When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Tudor Sub Project

redwatch

Caseback from Marble does not fit the 5513 MBW case, but I am currently using the caseset from Marble. The gen rolex crown does not fit into the MBW case (which is odd because I thought that was the whole point of the MBW case - it is supposed to accept gen parts). I put the movement back into the original case set from Marble and for some strange reason it lined up nicely. :g:

I may take you up on your offer for that caseback after all. Just to see if it fits the MBW case.

Thanks for checking! I sure hope it looks authentic! Gen Dial, Gen Hands, Gen Movement! Of course, I probably could have bought a gen for what I put into this, but it sure is fun! :p

Still not sure about the case set up at the moment. Debating whether or not I want to transplant this into my new MBW case. But then if I do that, the case will need a serious overhaul. Reworked CG's, drilled lugholes and at least a week in the pocket with the keys and coins. Not to mention the bezel insert will need a good treatment too. Maybe the salt water/sand/ultrasonic bath trick plus some time out in the sun. We'll see!

In the meantime, here's a few more pics I shot this morning:

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

It's looking really good.

Congrats.

Well you are a large contributor to how it looks, so congrats to you! It turned out amazing Ziggy! Thank you very much! I will have to consult with you about servicing the movement. It's losing a lot of time! (14 - 15 min per hour)

If it's loosing that much, you may want to leave it sit until it's looked at. Some of these older Tudor movements are in quite rough shape, almost as if the original buyer never even considered having it serviced. You could also have a worn out slipping cannon gear.

+1 here!

A service is a must when a movement is so far from giving the right time!

• 2 months later...

Well after a long, long time, the Super Franken Tudor 9411 is coming along quite nicely. Still having some work done, but I thought I would post the progress so far. I will be posting a very nice, long review of this watch, it's history and the amazing tale of how great this community is. I cannot believe how many members have contributed their time, suggestions, parts and help with this project. I cannot thank you all enough!

Here's what she's got:

Genuine Dial - relumed by the master himself

Genuine Hands - also relumed

Genuine Tudor 2784 movement

Genuine 702 Twinlock Crown & Tube

Genuine 9315T Folded Link Bracelet

Genuine 380 Endlinks

Case assembly is rep, but it is a very nice quality one.

Here's some pictures:

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

• 1 year later...

Looks lovely. I am in the process of gathering parts for a mini-sub and a regular one for both my wife and I. What are the specs of the case? I have two movements and just missing one dial and the hands, and of course, the cases.

E