When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A couple of new arrivals

b16a2

Fantastic additions to the collection :) It's actually given me a rather warped idea for a new project :whistling: but the least said, the better... :lol:

That's a fantastic collection, as it covers the basics, with some nice variety :) Have you any plans to add a Sub or SD to the collection?

@Dluddly - The APROO is seriously impressive. The build quality is fantastic, and if you are into the ROO's the rubberclad will not disappoint. I was really hoping it wouldn't disappoint me when i got it, but it was completely the opposite. It has really set in stone how much I like the rubberclad :)

@By-tor - it's funny you should say that. I remember when i first started collecting reps here, and my collection was so different to yours. However, over the past year my tastes have really changed, and I have a more similar collection to yourself (give or take a few)...so what are we buying next? :)

Thanks Freddy and Redwatch :)

@Teejay - I am intrigued to see what project this post has been a catalyst for! Keep us posted ;) Yes, a Submariner is next on the list...I know i had a V2 refurbished, but I have something else lined up at the moment.....can't really say much just yet, but hopefully Il post some pictures in a month or so. I also have my name down for the WM9 Seadweller, so I am really looking forward to this one.

@Ubi - tell me about it, the bank balance has been decreasing quite severely these past few weeks haha

As for wrist time, the UN sees the least amount of wrist time, purely because I keep it for best wear to try and preserve it (silly I know) The one that gets the most wrist time at the moment is the Black Explorer 2. For me it is perfect....it suits my wrist size, it's comfortable, and isn't too attention grabbing. I think the AP ROO and the Exp2 will see the most wrist time, with the PO being worn in rotation with them.

Very nice new arrivals.... and of course I can share your passion for the Rubberclad :D I bought the noob Expl II as well a year ago and it has since become my watch of choice whenever I can't make up my mind in front of the watchbox.

By the way, how do you rate the rubber bezel? Does it feel (more) solid than on the the early sec@12?

@Demonslayer - It certainly looks alot different doesn't it! Hope you're all good by the way, and enjoying your study free summer :)

@Cats - Panerai....I seemed to have been through a phase of liking them, and now I can leave them at the moment. However, I predict by late this year, i will start to want one again. My problem is I really like the 112/111 but the flaws just bug me. It's mainly the crown/cg shape. Even with a T/Palp crown it still looks wrong to my eyes, and its something I can't live with :(

@CC - The Exp2 is just great isn't it. Such a well balanced watch! I never held the earlier version of the Rubberclad, but I can say that this version feels very good. There is no doubt in my mind that this bezel will last, it seems to be well made....so far!

I don't understand why no one has bothered just having the white dialed ExpII's marker surrounds painted black by The Zigmeister during a relume/service/CG shave Exp II type thing.. Surely that'd make it as worthy as the franken!?

Although I do hear apperently gen Twin Lock crown for Exp2 and GMTII are a disasterous impossibility to find!

@Teejay - I am intrigued to see what project this post has been a catalyst for! Keep us posted ;) Yes, a Submariner is next on the list...I know i had a V2 refurbished, but I have something else lined up at the moment.....can't really say much just yet, but hopefully Il post some pictures in a month or so. I also have my name down for the WM9 Seadweller, so I am really looking forward to this one.

It might be a while in the development, and it's not quite a fully finalized design idea yet, but I think it'll be interesting :) I'll be interested to see what you get :) Given the amount of modern watches in the collection, might a vintage one add a little diversity, or, on the other hand, would a contemporary sub be more in keeping? Time will tell :)

• 2 weeks later...

@By-tor - it's funny you should say that. I remember when i first started collecting reps here, and my collection was so different to yours. However, over the past year my tastes have really changed, and I have a more similar collection to yourself (give or take a few)...so what are we buying next? :)

:D

I have decided to stand pat with my collection. I was thinking of the gen Steelfish but at the end of the day I'm happy with the rep.

That's my favorite diver watch without a doubt.

There haven't been many new reps that have catched my eye. But that doesn't stop us enjoying the old ones.

I don't understand why no one has bothered just having the white dialed ExpII's marker surrounds painted black by The Zigmeister during a relume/service/CG shave Exp II type thing.. Surely that'd make it as worthy as the franken!?

I explored this at first and the combination of removing each surround without damage to the dial or the surround plus the fact that the lume process would affect the paint led us to decide to go a different route - gen dial