When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Superocean Steelfish

lazarini

Hello all.

I posted today a little whats in my package game when i have received the watch, looks like people enjoyed that :) anyway if u did not see the initial post u can do so here: KLIK

We all know the watch right.

That said i also owned the REP and liked it u can see it pictured in my collection thread link that can be found in my signature. The REP is truly magnificent piece still this is just finished of on a much higher level...

I'm not gonna loose time on packaging but ill say bravo to Breitling on including a travel pouch for the watch inside the storage box... when i travel i usually take 2 watches now one can be safely stored in the case one on wrist...

The detail of the dial is just crispier on this one personally i picked up the Silver dialed fish as i find it the most interesting and versatile. On leather it dresses up nice, on Rubber gives u that sporty look on bracelet again a different watch all together.

The AR makes the dial pop, the numbers are polished and give a nice effect at different angels. Lume is good on par with my Gen Sub but again does not compare to my UN that has an unbelievable luminosity.

On wrist this watch is searching for attention and gets it, its a stunning watch in person i have received quite a few compliments today from my co-workers that checked it out.

Lets see some pics now ;) as always if u have any questions feel free to ask.

Bakelite box top:

IMG_9762.jpg

Open up and see the storage/travel case... very useful:

IMG_9765.jpg

Storage case opened here it is mmmm:

IMG_9772.jpg

Closeup from the side:

IMG_9773.jpg

Top Shot:

IMG_9780.jpg

Lets see it on the wrist then:

IMG_9790.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

I mentioned the polished numbers make different effect in certain angle... this is what i mean:

IMG_9797.jpg

Lume... note picture taken in quite light up room it does shine stronger in darker environment:

IMG_9809.jpg

There u go folks, hope u enjoyed this as much as i did taking the pics and writing this lines ;)

Kind Regards Laz :hi:

Thanks for taking the time Laz. :victory:

These are beautifull photos, once again.

And you are right (so is BT) the watch is amazing. :)

I would go for it right away after yout threads ...but I know I wouldn't wear it (again).

Or? Maybe you can send me yours for a trial period :lol:

Nice looking watch Laz, but this Gen appears to have the some misalignment flaws. I'm talking about the misalignment of the 12,3,6,9 tick marks with the lumed square/triangle and the non-equal spacing of the printed ring relative to the rehaut. This infuriates me on my rep, but on a gen I'd go bonkers.

Nice looking watch Laz, but this Gen appears to have the some misalignment flaws. I'm talking about the misalignment of the 12,3,6,9 tick marks with the lumed square/triangle and the non-equal spacing of the printed ring relative to the rehaut. This infuriates me on my rep, but on a gen I'd go bonkers.

Does appear like that on the strait top shot... the ting is I actually taken that photo from an slight angle at high rez then cropped it afterwords... the final picture puts watch in the middle but angle was more bottom right on original shot.

Nevertheless i just checked the lume markers versus the ring versus the tabs and all seams fine and in place too me.

Nevertheless thx for noticing and make me check ;)

Laz

Thanks for taking the time Laz. :victory:

These are beautifull photos, once again.

And you are right (so is BT) the watch is amazing. :)

I would go for it right away after yout threads ...but I know I wouldn't wear it (again).

Or? Maybe you can send me yours for a trial period :lol:

Just tell me and ill ship that 2u whenever u want my friend, i think u would wear it at least twice ;)

A beautiful piece and very nice look. So when will you be selling it so I can make buy it from you. Remember I asked first.

Ill keep that in mind... ;)

Very nice. :thumbs:

Does anyone know the model history on the seconds hand. Arrow -vs- Box?

I think (can be wrong) the 2006 model had the box maybe the 2007 also but 2008 is arrow...

The watch looks amazing and the silver dial gives it

a fantastic look.

That's really the best Dial option in my opinion and I

like it really.

On leather it looks fantastic.

Congrats my friend to your new Gen one.

Thank u D. I agree on the dial ists my favorite also, not that the other ones are bad this one just has something more...

LAZ

what ? not any more Mr. Bond ?

man - your 2fast - cant follow u any more ;)

ur more like Leonardo di caprio in blood diamond now ?

can i call u Leo ? :D

serious - congrats !!! - get an OR-strap - the best combo imho .....

how much was the damage ? saw some very good prices lately.

and what crazy person put this cheap Australian steel i saw in your depacking extravaganza on a swiss watch ??

cheers,

Frank

what ? not any more Mr. Bond ?

man - your 2fast - cant follow u any more ;)

ur more like Leonardo di caprio in blood diamond now ?

can i call u Leo ? :D

serious - congrats !!! - get an OR-strap - the best combo imho .....

how much was the damage ? saw some very good prices lately.

and what crazy person put this cheap Australian steel i saw in your depacking extravaganza on a swiss watch ??

cheers,

Frank

Muhahaha u crack me Frank u really do m8 B):D

Call me what u like hehe... OR strap is a good idea all do genuine cost as much as the bracelet :huh: in that case kinda hard not to take the bracelet instead right?

The damage was the Bond that i basically swapped for this piece ... i saw these go around 1.5k euro second hand complete and great condition (mint). There are better deals to be had also but u need to keep ure eyes open ...

Yea actually that bracelet did not look that bad but the quality and the el cheapo clasp is just a no go on his kinda watch.

LAZ

Great shots Laz! I think you'll enjoy this one as you have some really elegant pieces in your colllection, and this Breitling is a bit if a bruiser, so it sits in the collection very nicely. It looks so nice on that dark leather strap!

I used to own a rep on the rubber strap, it makes great daily wearing in the summer months.

Laz -- once again, thanks for sharing a tremendous looking piece...

someone should ship you their steelfish rep for a side-by-side...with macro shots, it would be a great study on how good a genuine really is -- or just how good this super-rep is...

all the best -- R