When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EuroTimez Open Letter to RWG Forum, We're back Full-Time.

EuroTimez

I just joined this forum and am looking to get my first rep watch. I'm pretty impressed by what Chris has said in the first post of this thread but I still have a few queries:

1) QC Issues

Understand that you had some QC issues relating to the China factory you are working with and also with the watchmaker you are using.

So the question I have is how you are going to guarantee that the QC issues that you faced in the past won't happen again?

I read that you are going to sack your current watchmaker but how confident are you that the new watchmaker you will be hiring is going to be better than your current one?

2) Drop Shipment

By saying that you do not drop ship, does it mean that the watches actually get shipped to Thailand or some other country to be checked before it is shipped to the final destination?

3) Shipping to Singapore

Have you shipped any watches to Singapore previously and have you faced any customs issues previously when you shipped to Singapore?

4) Ladies watches

Do you have any ladies watches for Rolex/Omega/Tag Hauer? I don't seem to see any on your website. Thinking of getting a pair, one for my wife and the other for myself.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris, your open communication on the forum is great and very much appreciated. However, I must say that what has impressed me the most in my dealings with all of you (Chris, Patrick, and Seri) is the one-on-one communication and status updates I have received regarding my orders, which by the way, have been flawless thus far. The ease of the new website with all of the account status options made my experience (shopping, buying, very short waiting, and then receiving) all that much more informed and enjoyable. Thank you!

Here's looking forward to many more pleasurable experiences :):)

Guest Eurotimez-Patrick

Teebs:

You asked good questions and I hope I can address them:

1. The QC issues from the factory should have been caught. The factory should have not sent them, our person in China should have caught them, and our watchmaker should have caught them. No excuse at all. My only real response is that Chris fired everyone and is actually going to China next week. We will be sending actual pictures of every watch we send out and we get a copy of them too to check. Is it totally perfect? Probably not. But we are going to put safeguards in place.

2. Drop shipment means it is shipped out from the factory sight unseen. Depending on the watch, we have it sent to us in China or Thailand to QC then to our clients. Our person in China was not paying attention and neither was the watchmaker. The problem has been solved.

3. We have no problems shipping anywhere when we use EMS or our EU shipment option, which we guarantee. The small problems we run into is when it is shipped registered Airmail. We inform our customers about the potential problems when they pick that option. But, it is ultimately their decision. If it was up to me, I would get rid of registered airmail all together. I know people think $35 is a lot for shipping but it is the guarantee because we will replace if it if there is a problem with shipping.

4. We are about to launch a whole section for ladies watches. I think our ladies have been underrepresented and we are going to solve that. If you have something in mind, email us, we can get it.

Any more questions, please ask.

Patrick

I just joined this forum and am looking to get my first rep watch. I'm pretty impressed by what Chris has said in the first post of this thread but I still have a few queries:

1) QC Issues

Understand that you had some QC issues relating to the China factory you are working with and also with the watchmaker you are using.

So the question I have is how you are going to guarantee that the QC issues that you faced in the past won't happen again?

I read that you are going to sack your current watchmaker but how confident are you that the new watchmaker you will be hiring is going to be better than your current one?

2) Drop Shipment

By saying that you do not drop ship, does it mean that the watches actually get shipped to Thailand or some other country to be checked before it is shipped to the final destination?

3) Shipping to Singapore

Have you shipped any watches to Singapore previously and have you faced any customs issues previously when you shipped to Singapore?

4) Ladies watches

Do you have any ladies watches for Rolex/Omega/Tag Hauer? I don't seem to see any on your website. Thinking of getting a pair, one for my wife and the other for myself.

Thank you Chris for taking "Ownership" for your business..

I understand customer Service and the truth is Human errors will happen.. and for me it's all about taking ownership .. especially in this day and age when the internet creates .. "I want it now" type of mind set. ..everything in the world is moving at light speed.. B)

with that said it is refreshing to see you taking "action" to address these issues !

That is all that's important for me.. especially in this business.. it's not like walking into a Mall...

so I wish you all the good fortune and with your attitude I am sure all will be pleased with your proactive measures..

We cannot alway's please everyone.. but it's nice to see people still give it 110%

Aloha ke Akua Chris !

A~C

R

So now that we are all on the same page.....what is now taking place for orders as I have placed an order and Im not sure what is taking place or going on to fullfill order???

last I heard waiting for parts???

Teebs:

You asked good questions and I hope I can address them:

1. The QC issues from the factory should have been caught. The factory should have not sent them, our person in China should have caught them, and our watchmaker should have caught them. No excuse at all. My only real response is that Chris fired everyone and is actually going to China next week. We will be sending actual pictures of every watch we send out and we get a copy of them too to check. Is it totally perfect? Probably not. But we are going to put safeguards in place.

2. Drop shipment means it is shipped out from the factory sight unseen. Depending on the watch, we have it sent to us in China or Thailand to QC then to our clients. Our person in China was not paying attention and neither was the watchmaker. The problem has been solved.

3. We have no problems shipping anywhere when we use EMS or our EU shipment option, which we guarantee. The small problems we run into is when it is shipped registered Airmail. We inform our customers about the potential problems when they pick that option. But, it is ultimately their decision. If it was up to me, I would get rid of registered airmail all together. I know people think $35 is a lot for shipping but it is the guarantee because we will replace if it if there is a problem with shipping.

4. We are about to launch a whole section for ladies watches. I think our ladies have been underrepresented and we are going to solve that. If you have something in mind, email us, we can get it.

Any more questions, please ask.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Well, I don't think that $35 is too much for peace of mind in case the case is lost or didn't reach me and I know that it will be replaced.

For watches, I'm looking for simple ones for my wife, something like the Rolex Datejusts or Omega constellation series but I'm more interested in those with automatic movements.

@ Teebs

Good and fair Questions.

To clarify it even more in detail without compromising security ( as this is still a grey market ), I work with different departments. This is not an 1 man-show, like most dealers. I work with a Team, which I'm ultimately responsible for as the owner and admin of Eurotimez company.

As with real-life business, I work with co-workers and team-members. Some are managers (patrick) and co-admin (seri), some are helpers(3x), some are watchmakers(2x), some are photographers (2x), I have webprogrammer, some are on the accounting and billing departement (seri) and some oversee complete operations.

This means that even tho I'm responsible I have people in charge for certain area's of the business, and I trust that they do the job they get paid (well) to do. Just like in a real business, such as ehm Macdonalds you have people who fry the french fries, people who do the hamburgers, people who clean, people who does the accounting etc.

They have responsiblities, the main manager cannot keep looking at every single nitty-gritty detail "all the time" otherwise he might as well do it himself. So when one fails to do their job, he needs to get it fixed asap.

Even in the rep-business there are ALOT of things that need to get done, from shipping, e-mails, accounting, managing co-workers, update webstore, qc-departement.

In the recent situation, I was well -- not life-treating, but nonetheless seriously Ill and things pilled-up and people got sloppy, I didn't wanted to create unnessescary panic and was hoping to get better immediately which also didn't happen (usually I'm only sick 2-4 times a year - like to keep good healthy standard). In this case the QC-departement china had quite a few faults in a row, that were big blow-its to put it bluntly... this account once again is marginally wise STILL low in comparison to our selling volume. So long-story-short, the people in charge got spoken too. My watchmaker is under tight supervision now. I had to alot of work pilled up and things got alittle messy.

To answer your question, will it ever happen again? We will do all we can to prevent it from happening. However honest truth is I can't tell the future, we are working with PEOPLE not ROBOTS or computers, they can be unpredictable and inlogical sometimes.

We pay our watchmaker VERY WELL fyi, and we require of him a job that should be more than do-able. We will make our QC-section even better as improving is what we are all about.

You must also understand that we are dealing in a different culture an ASIAN (in particular CHINESE) society where, the mentality and standard ARE different then "most" western ways... this is hard to understand if you haven't yourself been dealing in asia or with asian people. It's totally day/night difference at times compared to western standard... I'm sure some members here can account for that, who are business owners in Asia or doing business with ASIA. Different mentality.

As far as firing concerns, Patrick isn't completely aware of the whole operation, but yes there will be people laid off, but not the whole departement fyi.

2. We NEVER dropship, our team always checks, dispite lack of QC. If you can imagine, that some of our watches failed QC-checks...(meaning they failed the filter) Can you imagine other dealers problems who have "ZERO" QC (no filter). They have bigger problems then we have. At least we try to address this issue.

3. We never had any major problems with Singapore, we guarantee shipment as Patrick mentioned via EMS.

4. We are looking into ladies watches and will launch it in near future, we have quite a few other specials that we would like to launch as well... more to come :p

Edited by EuroTimez

@ AMSTAFF

@ S.t

@ Highzoe

@ Dluddy

@ GioArmani

@ Nikki6

@ Lanikai --- rafflemeister, will be help to your raffle section soon ---

@ ArminvanBuuren

@ CaraCarNJ

@ Kenberg

@ Elepaulo

Tx so much, it does mean alot to me... Good to see you veteran members and nice to meet newer members (too) again.

Edited by EuroTimez

I've just received my first rep I decided on eurotimez due to his good past history (even after reading a few bad reports) but I assumed none of ever get it right 100% of the time but chris did come across as honest .

and I'm very pleased with the service and quick replys (seri/patrick) and delighted with the watch .

thanks.

post-22488-1244016260_thumb.jpg

Chris, your open communication on the forum is great and very much appreciated. However, I must say that what has impressed me the most in my dealings with all of you (Chris, Patrick, and Seri) is the one-on-one communication and status updates I have received regarding my orders, which by the way, have been flawless thus far. The ease of the new website with all of the account status options made my experience (shopping, buying, very short waiting, and then receiving) all that much more informed and enjoyable. Thank you!

Here's looking forward to many more pleasurable experiences :):)

Thanks Roo, this how must of our operations runs and should run... if I may add.

Sawatdee Khap.

I ordered a DSSD from you Chris, in the midst of the "problems" I have been impressed so far with communication, esp with Patrick.

and so I am just waiting now until the watch arrives. I hope that it was proccessed while the watchmaker and QC were having a good day.

I am still unclear on one issue though. does the watch have the corronet @6 and is it of the correct (almost invisible) size. From my emails with Patrick it was alluded to, but I have not had a definate answer.

Khop Khun Khap.

Warren

Never dealt with you Eurotimez, most of the stuff I have read is good except in some threads more recently, but great to see a dealer being upfront and honest with a no B.S approach to let clients and potential customers realise the situation.

It shows me that all them great reviews and threads I have read about you were there for a reason. Makes me as a potential customer think that if I was to deal with you I would get top quality service!

Chris,

thanks for your update and it's always the best way to admit that people can make mistakes.

Good to see that you have the old style MBW 1680 case still available.

What puzzles me is why do they bring the newer lesser quality MBW1680 on the market knowing that the construction of the case and the reatining ring causes great troubles. Not to speak of the poor dial on the 1680 red.

I'll get in contact with you for the 1680 case soon.

Keep up the good work.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Nice to see you back here Chris. I had only one transaction with Chris about a year ago now, but it was a good one. I bought a noob YM that had an issue with the date mechanism. Chris promptly shipped me a replacement before I had posted the defective one.

I look forward to dealing with you again in the future and to see you around more often here :)

Great news Chris! Your honesty is refreshing to say the least. There are very few dealers indeed who have been so up front about the problems all traders can and do go thru at times.

When I asked you to help out with the bush fire raffle your responce was instant and generous. You have my full support in the same way you supported me. Here's looking foward to a newly revitalised and dependable Eurotimez.

Your letter has been reposted at RWG1.1 for the information of members there.

Regards, Col.

Nice one Chris. Have never had anything but fast, professional dealings with you guys. Everyone goes through rough patches now and again. It's how we deal with it that counts. Wear your heart on your sleeve, and live with integrity and you can't go far wrong.

Keep it up guys!!!!

Talk soon

A