When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Testing A Planet Ocean

Nanuq

As many of you know, a rep Submariner is indeed a heck of a tough watch. I should know. :Jumpy:

So since I'm offering up a Planet Ocean as a POM award, it only makes sense to test it too, to ensure that it

matches the durability of a Submariner.

So without further ado, here are a few mild preliminary tests to see if it is even close to the same toughness

as a Sub.

How's the waterproofing? Let's go swimming wit' da fishies and find out...

100370-26394.jpg

Not bad! Now we wash off all that nasty algae and fish poop...

100370-26395.jpg

Send in your POM entries or... the watch gets it!

100370-26396.jpg

EEK!!! I stumbled across the scene of a near-murder in the woods! Is the watch...decapitated? :yuk:

100370-26397.jpg

Whew! It was only a near miss!

100370-26398.jpg

Who knows WHAT nefarious tests will await this poor Planet Ocean if we don't get more POM entries!!!! :Jumpy:

SAVE THE WATCH!! Its very existence depends on your POM submissions! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually, on a serious note I've been reading a lot on the forum about the Planet Oceans failing basic axe and icepick tests. I don't know the details, but I know that the gen Omega has a co-axial escapement, which obviously helps it escape axes. But generally the reps just lie there like a dead fish.

Has anyone had any luck taking just the empty bracelet back to the dealers and getting a replacement watch? I mean, they're defective.

There are a few other tests that I don't think it's too much to ask the dealers to start running. If it's good enough for the Swiss...

I think this post on The Purists here (credit to Elton for the original post and pics) talks about some of the Franck Mullers being lost in fisting accidents. This has been a constant problem for vets with some of the Omega reps too. Does anyone know if the bezel is intestinal tract friendly? Nothing worse than a snagged bezel when you're working (sticking you head in to find it isn't fun either).

102451-25907.jpg

And how many of us have dogs? I can't speak for everyone, but I also don't think it's too much to ask that your watch can survive a friendly hello from your dog when you get in from work.

102451-25908.jpg

Most pathetic of all, I read in this post last week here, of one of the new 4 1/2th generation (is that what we're calling the ones with the black date wheels? Dunno)...anyway one of these new ones getting completely crushed when they guy's girlfriend gave him a cuddle. I mean come on:

102451-25909.jpg

Some of the quality control - I mean it's really worrying. :wounded1: