When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's your opinion on the $108 rep's?

Absolute

Hey guys, first post here. I've just spent the past 3 hours reading lots of stuff, and I'm currently forum'd out for now.

I bought myself a gen Tissot PRC200 to stop myself from spending a stupid amount of money on a Navi.. which I completely love.

What do you guys think about the $108 or so price bracketted rep's (Prices from WatcheDen).

Check this one out

http://www.watcheden.com/breitling-navitim...-27415-p-1.html

Or

http://www.watcheden.com/breitling-navitim...-29761-p-1.html

Stay clear, or if I can deal with the issues then go for it?

Cheers guys.

if ur lookin to save money and just buying a random watch that has no relevance wat so ever to the gen, then i'd say yeah go for it

ur better off buying the same version but for the $128 price, it has more accuracies and better cases

i dont think 3 hours of research is enough for u buddy! if ur lookin for somethin nice u should'nt jump into buying a rep this quick, trust me u'll regret it

take nice and slow and u'll find ur perfect pick

i dont think 3 hours of research is enough for u buddy! if ur lookin for somethin nice u should'nt jump into buying a rep this quick, trust me u'll regret it

take nice and slow and u'll find ur perfect pick

Very true..very very true..........been there myself

and the process will be..you'll buy one of those 108usd's ...that is more than obvious..than you'll receive it..and you'll love the bastard..for 5 minutes, after that you start to use your 3hour research knowledge and you discover some serious pathetic flaws...your leg will start to tremble at this point.........then you research again....then more flaws pop up......(this is the moment where "pathetic" comes in.....in a very effective manner)... and exponencially you'll end up with that watch at one side, insulting yourself in regular terms, and you'll start to think that selling your sister is a good way to buy the 3 times more expensive version of the same watch that another seller has.............................and you'll end up with a 108usd more expensive watch than the original one..and that is the best circunstance i can imagine... do your homework..over and over again, and when you finally received what you paid off..you'll have an instant orgasm instead of a more or less inconvenient or convincing erection

Thrust me on that one...and the TRULLY first rule for a noob, that people often forget is "IMPULSE CONTROL"...allways

and for all i can help...first watch you posted, will actually work like it should on a very strange level (youll start to be "quartz allergic" on the next week..again..trust me)...the second option for the same watch will have a chronograph that is a dummy...doesnt move at all..(its fascinating to press to buttons and see how it moves randomly in the most pathetic way you can imagine...like playing tetris inside an aquarium after a bottle of scotch..)

Welcome to the forum

Cheers mate!

A.

I don't plan on impulse buying that's for sure. I want to take my time and get exactly what I want out of a rep, most of the cheap ones look bad when I look up close to them.. but i'd still wear one, just worried about the inside really.

I didn't say 3 hours was enough, just saying incase you think i'm a retard who doesn't read the stickies! I know the drill. B)

As we have seen before (Silix Air King comes to mind) you can find the occasional gem amongst the cheapies, two things to remember (1) Buy non chrono Asian movement, not quartz (2) know the watch you are buying.

Ken

I bought a chopard 21j asian movement for joshua, to wear whilst I send off the graham for repairs.

If I like the chopard I'll keep it, otherwise I will sell it off as soon as I get my graham back from the factory.

I think for $108 chronograph watches you gotto be kidding to expect a good quality rep. I know that even some $300 chronograph reps have really bad subdials that are all compltely wrong.

But if you got for a simple watch with no chronograph and simple bezel (like the chopard gtxl) you *could* get lucky and land yourself a pretty convincing rep.

A lot of people buy the Omega Plant Ocean from Narika, because it's a pretty good rep, not a hard fead given the simplicity of the design.

The problem with chronographs is that almost all chronograph reps used the a7750 movement, and the problem is that some Gens have 30 minute chronos, some ahve 60, some are layed out different..

And it costs time and money to customise the movement, so they don't bother and change the subdials layout in the rep

Okay, so you have a Tissot and almost bought a gen Navi.

So I assume your budget is a little bit more than a 100usd rep.

how about you take a look at the gen Navi specs? You will find a Breitling caliber often based on the Valjoux 7750 used in high end reps. And you will find sapphire. And gen Breitling specs mention 'glareproofed both sides' meaning AR coating. Look for these things in a rep and you will find a nice one.

Qualitative steel bracelets and rubber straps are best for looking like genuine. Leather is a bit less looking like gen. Some who have leather will just use the rep leather. Some will buy genuine Breit straps. Some will use a aftermarket strap or a custom made strap like from HKTAN or Gunny.

So to answer your question: for a Navitimer, KEEP AWAY from the 108usd versions if you want to enjoy your watch. For the high end reps you might fool others and sometimes yourself. they are gems. :)

good luck with the Hunt.

i've been here for a couple of months!!! and still no rep :(

im still deciding ha! between a upo or soh...

WOW +140 posts and still no rep? Come on dude, PULL THAT TRIGGER! ;)

WOW +140 posts and still no rep? Come on dude, PULL THAT TRIGGER! ;)

i knoww :( well i am a student, so im saving up!

first rep is def. going to be an UPO then franken it with gen crown/tube, double AR (if someone is doing it :( .... last i heard chief didnt wanna do it anymore), and then in the future get gen dial and hands ;)

i knoww :( well i am a student, so im saving up!

first rep is def. going to be an UPO then franken it with gen crown/tube, double AR (if someone is doing it :( .... last i heard chief didnt wanna do it anymore), and then in the future get gen dial and hands ;)

for the price of all those mods you could also have 3 very nice reps. And to mod the UPO like that it'll get you near the price of a used gen....

TOTALLY agree with you on this! the first submariner I bought i just say on some googled replica place, and what I got was HORRIBLE! I learned the hard way. For my SA I researched about 20 hours before i got out the Visa...

-Ricardo

I see the quartz nay sayers are in full swing.

Personaly I'd much rather have the quartz version than the 21J with faux Chronos. The sec hand is so small no one will notice anyway. On the other hand they are likely to notice that the sweep hand is allways running and the sml sec ain't. I abhore faux chronos, yuck!

For the OP: A quartz version has the same features as a gen but the second hand (the little hand on a chrono) "ticks" instead of sweeping where as the 21J (an asian automatic MVT) has faux (false) chronos that tell 24hr time or simply index one click when the pusher is pressed. On a faux chrono watch the large second hand does the job the small one should and is allways in motion while the small one (which should be moveing) stays still.

Better still, save up and buy the A7750 version where everything works as it should. They are under 300 bucks ATM thanks to the WEC (world economic crises).

Col.

• 2 weeks later...
I see the quartz nay sayers are in full swing.

Personaly I'd much rather have the quartz version than the 21J with faux Chronos. The sec hand is so small no one will notice anyway. On the other hand they are likely to notice that the sweep hand is allways running and the sml sec ain't. I abhore faux chronos, yuck!

For the OP: A quartz version has the same features as a gen but the second hand (the little hand on a chrono) "ticks" instead of sweeping where as the 21J (an asian automatic MVT) has faux (false) chronos that tell 24hr time or simply index one click when the pusher is pressed. On a faux chrono watch the large second hand does the job the small one should and is allways in motion while the small one (which should be moveing) stays still.

Better still, save up and buy the A7750 version where everything works as it should. They are under 300 bucks ATM thanks to the WEC (world economic crises).

Col.

Thank you Col, I could not agree more. I perfer a automatic but not under these circumstances. :) Mike