When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What if you could improve your wristi images ?

lanikai

Just posting a thread to see what kind of response we would get if members could post simple questions regarding photo images of their watches.. and have them answered by not just one.. but many expert photogs ??

did you ever get frustrated that your image was blurred... too bright.. discoloured.. or have seen images and said..

" I want my images to look just like that !"

Would you use this Q and A section if it was available ??

would you want to improve, or learn how, to take good images with your mobile phone ? without the need for expensive equipment ?

and have an image you could post on the wristi thread..

Or with the camera equipment you have now .. do Pictorials of your new arrivals that you would be proud to post ??

without.. "sorry for the blurred images" statement ?

If I were to ask a Q to the experts.. my first one would be: ... how can I sharpen the font on the dial in my images (macro).. better strobe flash ? better what ????

I feel that I could improve and learn the simple issues from the members here ...

My Q to you as members .... would this Q and A section be of value to you and would you post and use it ??

A~C

Lani

YES YES YES

This would be especially helpful for those members who are intimidated by the

professional pictures posted. And for the advanced a refining of technique.

We all grow and learn.

there are many here who are in the biz.. so to speak.. but many of us.. (myself for one) .. have learned here .. my interest in watches has brought me to an interest in the camera..

don't be intimadated bubu... no one is here to do anything but support you in what ever watch interest you have..

after the contest we will see what we can come up with in the way of .. some simple settings that work best under what lighting..

main thing is to get those wristi's up and share your watches with us.. as in the real world .. reps aren't always welcomed with such enregy !!

A~C

Lani

Definitely, this would be very helpful. When I first joined the forum, my pictures were really bad. They're still not to the standard I would like, but just through reading write-ups from the experts here I have been able to make my pictures more presentable. To have constructive criticism and pointers on how to improve would be a great benefit to all!

Complete noob here, would like to know basics, such as which camera to buy, etc

If I were a complete noob with a few bob spare, I'd buy a Panasonic Lumix LX3 or (second choice) a Canon G10.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmclx3/page17.asp

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong10/page24.asp

Of course, there are SLR options for the non-noobs (whatever Canon/Nikon you can afford), but it's not an option for a complete noob.

Just my opinion, of course.

Lani,

certainly i would like to knwo how to improve my photos.

In August i will attending a 1 day training on photoshooting with a DSLR.

Also through this forum a got triggered by the nice pictures and bought my self a 50D from Canon.

( the analoge 5 is for sale :D )

Still need to buy a good marco lens and then the fun get's started.

Browesed through pug's tutorial on how to shoot a decnet picture which was ver helpfull.

But if there is more info please make it public here on RWG.

Carpe Diem

Cats

What I'm thinking of and nothing is written in stone... is not so much a 1000 word tutorial... I for one don't always care to read page after page of "how to" .. I have not read any books or tutorials myself.. more a trail and error and "reps" .. reps and more reps..

If you are afraid of falling.. don't be !!.. we all fall down..the key is "HOW YOU GET UP !!" AND MOVE ON..

everyone looks good in competition standing alone.. but having people and in this case images better than I do .. makes me strive more to improve..

What I am thinking of is a "simple" ... here these are the setting you want for outdoor.. indoor.. etc. so you can have a starting point.. and once you have that .. all it takes is experimenting on your part..

It may not be "One" member but a group of members that can answer your Q's.. like a General photo section..

":How can I".. type of questions.. without complex technical jargon..

I will post a time line of my first images and what I post now.. you will be surprised.. and if I can do it without reading books upon books.. you can to.. my next post will be some images from when I first started psoting pics.. :)

This is a Timeline of my images.... laughter is good :lol: for the soul....

Pre Jurassic Era

img1624r.jpg

A short time later

img1698o.jpg

kept going

89276354.jpg

Fast forward.......... Like anything else the reps.. and practice start paying off.

csc0028.jpg

63525758.jpg

57748377.jpg

This hobby got me into Macro's

unrosegold028.jpg

unrosegold029.jpg

unrosegold045.jpg

I am in no way an expert in photography.. don't even ask me what settings I'm using.. :p .. I just go by feel.. "the zen of imaging" :rolleyes: I'm not the one to ask.. but there are many members here who you can... B)

so if we had a section like GD for photo's then you all could just ask a question and the many photog's here could give a simple one line answer....

This is RWG.. we perservere... we do not give up ... and we are all about support.. so don't feel your ever not "good enough"

That's how we roll !!!

Why don't we ask B16 and ammandel to start a mobile phone wristi thread.. participating in your hobby and community makes it all the more rewarding.. more than just hanging out and reading...

If you all look in the Raffle Section to the Photo Contest you will find the contestants there will bedazzle ya.. and they can answer questions that would take hours of reading or experimenting with your camera to figure out..

A~C

Lani

I think Lanikai's pics are quite amazing.

I have a question though:

The wrist shot:

In my opinion the hardest one to do (if by yourself).

DSLR seems impossible (I have a Canon D10 with the extra battery pack - I know it's a dinosaur by now, but it still take decent pics and ways a ton),

so I use my little point&shoot.

I always see the same kind of shot.

Has anybody managed to get a decent wristy from the "other side" meaning the outer side of your wrist.

If so please post some pics for us to learn.

Here are my last wrist shots:

DSSDbeach.jpg

DSSDpool1.jpg

DSSDjungle.jpg

You see what I mean: it's basically always the same shot with different backdrops, there must be a better way

I think I'm very much the same as Lani- I have no idea what f-stop, aperture, etc I'm using. I just kinda go with whatever works and try for the best lighting conditions as possible.

Quality of images for me really went up when I changed from the Canon Powershots to my EOS Rebel. Night and day difference and far less noise with the dark colors. Also, much more flexible in terms of what kinds of shots can be done; maybe one of my best purchases in a very long time!

My Q to you as members .... would this Q and A section be of value to you and would you post and use it ??

A~C

Lani

Absolutely Lani. I would love to up my game and I think this section would be of great value to the forum.

Maybe you'd like to use a mirror ..?

Pix has always been the apex of .."Necessity is the Mother of all Invention" B)

your car side vew mirror works.. try doing it when the vehicle is not moving though.. :bangin:

A~C

L

There I was... Driving up the hill on my way home from work and to my surprise, just as I was cresting the top... Another car was coming towards me in my own lane(!)

I swerved out of the way, barely avoiding a head on collision. Just as I passed, I happened to look over at the driver. Much to my shock, I saw the idiot taking a picture of his WATCH in his side view mirror... Completely oblivious to nearly running me off the road.

The humanity...

There I was... Driving up the hill on my way home from work and to my surprise, just as I was cresting the top... Another car was coming towards me in my own lane(!)

I swerved out of the way, barely avoiding a head on collision. Just as I passed, I happened to look over at the driver. Much to my shock, I saw the idiot taking a picture of his WATCH in his side view mirror... Completely oblivious to nearly running me off the road.

The humanity...

Good Lord!

I just hope he isn't from these fora.... Thank God you're fine, R...

Lani your insights and expertise are always appreciated. I suspect there's a LOT of interest not just for the wristies but also to assist with the selling of pieces in the Trade Area. Ugh nothing is worse than trying to make out features on a blurry pic for sale!!

Oh and thanks for the advice for the BP....I forewent the working PR for the correct dial...couldnt be happier!

Cheers Tony