When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gran is sick?

ahchard

Call me cynical, but how convenient.

It may well be true, it's even slightly possible that it is but I've seen this sort of thing a number of times before, ie someone does something that pisses off a lot of people very quickly and then a family member posts saying that they're ill.

In an extreme case, a brother posted that the forum member had been killed in a car accident. A few months later the original member reappeared from the dead with some equally implausable explanation as to why his 'brother' had lied in the first place.

Although relatively new to RWG, I've been around internet forums and communities for enough years and have enough experience to read this and immediately think 'yeah, right'.

If I'm wrong, I'll be first in the queue to apologise. I suspect I'm just typing what a lot of people are thinking though.

Call me cynical, but how convenient.

It may well be true, it's even slightly possible that it is but I've seen this sort of thing a number of times before, ie someone does something that pisses off a lot of people very quickly and then a family member posts saying that they're ill.

In an extreme case, a brother posted that the forum member had been killed in a car accident. A few months later the original member reappeared from the dead with some equally implausable explanation as to why his 'brother' had lied in the first place.

Although relatively new to RWG, I've been around internet forums and communities for enough years and have enough experience to read this and immediately think 'yeah, right'.

If I'm wrong, I'll be first in the queue to apologise. I suspect I'm just typing what a lot of people are thinking though.

K.

Yup... what he said^^^, and I'll be the second to apologize.

If Gran's really physically sick I wish him well.. If he's guilt sick, it serves him right. I would put money on the latter.

Yup... what he said^^^, and I'll be the second to apologize.

If Gran's really physically sick I wish him well.. If he's guilt sick, it serves him right. I would put money on the latter.

Translation: Rehab, probably. And if that's true, we should send nothing but prayers, good vibes, or whatever you personally send people when you wish them success. As the son of a recovering alcoholic, I can tell you the next weeks and months are going to very difficult for Gran and his family.

Translation: Rehab, probably. And if that's true, we should send nothing but prayers, good vibes, or whatever you personally send people when you wish them success. As the son of a recovering alcoholic, I can tell you the next weeks and months are going to very difficult for Gran and his family.

I think that's probably too large an assumption to make. The general feeling is that if he's sick, we all hope he makes a speedy recovery. If he's ducked out (let's be honest, it is a bit suspicious) karma will get him. Now suddenly he's a recovering alcoholic.....???

"Grethe" said that Gunnar couldn't post on RWG1 since the early weekend...which would make this an excuse of how it couldn't have been Gran doing all those bad things....

Another thing is, notice the little red heart emoticon thingy in the title of the topic...Not something someone who doesn't post on a forum often would use when posting to explain the disappearance of her husband....doubt someone who was new to this would know of even care to use it.

Gran is so full of it....If I am wrong and Gran really is recovering from something, then I will apologoze...

But I will bet that the person posting that wasn't his wife and that he is trying to make a way to re-endear himself to those who liked him.

c'mon now...I've watched some of you guys be very very generous with giving certain people the benefit of the doubt over the last few months, but if you buy this "excuse" now then you're just being suckers. Other people get hurt as a result. At some point you have to learn from your experiences, or you'll just keep repeating them. :black_eye:

Statikman - you're a good looking dude. You and I should go cruising for chicks some night. :pimp:

You 2 would clean up dude. If you're half as charming as you are good looking you will never want for women.

Speaking of cruising, what time piece gets the chicks attention the most - in your broad, varied, and energetic experience?

Whatever did or did not happen with Gran over the past two weeks will never be completely clear nor fully understood.

Given the benefit of the doubt, I believe we should let Gran find his own path either back to us or to some other destination more to his liking.

Stress and alcohol can be terrible enemies that can cause people to do things they would not normally do.

Let's see how this unfolds. :)

to me it sounds like a sick joke from a mod over at TRC

it might not be one, but especialy the "liquor" and all that stuff... i mean if gran edited posts of nanuq, maybe someone else thought, "hey, lets do the same with his post to teach him" or something...

just a thought!

I give the benefit, & hope for tlhe best !

I wonder though, who is mucking about with the posts over there if it's not him...

Blade ???? :unsure:

Mucking seems to have stopped a couple of days ago :huh:

Could be "The_Savior"???? Whoever that is.....

Some really weird stuff going on.... Hell could be Gaf has taken over the account since the site is hosted where they can get to it..... (All you conspiricy theroists.... Nothing meant by this, cause things have happend that I can't explain)

to me it sounds like a sick joke from a mod over at TRC

it might not be one, but especialy the "liquor" and all that stuff... i mean if gran edited posts of nanuq, maybe someone else thought, "hey, lets do the same with his post to teach him" or something...

just a thought!

Slay...

The mod at TRC can not do anything over there because he can't access the "Stuff" needed to do it.

Gran did 100% modify Bob's posts.... No need to question that....

Gran is going through some difficult times right now and for those of you who considered him a friend. (Me Included) we all need to wish, pray, whatever that he finds some peace and happiness....

To be serious for just a minute, let me say that I have possibly had as many run-in's with Gran as did anyone else. You might say we had a "love/hate" relationship - Gran loved to hate me. And of course, I used that "love" to deliberately ruffle his feathers, I admit.

He was a good Mod at RWG, defintely overzealous, but a good Mod and totally loyal to the spirit which was RWG. At times it seemed as though he focused his "zeal" on me in particular, and we exchanged many a heated PM over that idea. But....... for some yet unknown reason, I liked the guy. Still do.

Maybe now is a time for us all to reflect, as I have, upon the Gran we once knew?

In closing, I leave you with an animated .gif which I created for Gran and posted last Wednesday, March 15th, just before things went straight to hell. He really enjoyed it, and you will notice, he adapted it as his Avatar/Sig Pic.

LINK: Gran ani

7463-5443.gif