When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post your torch pics (let's see that lume)

ubiquitous

I only have two pics- I don't usually take lume shots, but figured they'd be fun.

Planet Ocean franken (gen SL bezel/pearl, dial and hands):

IMG_5770.jpg

(shutter speed 8sec)

Pre-A PAM002 (FGD dial with Tritec SL):

IMG_5974.jpg

(shutter speed 10sec)

I know the slower shutted speed is cheating, but I don't know any other way :)

If you have some lume pics, please post away!

^_^

Holy crap that Promaster glows! Not bad for a 2sec exposure!

You other guys, hacking the MVT before taking the shot is cheating! :)

Hacking the movement? Show me where I've hacked it. Also, on the Panerais with the crown-guard closed, there's no hacking going on there, either.

However, if you need the exposure times, then hopefully I've left the EXIF data intact. Oh, maybe not. :)

ps. Knowing the exposure time in no way helps determine how bright something actually is. You need a lot more info about the shot than that.

Can i just ask...how the hell do you take lume shots like these???...i cannot get anything like these..mine turn out....well.. Sh7t!!

Some cameras simply cannot take this sort of photo. What you need to do to learn is to take long exposures in the dark.

You need a tripod or other way of keeping the camera stable: this is not negotiable. Focus with the lights on, then turn auto-focus off. Turn off the flash (Duh). Set the exposure for about 20 seconds. Set the timer (or use a cable-release) and stand well back.

That's it.

Okay, here's my Ziggymeister'd Luminox 1888 Field Watch. Blue SuperLuminova for the immediate gratification, Luminox gas tritium tubes for reading all night. Had to use the blue SL since dial numbers/hands are originally white and green SL would've made them green tint in daylight. Notice the Z's master touch, S.lume applied around gas tritium tubes on hour/minute hands and the tiny seconds hand at register 3!

ZiggyLuminox.jpg