When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4th gen 42.5mm PO

ubiquitous

Re: Happy feet. I will likely be tackling this down the road a bit... Trying to decide on the method I want to use to address this...

Curious how you plan to do this besides a gen dial (if they even fit).

It seems like another posted a while back, the factories probably have a big supply of the happy feet and we'll have to wait until that stock runs out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an epiphany the other night while going through old spare bits. I have a couple of left over Sub dials... Glanced at them while pondering the pearl for my PO... And it became apparent to me that the marker was about the same size as what I needed. What's more... The markers on an old WM9 dial I had looked good- Nice rounded tops, slightly recessed luminous... And some gloss over the top to help keep it somewhat weatherproof.

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

I am a bit surprised that no one tried it first... But I'm always glad to try new things for the benefit of my fellow forum friends :) And in cases like this, glad to provide new solutions to old problems as well.

I had an epiphany the other night while going through old spare bits. I have a couple of left over Sub dials... Glanced at them while pondering the pearl for my PO... And it became apparent to me that the marker was about the same size as what I needed. What's more... The markers on an old WM9 dial I had looked good- Nice rounded tops, slightly recessed luminous... And some gloss over the top to help keep it somewhat weatherproof.

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

I am a bit surprised that no one tried it first... But I'm always glad to try new things for the benefit of my fellow forum friends :) And in cases like this, glad to provide new solutions to old problems as well.

So I was right about the markers :)

I have also done it years ago but never on a PO.

Looks really good Randy.

Good idea for this mod. Congrats

Thanks, guys. It's always interesting... Thinking of unconventional methods to improve the little details. A fun experiment and with decent results. Is it perfect? No... It's not gen perfect. But in normal, every day situ it looks pretty dang good; even in up close macro pics, it's a good looking replacement option (in my opinion) that is low cost, and relatively easy to implement (this took me 10 minutes to do and cost me all of nothing out of pocket). A big improvement over the pearl that comes standrd for certain.

As for durability- Mine has held up well over the last few days- It's solidly affixed to the insert and it's held it's own to water, rinsing, etc. Since it's relatively low profile, I don't worry about it getting knocked on or beaten on, catching on a desk corner and popping off, etc.

I have enough to do a few more... maybe enough for 3 or 4... Have to keep a few aside for reserves and have a few lined up already for friends, etc.