know, married men really don't live longer than single men, it only seems longer. :p

"Baby... there is nothing that I would want more than my Daytona.. but I would rather have you and less expensive watches..

because you are my only love and watches come second,.. but if you want to get it for me.. up to you.. I'll just stay with my cheaper reps"!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BAM!! Daytona .... and you keep your hobby... as your nose grows longer.... :1a:

and most of all.. ya cannot leave us ma man.. we'd miss ya tooo much.. :angry:

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Lani Bro:

You're truely master of women! I like this part "Baby... there is nothing that I would want more than my Daytona.. but I would rather have you and less expensive watches..

because you are my only love and watches come second,.. but if you want to get it for me.. up to you.. I'll just stay with my cheaper reps"

A million THX for your input! :D

Best Regards,

Raymond

"honesty without compassion" ..can be brutality..

I like that B) I wouldn't've thought it would be possible to put brutality in a positive light, but, you managed to do it, bro :good: All it takes is a different perspective, and then it all becomes clear :)

Some excellent points made, boy there are some real smarties here.

The only thing I don't agree with is sneaking around the wife and buying reps on the sly when you promised not to.

That's just not honorable.

Just think how she would feel if she got you the Daytona and found out you broke your promise.

lots of good advice here; as others have said, have an honest conversation with her, and put her mind at ease. as lani says if you get to the heart of the problem and put her concerns to rest then you may well be able to have your cake (daytona) and eat it too (still enjoy reps).

deltatahoe

ps:

you're not a transformer trying to blend together in order to be the ultimate super bad ass supertransformer deal.............

just in case somebody missed this gem :lol:

I would surely go for that deal, but as it is a real and incredible sacrifice, i would not say "YES" too easily...So maybe it is time to ask her something she always refused... :animal_rooster:

That could be a "win" / "win+" deal !

Hey: No naughty ideas ! OK ? :whistling: