When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brussels annual GTG 2009: the second edition!

Stephane

Hello Everybody,

It's friday 6.21 PM now.

The garden has been cleaned, furniture too, all drinks are in house, snacks too...

Tomorrow is going to be a beautifull day here so we will spend the afternoon in the garden sharing moments, watches and drinks :gathering:

Got a phone call from Taka .

Taka, Guru1 and his wife are in Brussels already.

Frank KelsterStar69 and his familly probably too.

In an hour I'll pick up Saso and his GirlFriend at the airport... :plane:

So tonight, we will go in a typical Brussels restaurant.

More later ...bye for now

:partytime:

Stephane

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the nice words all.

For sure what is great in our community is to be from so many different parts of the world...:clap2:

But then, it is a pain too because we cannot meet each other as easily as we would wish :bye2:

By the way, please consider this idea: how about a GTG in vacation time (Summer) in a typical location like Greece, Italy or Spain....

Might be the best way to meet from all over the world as I guess for many US and DownUnder members EU historical countries are attractive.

Mixing familly time in a great EU historical location with wonderfull beaches and organise a GTG day/evening?

Just think it over...might be an interresting way to solve the distance problems ...

Well at least if all you US/AU guys realise this continent is your original home :p

Everyone have a great time, I wish I didn't have exams this week :(

As for the idea of another meeting in the summer....count me in. I am free between Mid June - Beginning September. If it falls within those times it would be an absolute pleasure to meet the EU members.

Just packed 10 watches (1 watchwinder). The 2/3rd of my collection will stay home, but that's better than nothing :)

Too bad I have so many watches abroad waiting for mods, I would have loved to introduce my ultimate PAM 111.

Planned to exchange straps/buckles and why not a watch ;)

See you tomorrow, mid of the afternoon...

Edited by Pix

I have to go to the rugby of my son. Truying out my latest toy a EOS 50D with my 70-200 f2.8 ( let's hope he runs today )

I'll be off to Brussels at 13.00 local time

See you.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Good morning all.

The evening started really bad yesterday.

I was at the airport picking up Saso and on the phone driving to the arrivals when a police man stopped me...

The result was 90 minutes at the police station and I was tested positive for alcohol.

As Saso's plane was a little later, I decided to have a drink before leaving...bad idea!

This morning my car and driving license is still at the airport now :(

The funny part is I was allowed to pick it up but not before 2.37 AM ... :huh:

Go figure. You can't drive with 0.61 (legaly it's 0.50) but you may come back in the middle of the night after more drinks :blink:

Anyway, I finaly arrived at the Hilton, late, but everyone was nice enough to wait for me and then we went for a dinner.

I had a great evening and met some great new persons: Madame Saso, Mr and Me Guru1...

Ok, off to the bathroom now for a good shower and then I will pick up VikkyRob at the railway station but with a friend of mine as he still has his car and driving license :animal_rooster:

Later,

Stephane

I have to go to the rugby of my son. Truying out my latest toy a EOS 50D with my 70-200 f2.8 ( let's hope he runs today )

I'll be off to Brussels at 13.00 local time

See you.

Carpe Diem

Cats

See you Cats...can't wait.

Give me a call when you're in town ;)

@ Stephane

thank you for the wonderful gtg :D

- you are a great host, and seem a very nice man to be

- restaurant with a very friendly service and good food

- the hotel was great and at an unbeatable price.

- it was the best gtg so far

Thanks, Stephane

applause.gifapplause.gif

Edited by caruwe

Thanks a lot to you Caruwe for being here :clap2:

In fact, I thank you all guys and gals for coming to Brussels for this second edition.

I had a wonderfull time again...and already think about next year's one :clap:

Simply disapointed to have to say bye :bye2:

These great moments are too short as usual.

@All: our official photographer, Capice, will certainly post some nice photos soon...

Stay tuned :D

Bye for now,

Stephane

That was simply awesome, I cannot remember when I had so much fun the last time!

Stephane, thank you so much for your incredible hospitality! Looking so much forward to see Capices pictures.

Btw, I have some nice pictures myself - especially from the late hours of the GTG...

Whooohoooo! :D

Stephane and all the members from the GTG,

It's been a wonderfull day.evening and night. :drinks:

One thing i learned , and to be honest i already knew it , i'm still a NOOB when it comes to knowledge of all the brands. :wounded1:

Thanks again Stephane for being a great host . :1a:

Carpe Diem

Cats