When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quartz movment watchs that are lust-worthy

Packard

Omega X-33.. The current Astronaut watch. I think these are still made, but no longer available to general public.

4rc91c4.jpg

Tissot T-touch is also a very well-made watch with unique functions. It might be too cheap to be considered lust-worthy.. :)

The Omega is no longer available because it falls apart at a turn of the crown. I read a story about an astronaut whose watch literally fell apart and he had to fix it while on a mission. Knowing nothing about watches but having an engineering background he fixed it fine, i think even made it better that time around.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of cause there are lustworthy quartz watches! Here are my current wants:

Any 7A38 equiped Mill Seikos:

seikochronos72.jpg

image003.gif

But especialy the grail quartz Seiko, the Vulcan, issued only to Vulcan aircrew. Very high EMF resistance and like all 7A38s accurate to 6sec a year:

image021.gif

And the SNA411a:

seiko_SNA411.jpg

Definiatly one on the way soon. Gray market ones are dirt cheap ATM.

Col.

Guest HaloArchive

I have a daily beater which I pick up most days. Its Quartz.. Its Fossil :p It has been good to me and holds sentimental value as well. Yellow dial, blue subdials, H Bracelet. It even has AR coating :o

H

That's like the most complicated dial in the world!! lol

What are all the numbers for?!

Similar to a Navitimer. It does aeronautical navigational computations. Speed over ground, ETA, fuel burn, time to waypoint, ect, ect. Much like a E6B circular slide rule.

spockwithe6bflightrule.jpg

One moment Captain . . .

Col.

To the OP:

sa1p.jpg

86img1610.jpg

Grab and Go chrono. :)

I really like this watch but dont they go for around $1000.00? I first saw It In the Aprial IW Mag. I really like that vintage look. There are some quarts watches that I like but lust? Naaa I dont think so :rolleyes: Mike

I do believe everyone needs a quartz to set the other watches to, and I think in a collection of over a dozen watches, a quartz piece is acceptable. :)

Here's mine:

Timberland%20-%202.jpg

And here's my walking watch:

casio%20-%201.jpg

But generally, I'd rather wear a mechanical rep than a quartz gen.

I actually prefer the quartz reps on chrono watches because of the problems the A7750 has:

1. It's much more expensive than quartz.

2. It has a lot of reliability issues.

3. It can't replicate many watches' sub dial spacing, so sometimes the quartz version costs much less and is in fact much more accurate.

On non-chrono watches, I like to get the "soul' as you call it of the auto movements. It has less problems, at a decent price.

I actually prefer the quartz reps on chrono watches because of the problems the A7750 has:

1. It's much more expensive than quartz.

2. It has a lot of reliability issues.

3. It can't replicate many watches' sub dial spacing, so sometimes the quartz version costs much less and is in fact much more accurate.

On non-chrono watches, I like to get the "soul' as you call it of the auto movements. It has less problems, at a decent price.

+1