When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My gens!

By-Tor

LOL guys... I'd definitely get the Sub but WM9 is just too good. Same "problem" with the SFSO, SMP Chrono and Ebel Discovery. All too good reps. If I ever get a gen Sub, I'll get the no-date modern version (my old man owns one). It's my favorite.

I've pretty much just bought gen versions of my reps. Thanks to this forum, I have all my favorite watches that I ever dreamed of, except for that full gold Breguet Type X Chronograph... maybe I get the gen next (ah well maybe not). :D

Will never sell any of my gens.

Pepsi is probably my all time favorite watch. I actually like the 16710 so much that I'm planning to get another eventually (red/black). :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity... how much the preowned 14060's are going for (about) right now? I haven't had much time to follow the gen prices lately.

Guest HaloArchive
Will never sell any of my gens.

Pepsi is probably my all time favorite watch. I actually like the 16710 so much that I'm planning to get another eventually (red/black). :)

Then you'll be liking the Coke more and i'll buy the Pepsi :D

PLEASE

Cheers~

H

Hehe... I used to have 2 reps of the 16710 (Pepsi and Coke). I was always going back and forth with them... I really like the Coke but at the end of the day Pepsi is the classic... and the "Rolex purists' choice". :)

Hehe... I used to have 2 reps of the 16710 (Pepsi and Coke). I was always going back and forth with them... I really like the Coke but at the end of the day Pepsi is the classic... and the "Rolex purists' choice". :)

Agreed, funny do the coke bezel insert does nothing for me im pepsi all the way ;)

now if they would only do the ceramic pepsi bezel for the GMT2C i would be all over that... thus from what i heard they have problems coloring the cherachrom bezels so does not look promising.

Laz

@Laz: I'm quite amazed that they can't produce a Pepsi version. I mean, man went to the moon 40 years ago. :D

The lack of Pepsi version is one of my issues with the GMTIIc. Just think about the traditions and the characteristic "Rolex look" that the Pepsi version has. It's immediately indentifiable as a Rolex (although many brands have copied it). Pepsi bezel has been a symbol of Rolex GMT for decades.

• 1 month later...

I had a price negotiation of a preowned gen blue SFSO in one of the gen forums, and I got the price down enough. I was ready to make the deal but the seller withdrew his sale. Damn! :thumbdown:

I'm still waiting for a good deal on that watch. If anyone in EU knows a good one (below $1.500) let me know. And yes... good ones CAN be obtained for that price.

• 2 months later...