When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet Rubens Barrichello II

Just picked up this Audemars Piguet Rubens Barrichello from Precioustime. As usual faultless service from PT, and great quality control, this watch is spotless :)

The construction of this watch is first class, the titanium and ceramic really compliment each other well. Even the strap is of high quality, an area where the rep factories sometimes forget about....

Anyway, on to the pictures, click to expand! ^_^

dsc02487iaf.th.jpgdsc02488rhf.th.jpgdsc02489vaw.th.jpgdsc02490f.th.jpg

dsc02491y.th.jpgdsc02493a.th.jpgdsc02494w.th.jpgdsc02496q.th.jpg

dsc02498cmb.th.jpgdsc02497paj.th.jpgdsc02495y.th.jpg

dsc02498zmk.jpg

A fantastic watch, I am very happy with it. What's more it is keeping crazy accurate time, and the case back gasket was greased. The rotor spins quietly too, anyone would think this watch has been serviced! As for the dial, and the missing gears on the back plate, it really does not concern me, I can't pull this off as genuine anyway, as it would probably cost $60-70 K new :lol:

Thanks for looking, comments and observations welcome! B)

Yes I have a 6.5" wrist :p

The only difference is the crown and chrono pushers are larger, the actual case construction seems the same. Obviously the watch is much lighter, due to the Ti and ceramic materials used :D

I find it more balanced on the wrist than the steel ROO ;)

The only difference is the crown and chrono pushers are larger, the actual case construction seems the same. Obviously the watch is much lighter, due to the Ti and ceramic materials used :D

Too bad, until now I had the excuse that it was too big for me. Now I'm getting really nervous. ^_^

Can you make a side by side pic?

Damn, MP! You've been on a major buying spree lately! The 16622, the PAMs, and now the RBII. Very cool.

You know, I have a 6.8" wrist, and found my old steel ROO to be a little on the uncomfy side. VERY thick, heavy and the fact that I had it on a not very forgiving steel bracelet didn't help either. However... A Ti version might be interesting :)

Thanks for sharing your pics and wrist shots. Great as always...

@Mickey...great watch that is. i got mine last Friday, had it on my wrist a complete day before it died :cry:

The watch itself is very well made...allthough please check the hex-nut screws that hold the pusher-covers (4 pieces)...mine came all loose and was only lucky to see that because my pushers were mounted upside-down :huh: ...so I unscrewed them, lift the covers, turned the pusher correct way, and screwed and secure the screws with glue.

Anyway, its real titanium and ceramic....and I have to wait for an exchange-movement to swap in....I hate waiting!

Wear it well...cheers mate.

Theo

P.S.: For all of the members with an AP and an itching-deployant....just mount the strap upside-down 8short strap part at 6 o

Hehe, most F1 drivers are small, it is actually an advantage to be small in F1 B)

It's like jockeys in horse racing...

Thomasng had a genuine one and had no problems wearing it either.

Guest Sql_pl

APbands buckle might be a solution?

I did not find AP deployants very comfy, and I guess I have a small wrist because my deployant had to sit like on the side of a wrist and not down there where it should be...

A fantastic watch, I am very happy with it. What's more it is keeping crazy accurate time, and the case back gasket was greased. The rotor spins quietly too, anyone would think this watch has been serviced! As for the dial, and the missing gears on the back plate, it really does not concern me, I can't pull this off as genuine anyway, as it would probably cost $60-70 K new :lol:

for the life of me, i can't understand why gen AP's cost so much. Don't get me wrong... it's an amazing watch. But 60-70K? really?

Edited by PhilVT

The price of 60-70k USD is just the market price....a question of demand and suplly, this LE is a rare bird and was released intimes where F1 racing was a #1 sport around the globe.

The buying price was 28k!

Theo

Thanks... that sounds a little more realistic.