When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats the general opinion on PT's new milgauss?

mdg137

The lume is nice...even if it's not true SL...the fact that they got orange glowing blue is good. This is supposed to be the green sapphire one and not the green BANDED regular sapphire right? He mentioned that in his post here, but the site didn't specify that.

Hey Robertk,

According to HERE...the big difference is this one supposedly has a real green sapphire crystal...as opposed to a green band used the last round. I thought your version had the green crystal...what's your take?

Well, I could swear mine has the green crystal not just the band. I'm going to look at it more closely. BTW, I was in an AD and looked at it through the case, and it looked exactly the same. Maybe my old eyes are fooling me, but if there is a difference it is not much when eyeballing it.

If I am not mistaken the real one has black hands vs. silver hands on the rep.

No, that's the reflective nature of a mirror finish. As a matter of fact, this is called "black polish" .. so chrome/perfect/smooth that it looks black at off-angles.

they are not really black.

the BIGGEST difference with new one is the bezel!!!

The old one had too much of a thick bezel which was a HUGE giveaway.

the new "ultimate" looks to have got this sorted!

i am impressed

I just received mine from trusty! What can i say i am amazed by the quality and the weird green saphire with great ar. Nice blue lume on orange indices qnd very good clasp engravings!

Here's a pic of my gen. It's got no AR (as gen rolex's never have had AR)

This watch is so good, it simply cannot be replicated. In this case, as with all rolex, nothing beats genuine :)

milgauss001.jpg

For sure nothing beats the genuine article, congrats for your gen and wear it well. I dont know ic its ar coating or not but under certain angles all the sapphire appears green and has verry little reflections something that make the dial pop out. For the money its a verry well made watch imho