When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Gen Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN

rckh

Dear Friends:

I bought this beauty in last year Nov; as I'm too busy on my MBA study. Haven't got much time to take some photos for it. Tonight; got nothing to do & I grab my camera to take a few shots.....

Whole Package:

Picture001_resize.jpg

Picture017_resize.jpg

Closeup Front view:

Picture002_resize.jpg

Picture012_resize.jpg

Picture013_resize.jpg

Picture014_resize.jpg

ARed Cyclop:

Picture015_resize.jpg

Hand Stack:

Picture016_resize.jpg

Crown:

Picture010_resize.jpg

Beautiful SEL(Solid End Link)

Picture011_resize.jpg

Clasp & Engravement:

Picture007_resize.jpg

Picture008_resize.jpg

Picture009_resize.jpg

Tags & Card:

Picture003_resize.jpg

Picture004_resize.jpg

Picture005_resize.jpg

Picture006_resize.jpg

Wristshot:

Picture018_resize.jpg

Picture019_resize.jpg

Picture020_resize.jpg

Thx for your time to watching!

Best Regards,

Raymond

Congrats for getting the real deal :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It looks splendid.

Sorry for asking but did you own a rep of it?

If so, what are your observations in terms of feel...

The rep is great I wonder if the gen is trully different.

Cheers

Stephane

Hi Stephane:

So happy to see you reply my post!

Yep; I owned an V.1 & V.2 both version before but I already sold them. Overall; I think the rep of GMTIIc is well made. However; in the latest version (True Ceramic Bezel or so call V.2) the bezel shape & size are complete different (Too thick) with Gen. V.1 the sandwich ceramic bezel is much much closer than the gen one; but as most of your may know. The main flaw on V.1 is the fonts on sandwich ceramic bezel are way too thick & it's NOT scratch proof!! (That means if you scratch your bezel; then you are tell all people you are wearing a rep....). Also; the non-AR cyclop on reps are deadly flaws. It's very very easy to found out the different if you pay attention on that. There're not reflection in any angle on Gen cyclop. This one is very important & improve a lot in our daily usage. Last; I also notice that in V.2. The Rehaut engravement is too noticeable & too dark; on Gen it's almost can't see them under normal light enironment. Plus the clasp engravement on V.2 is also much worse than the V.1 before it.

Hope this could help & give an idea to all folks who want to get the GMTIIc rep for themselve.

Best Regards,

Raymond

Splendid pics and even better watch...

I had a chance to play with the rep as with the gen ... IMHO milestones in between... the real deal just feels so much better / solid when compared to the rep. I'm not going to comment on the rolexrolex engravings on the rep bezel witch is an instant tell among the usual Rolex give always...

Yes i do agree the rep is good still difference is huge.

I been eyeballing one of these GMT2C pieces some time now i found it to be the sweetest Rolex in today's lineup.

Wear it well R.

Laz

Splendid pics and even better watch...

I had a chance to play with the rep as with the gen ... IMHO milestones in between... the real deal just feels so much better / solid when compared to the rep. I'm not going to comment on the rolexrolex engravings on the rep bezel witch is an instant tell among the usual Rolex give always...

Yes i do agree the rep is good still difference is huge.

I been eyeballing one of these GMT2C pieces some time now i found it to be the sweetest Rolex in today's lineup.

Wear it well R.

Laz

Hi Laz:

Don't hestiate to get a Gen if the chance come up. It's one of the greatest model in current Rolex line.

~ A little bigger size; match the huge watch trend

~ Very accurate movement as it equiped with the new anti-magnetic & tempature compensation "Parachrom hairspring".

~ Very handy GMT function, improved cyclop & new design clasp with comfort link

It's worth to own a Gen one. Plus; the price is drop rapidly after the financial crsis. I got this around 18% off of list price with 12months instalment. Therefore I can't found a reason for myself to refuse it.

Best Regards,

Raymond

I would have nabbed one of these myself if I weren't waiting for the SS ceramic submariner to come out. As much as I love the GMT, I like the cleaner, less cluttered look of the sub.

Congratulations on [another] gorgeous watch.