When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Sighting

jeff g

Today I was walking into a local Pub, and walking out at the same time, was a young guy, maybe 23 or 24 yrs old.

Being the WIS that I am, I noticed that the guy was wearing the same watch as I.

A PP Aquanaut with the rubber bracelet. Without a doubt it was the rep 5167.

No don't get me wrong, its all good to see someone else wearing such a nice watch, but remember I am old, I can actually get away with wearing a gen Aquanaut, but this young man did not pull it off.

I had to laugh...not at him, but at myself for being such a watch obsessive goon.

Here is a shot of the watch in question.post-22-1242771611_thumb.jpg

Yeah I'd hate to rain on your parade too op, but the other posters are right.

The other day I saw a young 20 something in t-shirt, shorts and sneakers sporting an Audemars Piguet Shaq O'Neil. I see plenty of young folks with their gen-Daytonas like it was the greatest thing ever.

Yeah can't judge a book by its cover.

I was at the AD last week and a kid maybe 20 at the most was picking up a white gold Daytona with the black and red face after they had done some work to it. He was wearing cargo shorts, a t shirt, and a pair of Crocs.

maybe he was a drug dealer :mellow:

I pegged one guy in front of me in the cashier as one, based on the typical stereotypes of what one looks like around here. (Not going to get into that..) I even predicted the type and colour of his car he would drive to my wife in private. Sure enough I was bang on.

I wouldn't call that a rep. poor imitation more like it. My sisters father in law has just finished a rep Lambo, space frame, gen engine and running gear. THAT'S a rep! Mind you, he's also hung a pair of whopping great Garrett turbos off the engine :)

Retired F1 engineers get bored quickly.

Col.

I'm house poor living off instant noodles, boxed potatoes, and tap water but I have a great selection of watches!!

All kidding aside, I've seen some pretty impressive stuff on younger kids here in Socal. They like to bling.....